Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2021 Travel Plans!?

Ann

Are you making travel plans this year? The RV market is still red-hot, and articles have come out that hotel rooms are expected to be booked as there is a travel backlog.

Are you planning on traveling this year? If so, how? What states? For how long!?

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

If you've never taken a train before, I highly recommend it. You get to see the countryside in a relaxing fashion.

Love Amtrak.

When we were looking today, I said to my husband, "I really miss my father." He had the North America train travel schedules memorized (not kidding). 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Ann said:

Love Amtrak.

When we were looking today, I said to my husband, "I really miss my father." He had the North America train travel schedules memorized (not kidding). 

I'm sure you know but, about the only disadvantage would be the drinks car. You might go broke on wine expenditures.

I carried so much booze in carry-on luggage on the last cross country trip, it was almost comical.

• Haha 3

NYS relaxed the travel restrictions (a bit) three days ago.

I’m heading to FLA the week after Easter.  I was planning to do the testing routine when I returned, but since I’ve had Covid in the past three months I don’t need to go through that. 

https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2021/03/update-interim-travel-advisory-march-10-2021_0.pdf

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ann said:

Are you making travel plans this year? The RV market is still red-hot, and articles have come out that hotel rooms are expected to be booked as there is a travel backlog.

I put our Starcraft AR-ONE on Craigslist last Wed.

I could not believe the response.

Over 40 people.

Soled it last Friday for the asking price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

NYS relaxed the travel restrictions (a bit) three days ago.

I’m heading to FLA the week after Easter.  I was planning to do the testing routine when I returned, but since I’ve had Covid in the past three months I don’t need to go through that. 

https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2021/03/update-interim-travel-advisory-march-10-2021_0.pdf

Of course, the missus has corrected me.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-announces-quarantine-domestic-travel-will-no-longer-be-required-starting-april

Even better!!!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Seasons1992

I'm going to Buffalo ASAP. Hosting trivia at the wine bar (Just Vino) downtown.

I'm also taking the kids out to Rocky Mountain National Park in late June.

• Like 1

Yeppers.....will be heading to Cape Cod in late July, then driving down to the Outer Banks for a week in mid-August.   Closer to home will spend a couple weeks on Lake Tahoe in early July.

Looking forward to some proper east coast beach time!

• Like 1

CarpetCrawler
6 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Yeppers.....will be heading to Cape Cod in late July, then driving down to the Outer Banks for a week in mid-August.   Closer to home will spend a couple weeks on Lake Tahoe in early July.

Looking forward to some proper east coast beach time!

If you enjoy clam chowder and fried scallops try Captain Parker's Pub in W. Yarmouth. 

The Red Cottage Restaurant in So. Dennis is good for breakfast. Go early and expect to wait an hour for a table, but at the end you'll agree it was worth it. Grumpy's in E. Dennis is great too.

We have had great fun combining travel with cooking classes.

You get paired up with a few other couples and you do about three or four days of cooking classes using local cuisines. 

We have done that in Italy and Spain and are planning on a trip to Greece this fall, if things open up.

The fun is the other couples and the locations you cook in. Really neat, off the tourist route places, and you get to be good friends with the others. Cooking and meals do that.

Plenty of time to do the usual tourist stuff, but usually you do the cooking thing from three to five pm or so, then eat the meal you cook, and on you own by seven .

My career involved travelling all the time, so there's got to be something else going on other than touring churches and museums to get my interest. 

Edited by Sherpa
  • Like 4
  • FANtastic 1

A trip up to Maine is on the list.

trip to Virginia. 
probably trip to Vermont (daughter’s new camp?). 

definitely a trip out to Six Mile Creek winery. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2021 at 9:32 PM, CarpetCrawler said:

If you enjoy clam chowder and fried scallops try Captain Parker's Pub in W. Yarmouth. 

The Red Cottage Restaurant in So. Dennis is good for breakfast. Go early and expect to wait an hour for a table, but at the end you'll agree it was worth it. Grumpy's in E. Dennis is great too.

Our place is near the rotary so generally hit places in Orleans or further out, though my favorite chowda' is at the Hot Stove in Harwichport.  

• Like 1

CarpetCrawler
11 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Our place is near the rotary so generally hit places in Orleans or further out, though my favorite chowda' is at the Hot Stove in Harwichport.  

Love Skaket Beach. We're planning a long weekend in August, I'll definitely be checking out Hot Stove, thanks

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Love Skaket Beach. We're planning a long weekend in August, I'll definitely be checking out Hot Stove, thanks

My wife’s place is directly on Skaket....it’s one of the little places you see just to the left if looking at the water.  I’ll be there late July till about Aug 4.  Can’t wait, just booked our flights.

• Cheers 1

Just make sure you look real close at the equipment when booking those flights! Damn, I don’t like to fly as it is, no way I getting on one of these suckers

• Wow 1

• 4 weeks later...