Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

RIP “Marvelous” Marvin Hagler

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Round one

For my money that’s the best round in boxing history.

• Like 2

Hague was one of my favorite boxers.  He was fantastic..

I was thinking about that Hagler/Hearns fight.  It was pretty much over after the first round because Hearns broke his hand in the first.

Edited by snafu
  • Cheers 1

Alaska Darin

Hagler was an absolute titan.  Just destroyed people.  His last fight before Leonard was against John "The Beast" Mugabi.  If you're a fight fan and haven't seen it, you should.

One of the best fights I saw in my life was the first fight between Hagler and Vito Antuofermo.  It ended in a draw but it was an absolute war.  Hagler destroyed him in the rematch.

He wasn't the greatest middleweight of all time (Sugar Ray Robinson) but you could certainly make a compelling case for him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Hagler was an absolute titan.  Just destroyed people.  His last fight before Leonard was against John "The Beast" Mugabi.  If you're a fight fan and haven't seen it, you should.

One of the best fights I saw in my life was the first fight between Hagler and Vito Antuofermo.  It ended in a draw but it was an absolute war.  Hagler destroyed him in the rematch.

He wasn't the greatest middleweight of all time (Sugar Ray Robinson) but you could certainly make a compelling case for him.

I loved Antuofermo.

He always looked like he was getting destroyed, but it was because his forehead was like tissue paper.  He'd be a disgusting, bloody mess by the third round and keep going.  I remember watching both Hagler/Antuofermo fights -- probably on ABC on a late Saturday afternoon.

Marvin Hagler vs Vito Antuofermo, 1981 WBC/WBA Middleweight Title : News Photo

Edited by snafu
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
3 minutes ago, snafu said:

I loved Antuofermo.

He always looked like he was getting destroyed, but it was because his forehead was like tissue paper.  He'd be a disgusting, bloody mess by the third round and keep going.  I remember watching both Hagler/Antuofermo fights -- probably on ABC on a late Saturday afternoon.

Vito was a warrior.  Didn't have much talent but had crazy stamina and the heart of a lion.  He beat people with durability and pace.

On 3/15/2021 at 10:34 AM, Alaska Darin said:

He was an what a great era for boxing during his time along with Hearns, Leonard, Duran and some others. 

MBGA.