Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Buffalo Bills Free Agent Signings

Hedge

4 minutes ago, Ann said:

I think this is an upgrade to the back-up QB position. I am shocked he was willing to sign with the Bills and not seek a starting job.

Agreed, but here's the thing: I still don't have the confidence that if Josh goes down for an extended period that Mitch can keep us moving. I have more confidence than I did with Barkley, but that's not much of a stretch. I love Barkley, but he'd be better as a coach in the QB room.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Agreed, but here's the thing: I still don't have the confidence that if Josh goes down for an extended period that Mitch can keep us moving. I have more confidence than I did with Barkley, but that's not much of a stretch. I love Barkley, but he'd be better as a coach in the QB room.

Agreed.

agree.JPG

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I still don't understand why they'd bother with trubisky but hey

6 minutes ago, Ann said:

Taiwan Jones was also resigned Beane just said on the presser call.

Beane said they don't expect Mitch to be here long, they see it as a reset and they hope he gets a nice contract in a year.

As explicit as it can be for the morons (yes, they are out there) that think he could compete for Josh’s job. 

9 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

No current team is making a deep playoff run with their backup, but I think what this does is increase the odds of the Bills holding the fort (and still making the playoffs) if Josh goes down for a month.

• Like 2

Deranged Rhino
7 minutes ago, Joe said:

I still don't understand why they'd bother with trubisky but hey

One year rental who's an upgrade to the other backups -- plus, if he shows well in the pre-season, or (god forbid) gets any run in the regular season, he becomes a trade chip. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

One year rental who's an upgrade to the other backups -- plus, if he shows well in the pre-season, or (god forbid) gets any run in the regular season, he becomes a trade chip. 

This.

Beane plainly stated that returner is not on the current roster (sorry Wade fans) - will look to add.

Also clearly sounded like there will be another push to aid the pass rush.

• Like 1

Just now, Ann said:

There was never a formal offer in on Gronk.

Yup.  Realistically looks like it was Gronk using Bills as stalking horse to get max deal from Bucs.

• Like 1