Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2021 Travel Plans!?

Ann

5 minutes ago, Ann said:

We drove by Nissan stadium today. 

No point, just a statement of fact. :bounce:

The pedestrian bridge from the stadium straight into downtown has to be one of the coolest features in NFL game attendance. The party just shuffles from the lot, to the stadium to the honky tonks downtown, then over to the Gulch where it’s a little less country and crowded. 

• Like 2

You can easily walk from Vandy to Belmont (beautiful and right next door) to Lipscomb where our son graduated from. Love the area, but wouldn’t move there. Some places are just for nice visits. 

Wife and I were looking at a week in the ADK for late August, then realized that was State Fair week, and they are having a lot of free concerts we want to see. So instead we will stay home and do day trips instead.  

We did rebook our 2020 RCL cruise that was cancelled, heading out to the Eastern Caribbean (St Thomas, St Johns, CocoCay) in Feb 2022.  

• Like 2

On 5/23/2021 at 8:22 PM, GG1 said:

We're thinking of putting the boy in IMG lacrosse camp this summer, and as part of that we're seeing the sights along the East coast

Goal is to drive through to Wilmington NC, and then meander down to Bradenton FL.  We'll drop him off there and head to Pompano to see the Mrs family.  

Figure 2-3 weeks should do it. 

Any suggestions are welcome.  

Visit the Battleship NC in Wilmington. By comparison, visit the Wisconsin later. Same class ship and same era just the Wisconsin was updated for the Gulf.

Wilmington under amused me.  Check out the schedule for the amphitheater while there. It's along the river and beautifully set up. Saw Willie Nelson there years ago 

On 5/24/2021 at 9:39 PM, Augie said:

The wife has a birthday ending in a zero coming up. She wanted a month in the NC mountains which I thought was a bit long, but we booked a house for 3 weeks that takes dogs in Boone, NC not far from Blowing Rock (our preference). 

We are scheduling family and friends to come join us over the 3 week period. She said she will work the first week, then take the next 2 weeks off. I’m skeptical, but used to it. 

The long term prayer is a place back in Sarasota and a cooler retreat in the mountains. She has VERY close friends nearby and it would be a great way to retire. Plans are just plans, because I’m pretty sure long term we will be at least part time where the son and family end up. All about the family!

Oh, and Bills opener following wedding in Chicago the same week. 

Wish I'd have known and had the chance to buy a former mtn house my brothers ex wife's family owned. It's north of Boone, though. It was the perfect mountain house. 

21 hours ago, Boyst said:

Visit the Battleship NC in Wilmington. By comparison, visit the Wisconsin later. Same class ship and same era just the Wisconsin was updated for the Gulf.

Wilmington under amused me.  Check out the schedule for the amphitheater while there. It's along the river and beautifully set up. Saw Willie Nelson there years ago 

always wanted to do the beach to battleship 1/2 Iron there in Wilmington...never worked out date wise. Always garnered high praise for the city and the race course.

Was fixin to start training again...hmm October...could i start from fat blob to being able to finish in 4 months?

Edited by plenzmd1

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

always wanted to do the beach to battleship 1/2 Iron there in Wilmington...never worked out date wise. Always garnered high praise for the city and the race course.

Was fixin to start training again...hmm October...could i start from fat blob to being able to finish in 4 months?

If you sign up Jennifer and I will do it with you.

• Like 1

Flight attendants don't make a significant contribution to operational success.

Pilots do, and while the initial group will probably be OK, as they get aboard as a pure seniority thing, the contract is abysmal and will not compete with others, thus getting the least desirable.

This Neeleman guy is known to be a bit of a nut.

His strategy is the same. Get airplanes that are being given away during bad times, Embraer here,  as he did with Airbus in the jetblue kickoff.

Get employees who cannot get hired by others and do what he does best, which is not offer the best value; simply offer the cheapest price because he gets really cheap airplanes, really cheap employees, and refuse to pay reasonable training costs.

It isn't magic, and he isn't impressive. 

5 hours ago, Sherpa said:

Flight attendants don't make a significant contribution to operational success.

Pilots do, and while the initial group will probably be OK, as they get aboard as a pure seniority thing, the contract is abysmal and will not compete with others, thus getting the least desirable.

This Neeleman guy is known to be a bit of a nut.

His strategy is the same. Get airplanes that are being given away during bad times, Embraer here,  as he did with Airbus in the jetblue kickoff.

Get employees who cannot get hired by others and do what he does best, which is not offer the best value; simply offer the cheapest price because he gets really cheap airplanes, really cheap employees, and refuse to pay reasonable training costs.

It isn't magic, and he isn't impressive. 

If he can get me a direct from Richmond to Buffalo, that’s all the impressive I need. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

If he can get me a direct from Richmond to Buffalo, that’s all the impressive I need. 

Yep, I’m not an institutional investor or an industry analyst. I just do some traveling and look for best blend of the easiest and cheapest path to get from Point A to Point B. 

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Colgan 3407, as part of the Continental structure, was intended to get them from Newark to Buffalo.

Didn't work out so well, and predictable.

• Sad 1

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.  Plans are changing a bit, we won't have time to wind down the coast.  Wife's family is heading back earlier than we thought, so our plans evolved.

Now the stay will be in FLA - Pompano, Canaveral, Orlando, FT Myers/Captiva (Maybe), Key West

1 hour ago, GG1 said:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.  Plans are changing a bit, we won't have time to wind down the coast.  Wife's family is heading back earlier than we thought, so our plans evolved.

Now the stay will be in FLA - Pompano, Canaveral, Orlando, FT Myers/Captiva (Maybe), Key West

Naples is an excellent location, and they run ferries down to key west. 

I had an excellent Myrtle Beach location (Island Vista — NOT inexpensive but the location is the best IMO) but if you’re not going through there I guess it is moot.  

Edited by snafu

5 hours ago, snafu said:

Naples is an excellent location, and they run ferries down to key west. 

I had an excellent Myrtle Beach location (Island Vista — NOT inexpensive but the location is the best IMO) but if you’re not going through there I guess it is moot.  

Thanks.  Yes, we are thinking of taking the ferry to Key West and stay for a day or two.

Myrtle Beach would have been fun, would try to look up old Detoxsmurf who's on the force down there.  Oh well, next time.

The last few weeks in our search for somewhere to move we have hit (the metro areas):

Columbus, OH
Louisville, KY
Lexington, KY
Metro-Nashville, TN (hubby's idea)
Murfreesboro, TN
Chattanooga, TN, 
Knoxville, TN

We have round 2 coming up in South Carolina and Florida soon. 

Just Joshin
5 hours ago, Ann said:

The last few weeks in our search for somewhere to move we have hit (the metro areas):

Columbus, OH
Louisville, KY
Lexington, KY
Metro-Nashville, TN (hubby's idea)
Murfreesboro, TN
Chattanooga, TN, 
Knoxville, TN

We have round 2 coming up in South Carolina and Florida soon. 

How did you like Lexington?  I have relatives there and I think I would be outside the city.  In the last 20 years it has grown alot and it has had growing pains.