Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2021 Travel Plans!?

Ann

1 hour ago, Just Joshin said:

How did you like Lexington?  I have relatives there and I think I would be outside the city.  In the last 20 years it has grown alot and it has had growing pains.

We didn't care for it. It was beautiful outside the city with all the horse farms, but it simply didn't resonate with us.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2021 at 6:27 PM, plenzmd1 said:

always wanted to do the beach to battleship 1/2 Iron there in Wilmington...never worked out date wise. Always garnered high praise for the city and the race course.

Was fixin to start training again...hmm October...could i start from fat blob to being able to finish in 4 months?

Need some advice on the north of Richmond area.  On the way back, we're stopping by Charlotte to see a friend, and I don't want to drive 10 hrs to get home.  A good layover is between Richmond & DC.  Anything worthy of a few hour stop after waking up in a hotel?

1 hour ago, GG1 said:

Need some advice on the north of Richmond area.  On the way back, we're stopping by Charlotte to see a friend, and I don't want to drive 10 hrs to get home.  A good layover is between Richmond & DC.  Anything worthy of a few hour stop after waking up in a hotel?

Not quite sure I follow. But  are looking for things to do between Richmond and DC? 

My first thought is the Marine Corp Museum in Quantico. 90 minutes to Richmond from there ,and much closer to DC , but awesome museum. Right on 95, should be plenty of hotels in the area. Need to be on 95 by 2 or you will get slammed again as I understand it. 

Closer to Richmond is Fredericksburg, nice little old downtown, but hardly something to do for more than lunch. 

Not sure I can recommend a whole lot outside of that. 

if you are a Civil War buff, they have a self guided car tour of the Wilderness Battlefield. I have never done, but always say I am going to get to it at some point. 

https://www.battlefields.org/visit/battlefields/wilderness-battlefield

Certainly tons of things to do in Richmond. 

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Not quite sure I follow. But  are looking for things to do between Richmond and DC? 

My first thought is the Marine Corp Museum in Quantico. 90 minutes to Richmond from there ,and much closer to DC , but awesome museum. Right on 95, should be plenty of hotels in the area. Need to be on 95 by 2 or you will get slammed again as I understand it. 

Closer to Richmond is Fredericksburg, nice little old downtown, but hardly something to do for more than lunch. 

Not sure I can recommend a whole lot outside of that. 

if you are a Civil War buff, they have a self guided car tour of the Wilderness Battlefield. I have never done, but always say I am going to get to it at some point. 

https://www.battlefields.org/visit/battlefields/wilderness-battlefield

Certainly tons of things to do in Richmond. 

Thanks.  I'm trying to cut the 10 hr drive in half, and it falls squarely between Richmond & DC.  We may just overnight it and head out first thing in the AM anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

We are still on hurricane watch, but as of right now we plan on heading out next week to South Carolina and Florida. In July and August. :crazy:  

• 3 weeks later...