Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Coaches and Front Office

Hedge

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Bart.png

He may have been over-matched as a HC, but he was a very good DC in Cincy under Lewis before that. Not to mention, Viking D's weren't too shabby either.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 8:13 AM, Alaska Darin said:

Sean McDermott would be our DC for about 10 seconds before another franchise gave him a huge deal to be their HC.

What planet do you live on?

Good, let them.  I don't argue that someone will be dumb enough to give him a big contract, just like the Bears were dumb enough to give Edmunds 18M/yr.  

McD is the modern day Marty Schottenheimer.  If you think McD is going to win a SB, you're delusional.  Though sadly, this is where too many Bills fans are.

On 3/17/2023 at 8:38 AM, Spartacus said:

ATOP

From what I have seen, many of them are still on board with McD, just like many still are here. 

8 minutes ago, Core Four said:

You're an insightful one.  Go play with your Leggo set.

Its Lego. That is my insight for the evening! Take that and learn with it.

Nouseforaname
1 hour ago, Core Four said:

From what I have seen, many of them are still on board with McD, just like many still are here. 

You’re an idiot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Josh would be more willing to stay in the pocket, if there was a pocket - and not a jailbreak on every play.

as noted, the serious injuries Josh has sustained to his elbow have come by him staying in the pocket and getting lit up like a christmas tree

maybe McD needs to stop whining to the media and instead have Beane prioritize building a quality OL and his OL coach strategize ways to keep Josh clean.

after defenses adjusted to the widest line splits in the league, free pressure up the gut has left Josh more exposed to serious injury than him running and sliding .

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
On 3/18/2023 at 9:44 PM, Core Four said:

Good, let them.  I don't argue that someone will be dumb enough to give him a big contract, just like the Bears were dumb enough to give Edmunds 18M/yr.  

McD is the modern day Marty Schottenheimer.  If you think McD is going to win a SB, you're delusional.  Though sadly, this is where too many Bills fans are.

On 3/18/2023 at 9:44 PM, Core Four said:

You're an insightful one.  Go play with your Leggo set.

On 3/18/2023 at 9:47 PM, Core Four said:

Serious question: how old are you?

SquirminThurman

For those who may have missed it, a guy named Al Holcomb was brought in as Senior Defensive Assistant in early February.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-hire-al-holcomb-carolina-panthers-sean-mcdermott-josh-allen

Holcomb served as the interim defensive coordinator for the Carolina Panthers after the coaching staff was turned over. He may or may not have the 'DC' title or be calling all of the plays, we don't know that yet, but he clearly was brought in to help shoulder the load on the defensive side of the ball. That was done a week or so before the Frazier announcement.

I'm not sure anyone has come out and actually clarified Frazier's situation with Buffalo or why he is not here this season. I would guess they are not naming a new 'DC' out of the hope Frazier will return in 2024. If he does retire/ separate/ mutual parting of ways then a DC will be announced.

That's my POV.

Edited by SquirminThurman
edited for clarity
  • Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, SquirminThurman said:

For those who may have missed it, a guy named Al Holcomb was brought in as Senior Defensive Assistant in early February.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-hire-al-holcomb-carolina-panthers-sean-mcdermott-josh-allen

Holcomb served as the interim defensive coordinator for the Carolina Panthers after the coaching staff was turned over. He may or may not have the 'DC' title or be calling all of the plays, we don't know that yet, but he clearly was brought in to help shoulder the load on the defensive side of the ball. That was done a week or so before the Frazier announcement.

I'm not sure anyone has come out and actually clarified Frazier's situation with Buffalo or why he is not here this season. I would guess they are not naming a new 'DC' out of the hope Frazier will return in 2024. If he does retire/ separate/ mutual parting of ways then a DC will be announced.

That's my POV.

He's one of four "defensive assistants" or "defensive quality control" coaches brought in to help Fraizer. 

I feel as though Fraizer left because the Bills front office committed to hiring as many coaches as possible to take responsibilities away from him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

He's one of four "defensive assistants" or "defensive quality control" coaches brought in to help Fraizer. 

I feel as though Fraizer left because the Bills front office committed to hiring as many coaches as possible to take responsibilities away from him.

more likely they told him he would have to change the defense, because they weren't keeping Edmunds