Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Why are you a Bills Fan?

Ann

12 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

I have a genetic disorder, I blame my DNA.

Clearly the fault of your parents. I suggest you demand reparations, then sue.

• Haha 1

CarpetCrawler
9 hours ago, Koko said:

Clearly the fault of your parents. I suggest you demand reparations, then sue.

I thought of shoving them in a crappy Nursing Home, plenty of openings now. 

(Just a joke Ann, unfortunately my parents are long gone. It was just a humorous [apparently not] way of piling on Cuomo.)  😉

Edited by CarpetCrawler
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/16/2020 at 8:13 AM, plenzmd1 said:

was gunna say..cause I am an idiot.

Weird, my pops was not into sports at all, but somehow my brother and I fell in love with the Bills early in childhood. 

Funny story, and some of the older folks may appreciate and the younger ones say no way. My first fandom was a split between the Chiefs and the Bills. Back then, home games were NEVER on tv, sellout or not! Chiefs were always on when the Bills were at home, so i grew tolike them as much as the Bills. That lasted till i was prolly 9 or 10, but still have a soft sport in my heart for Lenny Dawson.

Also, who else here had to plead with their Mom to either go to early Mass or  to leave after church after communion cause the Bills were on at 1? Lord, RIP  Mom, but damn that woman would always say a true Catholic  does not go to Mass at 10:30 and never cuts out after communion,  and proper manners dictate we say hi to the Priest and socialize for a bit with other parishioners after church. Would not get home till like 1:20, and there would be my old man, not a Bills fan and not a Catholic, sitting in his chair watching the game just to laugh at me and my brother. Fun times!

Ohhh, this explains SO much! Child abuse can result in so many forms of damage!   😊

My dad was into the games, so Mass came early. Fine with me back then! Home game? What church? Arrive early!

Cutting down a Christmas tree on a Sunday was an express event. Cut the closest one down, get it to the car, and get home to see whatever game was on. Usually the Cowboys. 😓

The Bills have been a bond for four generations now. I would take Bills Digest to my dad when I was done reading it.  I hear from my son almost daily with any news that comes up. I get much of the same news online eventually, but I don’t get the Bills app updates intentionally so he can surprise me. We were on the golf course yesterday when I got a text from friends (yes, it’s true! Friends!) that Mongo had quit ( a/k/a “resigned”). He immediately felt the need to get the details! It was awesome! 

The Bills bring families together in a way no other team can surpass. 

• Like 1

I went with a friend to a preseason game I believe it was in 1966 at Aquila’s Stadium in Rochester. The Bills hosted the Dolphins. My friend picked Miami and I picked Buffalo. 

What I recall most from that game was that The Bills had the fattest OLineman I’d ever seen. He was wider at the waist than he was tall. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Born in Buffalo so it kinda goes with the territory and I wouldn't want it any other way. Love me some Buffalo Bills/Sabres. Yes, the 16 game losing streak sucks. Big homer, as many of you already know. So go Sabres!!!

Edited by Figster
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Robs House said:

Because I hate myself and deserve to suffer. I'm having a hard time handling this new turn of events.

There's always self-flagellation.

5 hours ago, Koko said:

There's always self-flagellation.

That's just a fancy way of saying "watch a Sabres game".

• Sad 2
  • Haha 6

• 3 weeks later...
The Guy In Pants
19 hours ago, NCBillsFan said:

@The Guy In Pants that was a great synopsis of your fan journey. Making up your own Bills version of Jingle Bells reminded me of the 1980 Bills version of the 12 days of Christmas.  I had the 45.

Never heard that haha. 1 year before I was born

• 1 month later...
You Dirty Rat

Because I enjoyed throwing my money away in the 70s  :surprised:

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 1:57 PM, HOUSE said:

As good a reason as any :classic_blink:

• Haha 1

On 6/24/2021 at 1:57 PM, HOUSE said:

1st, All I had for money in the 70s is my birthday money from grandma and grandpa. 2nd, been wondering for a bit. Why is your leg killing you?

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

We have had a lot of new members join since the last post in this thread. Maybe I should wait to bump until closer to the start of the season, but we have longer term members here that have yet to add their story.

Your story is interesting, I promise. 🙂