Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Spring Forward Edited: Senate Just Passed Bill (Unanimous Consent) to Make Permanent (3.15.22)

Ann

9 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

It hasn't ever affected me... we are only talking about One Hour.

I agree, except the one thing I appreciate is driving home from work in daylight. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, snafu said:

I agree, except the one thing I appreciate is driving home from work in daylight. 

The counter argument is that you have to drive to work in the dark

Which is fine to me.  I'd rather have the daylight at the end of the day, on my time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, devnull said:

The counter argument is that you have to drive to work in the dark

Which is fine to me.  I'd rather have the daylight at the end of the day, on my time

I've wondered what time sunrise and sunset would these days be if we'd never have done this daylight savings thing in the first place.  Especially since they started moving the start and end dates in the past several years.  Would sunrise still be around 6 or 7 AM?

ExiledInIllinois
On 3/14/2022 at 11:45 AM, snafu said:

I've wondered what time sunrise and sunset would these days be if we'd never have done this daylight savings thing in the first place.  Especially since they started moving the start and end dates in the past several years.  Would sunrise still be around 6 or 7 AM?

I don't get what you're trying to say.  It depends on your longitude to set local time.  AND where you are in the 15° time zone (longitude)... So what ever your local sunrises and sunsets were just subtract and hour and go back to standard time.

This is correct right?  I am not sure where you are located 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I don't get what you're trying to say.  It depends on your longitude to set local time.  AND where you are in the 15° time zone (longitude)... So what ever your local sunrises and sunsets were just subtract and hour and go back to standard time.

This is correct right?  I am not sure where you are located 

Ah, noon. Okay, thank you.  I got it now.

• Like 1

ExiledInIllinois
5 hours ago, snafu said:

Ah, noon. Okay, thank you.  I got it now.

Yeah... Like here just inside the Central Time Zone, winter will be dark late into morning! Almost around 9 or after.   Just as bad as sun going down @ 4... But now it will be 5.  Anyway you slice it, going to work in dark, coming home in dark during winter @ the higher latitudes. 

No... Go across back into previous time zone, which here is like 50 miles, you'll get the 55 minute shift toward evening... Same you shoot the 15° west towards the next time zone.

Kinda figures a guy from Florida would push the idea?

I can go either way.  But it will be darker here, almost and hour on a winter morning.

ExiledInIllinois

On a funny note..  HowTF do those Flat-Earther Cranker Wankers explain the time zones and Longitude?

😆 🤣 

For me, keeping summer hours would be ideal.  I'd rather drive to work in the dark and have the extra time at the end of my day.

However I do see the point of people on the western side of a time zone complaining that the sun wouldn't come up until  like 9am in the winter

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 hours ago, devnull said:

For me, keeping summer hours would be ideal.  I'd rather drive to work in the dark and have the extra time at the end of my day.

However I do see the point of people on the western side of a time zone complaining that the sun wouldn't come up until  like 9am in the winter

I hate waking up when it's dark out.  I'd much rather have it get dark earlier.  

• Like 1

ExiledInIllinois
On 3/17/2022 at 6:31 PM, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I hate waking up when it's dark out.  I'd much rather have it get dark earlier.  

+1

I was just reading how the idea of DST was kind of erroneously attributed to Ben Franklin.  He was in France and noticed that the French didn't get up till after sunrise and he made wisecracks about adjusting the clocks...

I guess the French have something going for them! I wouldn't mind getting up at 1000 in the winter. 😆 

Then there's this guy from the classic: @ 0:30-0:55

"...I usually get up when the sun is warm like 1:30-2 o'clock in the afternoon..."

"...I like to get up around 6:30."

"That's insane [chuckling], you're stupid, you should sleep late, it's much easier on your constitution..."

😆 

ExiledInIllinois

"We're gonna go to the Magic Kingdom."

"Ahh...No man, it's too early for me, I gotta drive. "

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

On 3/19/2022 at 1:52 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

+1

I was just reading how the idea of DST was kind of erroneously attributed to Ben Franklin.  He was in France and noticed that the French didn't get up till after sunrise and he made wisecracks about adjusting the clocks...

I guess the French have something going for them! I wouldn't mind getting up at 1000 in the winter. 😆 

Then there's this guy from the classic: @ 0:30-0:55

"...I usually get up when the sun is warm like 1:30-2 o'clock in the afternoon..."

"...I like to get up around 6:30."

"That's insane [chuckling], you're stupid, you should sleep late, it's much easier on your constitution..."

😆

Dana Carvey and Bill Murray. :classic_laugh: