Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

UFL Game Threads 2024

PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

https://www.xfl.com/xfl-latest-news/cfl-to-explore-opportunities-for-alignment-with-xfl-owners

No hard details but the two leagues are discussing ways to work together. Could be a merger. Could be a challenge series between teams of both leagues. The obvious stumbling block: which version of football will they play?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

32 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

https://www.xfl.com/xfl-latest-news/cfl-to-explore-opportunities-for-alignment-with-xfl-owners

No hard details but the two leagues are discussing ways to work together. Could be a merger. Could be a challenge series between teams of both leagues. The obvious stumbling block: which version of football will they play?

My first thought when I read the topic title. This should be interesting.

• Like 1

RochesterRob
8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This would be like Cher and Sonny Bono getting married.  Wait, that already happened.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Alaska Darin
29 minutes ago, Ann said:

They arrested Brendan Langley (Calgary Stampeders WR, he was a  a third-round pick by the Denver Broncos in 2017) but not the airline employee!!

If there isn't more evidence than this, that's going to be a short trial.  Man, I wish an airline employee would put hands on me so I could own my own airline.

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

If there isn't more evidence than this, that's going to be a short trial.  Man, I wish an airline employee would put hands on me so I could own my own airline.

I saw a longer video out there, and am simply surprised that if one was arrested, both were not arrested. The airport will have the full film.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

20 hours ago, Ann said:

I saw a longer video out there, and am simply surprised that if one was arrested, both were not arrested. The airport will have the full film.

Both should have been arrested.

The airline worker from what I saw was the first to lay hands

Langley lost any self defense claim when he charged the airline worker after initially backing away.  The follow up punch does not help his case either

Alaska Darin
52 minutes ago, devnull said:

Both should have been arrested.

The airline worker from what I saw was the first to lay hands

Langley lost any self defense claim when he charged the airline worker after initially backing away.  The follow up punch does not help his case either

That's the magic of selective editing.  There was more video from earlier when the customer started the physical stuff.  The Airline guy stupidly responded a little later, which is what led to the video that's making the rounds.

The customer clearly deserved to be arrested.  The employee probably should be as well but i suspect getting knocked the &#%$ out for being too dumb to stand down is punishment enough.

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

That's the magic of selective editing.  There was more video from earlier when the customer started the physical stuff.  The Airline guy stupidly responded a little later, which is what led to the video that's making the rounds.

The customer clearly deserved to be arrested.  The employee probably should be as well but i suspect getting knocked the &#%$ out for being too dumb to stand down is punishment enough.

I read he was fired. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, SensaiFredVillari said:

Reminds me of the WCW WWF merger. 

You...uh...didn't cry when Hulk Hogan retired, did you?

• Haha 2

Beer__League__Hockey
9 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

You...uh...didn't cry when Hulk Hogan retired, did you?

It's ok brother, we cried too.

Hulk Hogan on Twitter: "Don't even try to bull shit us brother HH  https://t.co/e9ioUpVzDJ" / Twitter

• Haha 1