Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2021 Tax Filing Deadline Looks Like it Will Be Delayed Until May 15th

Hedge

Whether you get back money that was stolen from you, or you get the privilege to get shaken down for even more, it looks like you may have an extra month for the paperwork.

• Cheers 2

I have not filed my taxes on April 15th for over 15 years.  April 15th? May 15th? 🤷‍♀️  October 15th is my deadline.

• Doh! 1

Extensions, @B-Man, extensions.  Without getting into much, hubby's company is slow and the accounts have heart failure even thinking about getting it in on time, so we file extensions. Still gotta give a check by April 15th (guesstimate) but the paperwork is due up to six months later. 

• Like 2

Filing our taxes is about the only thing that the B-Wife and I do correctly when it comes to "finance"

Done in January, (small) refunds already put away

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Keukasmallie

To those who posted above:  Don't be concerned about not having your income tax filed, etc.  I've got your back.  

At least to the extent that the IRS has yet to send my refund to me!  I filed in early March and have yet to receive my refund.  I check the IRS app weekly only to receive the same  message. "Your return is being processed.  We'll send you a notice when it will be returned to you."  Three months since I filed!  Are there that many stimulus checks to be given out?  Could they squeeze me in; I know it must be rare to have to deal with someone who actually pays taxes, but c'mon fellas, dip into the coffee fund and send me my refund.

On 5/30/2021 at 5:59 PM, Keukasmallie said:

To those who posted above:  Don't be concerned about not having your income tax filed, etc.  I've got your back.  

At least to the extent that the IRS has yet to send my refund to me!  I filed in early March and have yet to receive my refund.  I check the IRS app weekly only to receive the same  message. "Your return is being processed.  We'll send you a notice when it will be returned to you."  Three months since I filed!  Are there that many stimulus checks to be given out?  Could they squeeze me in; I know it must be rare to have to deal with someone who actually pays taxes, but c'mon fellas, dip into the coffee fund and send me my refund.

Did you efile?

I usually owe the Feds....but it still took them about a week to take my money this year after filing.

Keukasmallie
3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Did you efile?

I usually owe the Feds....but it still took them about a week to take my money this year after filing.

Yes, I did efile.  Supposedly the path to quick review and refund approval.  Gee, did the IRS hustle me....

• 2 weeks later...
Keukasmallie

Still waitin' for my refund...did I mention since early March?  I wonder, if I was a member of a community of color if I'd have my refund?  Will darker colors receive attention before the beige folks?  I bet if that "activist" that founded BLM looked into my refund I'd have it by now, eh?

In summary:  Where is my %$#@in' refund?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Keukasmallie said:

Still waitin' for my refund...did I mention since early March?  I wonder, if I was a member of a community of color if I'd have my refund?  Will darker colors receive attention before the beige folks?  I bet if that "activist" that founded BLM looked into my refund I'd have it by now, eh?

Whenever it arrives, you will receive interest on the amount of the refund that was held beyond whatever the normal processing time is.

6 hours ago, Keukasmallie said:

Don't worry, you can afford to pay just a little more.

Keukasmallie
3 hours ago, Foxx said:

Whenever it arrives, you will receive interest on the amount of the refund that was held beyond whatever it the normal processing time is.

Well, in that case I'll shift gears and look at it as an investment; sorta' like portfolio growth.  Or maybe just see it as my bit to support new slippers and a wrap-around "sport coat" with long sleeves that tie in the back for the former vice president.

Gee-sus, I hate these bastards!

• Like 1