Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

New NFL TV Contracts Are In: $10 Billion Per Year

Ann

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is going to be interesting to watch and see unfold.

Ongoing Sunday Ticket antitrust litigation could reveal plenty of NFL secrets

... Second, further disclosures could show that the talks with Apple failed because Apple wanted to make the package significantly cheaper for consumers. The plaintiffs in the Sunday Ticket antitrust litigation essentially are arguing that the league has withheld documents that would show Apple wasn’t selected due to its plan to offer the package for less than consumers have been paying.

It has been suggested that Sunday Ticket can’t be offered at a significantly lower price, due to the NFL’s contracts with CBS and Fox. Beyond the price of the full package, Apple might have wanted to allow consumers to buy Sunday Ticket for all games of only one team, or one week or game at a time. ...

... Regardless of the outcome of the pending case, a potential P.R. disaster is looming for the league, if/when fans realize the lengths to which the “football is family” crowd has gone to make it unreasonably more expensive for families across the country to watch only the out-of-market games they want to see.

If, for example, the NFL could have gotten the same money from Apple for Sunday Ticket and consumers could have gotten the games for less, that’s about as bad of a look as the NFL could have to some of its most rabid and loyal customers.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
CarpetCrawler
23 minutes ago, Ann said:

Oh boy. How far away is Amazon exclusive? Google exclusive? 

oh.jpg.194494f579ec91d8b70b37cf6e1e07b0.jpg

Thank goodness I know a guy who knows a guy   ; )

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 hours ago, Ann said:

Oh boy. How far away is Amazon exclusive? Google exclusive? 

oh.jpg.194494f579ec91d8b70b37cf6e1e07b0.jpg

2022 wildcard games averaged 15 million viewers.

Peacock has 21 million subscribers.

tony-stark-not-a-great-plan.gif

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2023 at 7:59 PM, Ann said:

NFL Sunday ticket

Get Started

FAQ

Forgot to order it this weekend.  It's still $50 off until 9/19, so will order it at the end of August.  But forgetting about it this weekend cost an additional $50.  

• Sad 1

On 6/7/2023 at 3:35 PM, Taro T said:

Forgot to order it this weekend.  It's still $50 off until 9/19, so will order it at the end of August.  But forgetting about it this weekend cost an additional $50.  

Same here.  Procrastination tax strikes again.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've never watched the Hanson version of RedZone, but I thought Andrew Siciliano always did a great job and am sorry to see it's now gone (I was hoping it would follow to the YouTube offering...maybe it still will?). 

• Cheers 2

I just got a $50 off offer on youtube for Sunday Ticket. Offer expires 9.19. Not selling well? They jacked the price and then lowered it? 

sunday.thumb.jpg.7774b3866216533edbfd5e14745a4c51.jpg

$399 for Sunday ticket (instead of $449)
Sunday out-of-market afternoon games
Watch directly on YouTube. No additional plans required.
Watch directly on YouTube with your TV, phone, tablet, or on the web
Add NFL RedZone and watch all Sunday touchdowns for an additional fee

If you have youtube TV, the offer is $299 (instead of $349)
Requires YouTube TV Base Plan ($72.99/mo)
Get the YouTube TV app to watch on your TV, phone, or tablet
100+ channels of live sports, news, and more

YouTube Paid Service Terms of Service

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ann said:

I just got a $50 off offer on youtube for Sunday Ticket. Offer expires 9.19. Not selling well? They jacked the price and then lowered it? 

sunday.thumb.jpg.7774b3866216533edbfd5e14745a4c51.jpg

$399 for Sunday ticket (instead of $449)
Sunday out-of-market afternoon games
Watch directly on YouTube. No additional plans required.
Watch directly on YouTube with your TV, phone, tablet, or on the web

If you have youtube TV, the offer is $299 (instead of $349)
Requires YouTube TV Base Plan ($72.99/mo)
Get the YouTube TV app to watch on your TV, phone, or tablet
100+ channels of live sports, news, and more

YouTube Paid Service Terms of Service

That $50 off deal has been in place ever since the $100 off deal expired at the beginning of June.  Wouldn't read into that that the Ticket isn't selling.  (That they're advertising the discount might indicate that.)

We missed the original deadline and will sign up for it in August while the $50 discount is still available.

Still don't understand why they're allowing the discount INTO the season.

• Cheers 2

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Ann said:

A deal?

The "deal" would seem to be an extra $50 off Youtube TV.  As they're giving $50 off either the Sunday Ticket Youtube Subscriber or Sunday Ticket Non-Youtube Subscriber ST package until sometime in September.

• 4 weeks later...

We still haven't pulled the trigger on Sunday ticket. It is kind of painful when looking at national games.  I guess a lot of procrastinators (like us!) will be signing up this week. 

• Like 1

YouTube TV has announced their student plan for NFL Sunday Ticket: It's $109 for the full season and you can bundle it with NFL RedZone for $10 more.

Requirements to sign up:
- 18+ years old
- Be enrolled as a student at an accredited college or university.
- Be verified as a student by SheerID.

YouTube also announced that they will offer the option for individuals who have already purchased NFL Sunday Ticket to switch to the student plan by contacting support.

Crap Throwing Clavin
15 minutes ago, Ann said:

YouTube TV has announced their student plan for NFL Sunday Ticket: It's $109 for the full season and you can bundle it with NFL RedZone for $10 more.

Requirements to sign up:
- 18+ years old
- Be enrolled as a student at an accredited college or university.
- Be verified as a student by SheerID.

YouTube also announced that they will offer the option for individuals who have already purchased NFL Sunday Ticket to switch to the student plan by contacting support.

How do I start a school?

Seriously.  Imagine the money we'd all save if I could start BillsFans Polytechnic.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1

If you have Verizon, look in your email for a link to $100 off for the NFL game pass.

Follow the link, purchase and then it will take you to YouTube where you have to sign in with your google account. We made up a new google/YouTube account because you have to give permission to Verizon to access your google account.

It was $350 + tax

• Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 7:41 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

How do I start a school?

Seriously.  Imagine the money we'd all save if I could start BillsFans Polytechnic.

Save?

He'll, imagine all the free Federal money

YouTube Sunday Ticket is a joke. 

DTV Max was $350 

I could get the limited package for $240. 
($15 per week) 

I even got it FREE a couple of times in 20 years. 

Google also gets invited to the Class Action Suit for having a monopoly 

A class action lawsuit is pending in the United States District Court for the Central District of California that alleges that the NFL and the 32 NFL teams have suppressed competition for the sale of professional football game telecasts in violation of the Sherman Act. The name of the case is In re National Football League’s “Sunday Ticket” Antitrust Litigation, Case No. 2:15-ml-02668-PSG (JEMx). 

This lawsuit involves NFL Sunday Ticket, an out-of-market sports viewing package that provides NFL regular-season games unavailable on local television affiliates. Football fans who are not NFL Sunday Ticket subscribers can view only locally available games each Sunday afternoon, but Sunday Ticket subscribers can view both locally available games and out-of-market games. Plaintiffs claim that absent the allegedly anticompetitive agreements at issue, the telecasts available on Sunday Ticket would be available through other means, which would result in more access to telecasts of NFL games at lower prices. The Court has appointed the law offices of Susman Godfrey L.L.P., Hausfeld LLP, and Langer Grogan and Diver PC as class counsel.

• Cheers 2