Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Live NFL Draft April 29-May 1 in Cleveland

Ann

I NEVER saw any appeal in attending the draft while it was in NYC. An occasional trip to NYC is cool, but the draft? No way! Mostly a bunch of boo birds in Jets jerseys with a few Giants and some others mixed in. 

When they started moving it around, everything changed for me. I regret missing the draft in Nashville, that was AWESOME! Cleveland will do their best in this limited year, and Vegas should be INSANE the next year. The NFL has a knack for drawing attention and making money! 

Buffalo will never get a Super Bowl, but we could throw one helluva draft!!! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Augie said:

I NEVER saw any appeal in attending the draft while it was in NYC. An occasional trip to NYC is cool, but the draft? No way! Mostly a bunch of boo birds in Jets jerseys with a few Giants and some others mixed in. 

When they started moving it around, everything changed for me. I regret missing the draft in Nashville, that was AWESOME! Cleveland will do their best in this limited year, and Vegas should be INSANE the next year. The NFL has a knack for drawing attention and making money! 

Buffalo will never get a Super Bowl, but we could throw one helluva draft!!! 

The idea of sitting in Radio City (do they even serve alcohol there?) for 3 hours just to spend ten seconds cheering the Bills first pick (or more accurately for most of the century, looking around at other people and asking "Who?") never appealed to me.

Now a big outdoor party venue in nice weather is a totally different story.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

The idea of sitting in Radio City (do they even serve alcohol there?) for 3 hours just to spend ten seconds cheering the Bills first pick (or more accurately for most of the century, looking around at other people and asking "Who?") never appealed to me.

Now a big outdoor party venue in nice weather is a totally different story.

Some folks are all over the draft and really know their stuff. I’m not that guy. There will be first round picks I have never heard of. I’m more adept at walking around a cool venue in good weather, watching the people, finding food and drink and mixing in some NFL football. THAT sounds like a perfect day! I was upset I passed when I saw how cool Nashville was knowing it was only four hours away. 

The draft is a LOT of waiting to get to “our guy”.  One thing far worse was our boys at the state weightlifting championship in Florida. Each guy gets three lifts in both the bench and clean and jerk. Each lift take....seconds. It takes a weekend trip to the venue to see maybe 20-30 seconds of “action”. I’m hoping that gets me heaven points. The draft may be slow, but it’s a page turner compared to THAT! 

On 3/30/2021 at 1:44 PM, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Wait...

Why the ban on eating and drinking in the draft room?

That makes zero sense.

Well, you know it's rude to eat in front of other people don't you? :stirthepot:

• Haha 1

On 4/14/2021 at 10:04 AM, B-Man said:

more perfect surgeries and recoveries

just amazing the success rate forecast before any live contact 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1