Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Live NFL Draft April 29-May 1 in Cleveland

Ann

CarpetCrawler
1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Nah. Don’t believe that. 

I really don't, but once it popped in my head I'm having a difficult time pushing it back out. The build, the youth, having only one year's worth of numbers.

Round one of the NFL Draft was a ratings hit, if no match for last year’s all-time record.

The opening round of the NFL Draft averaged 12.52 million viewers across ESPN, ABC and NFL Network Thursday night, the second-largest audience in the history of the event. Viewership declined 18% from last year’s all-time record of 15.26 million, set during a period in which all other competing sporting events were on hiatus.

</snip>

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ann said:

Aren't these rookie deals pretty cut and dry except for the amount of the contract that is guaranteed? Anyhoooo now the signings begin.

jets.JPG.801356039329356a9695b38cd2000d00.JPG

Yeah, the rookie slotting thing was one of the better changes the league made. The top end contracts were getting out of whack for players who had never even attended an NFL practice. Especially with the salary cap hits severely impacting the veterans who were actually contributing.

• FANtastic 1