Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Dawson Knox

Chandemonium

Anyone else starting to wonder if this guy is going to figure it out? He was my favorite rookie last year, and I love what he does once the ball is in his hands but it seems like he’s getting less reliable at actually catching it, even with Josh’s improvements which one would think would help him. 

• Like 1

Beane continues to kick the tires on TEs, signaling that the team isn't fully sold on Knox yet either.   I wonder if there's a catching/concentration clinic for receivers in the offseason?

Sophomore slump? 

I still have hope. This last game stickum was needed for all the receivers (except Beasley) so it was very noticeable. 

I went on a hunt for Knox’s highlights this year... :surrender1:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

As said above, loved him last year (drops and all), but after Titans game, it seems he's thinking too much...it's no longer natural. Kinda like a kicker getting a case of the shanks.  He needs to settle into the position and let it happen. I counted two drops on Tuesday that appeared to be quite catchable. Hoping he steps it up on MAF (Monday Afternoon Football).

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Muncher said:

As said above, loved him last year (drops and all), but after Titans game, it seems he's thinking too much...it's no longer natural. Kinda like a kicker getting a case of the shanks.  He needs to settle into the position and let it happen. I counted two drops on Tuesday that appeared to be quite catchable. Hoping he steps it up on MAF (Monday Afternoon Football).

This made me think of Chuck Knoblauch in the late 90s when he started having problems throwing from 2nd to 1st. It became a mental thing and seemed to get worse the more he focused on it. Some of his throws were hilarious, like the one where he hit Keith Olberman's mom in the stands...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Billsfan1959 said:

This made me think of Chuck Knoblauch in the late 90s when he started having problems throwing from 2nd to 1st. It became a mental thing and seemed to get worse the more he focused on it. Some of his throws were hilarious, like the one where he hit Keith Olberman's mom in the stands...

Physically more like Bill Buckner.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

If he can't learn to catch, it won't matter that he might just have the nastiest stiff arm in the game. If Henry hadn't murdered Norman, Knox might have had another angry run winner.

• Like 1

Walter Buffalo

Thought Knox was a bit overhyped coming out of college. Not a big fan of the didn't produce but fit the mold draft theory.         

Dolphinflavoredtuna

He just needs to get out of his own head.  TE is one of if not THE hardest transitional position going from college to the pros.  It takes time to develop, no question.  But what we’re seeing from Knox is more on par with mental lapses that scream, “You’re thinking too much, kid...”.  That said, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see Beane pull the trigger on acquiring a TE and Knox finding his way to IR, unfortunately.  Dependability on a win-now team is too crucial.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LB3 said:

If he can't learn to catch, it won't matter that he might just have the nastiest stiff arm in the game. If Henry hadn't murdered Norman, Knox might have had another angry run winner.

Second nastiest stiff arm in the game, after Josh. 😎

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Billsfan1959 said:

She deserved it for spawning Keith

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
On 10/16/2020 at 10:53 AM, LB3 said:

Thoughts and prayers for the family of the late Josh Norman.

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...
TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Can anyone here confirm that Dawson Knox dropped the ball in Times Square last night?

• Haha 7

Countrycletus
On 10/16/2020 at 8:17 AM, Chandemonium said:

Anyone else starting to wonder if this guy is going to figure it out? He was my favorite rookie last year, and I love what he does once the ball is in his hands but it seems like he’s getting less reliable at actually catching it, even with Josh’s improvements which one would think would help him. 

Tight ends take a LOOONG time to develop... WRs typically take 3 years.... as long as we are seeing progress things are looking good 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Can anyone here confirm that Dawson Knox dropped the ball in Times Square last night?

That depends.....was it thrown right to his chest or over his head just within his reach?

3 hours ago, Countrycletus said:

Tight ends take a LOOONG time to develop... WRs typically take 3 years.... as long as we are seeing progress things are looking good 

I would guess that the way he has played the last few weeks @Chandemoniummay want to amend his opinion of his development......MAY?

Alaska Darin
4 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I would guess that the way he has played the last few weeks @Chandemoniummay want to amend his opinion of his development......MAY?

I think it's fair.  Knox dropped a perfect pass in the end zone on the 2nd drive last week and he regularly either completely whiffs or gets blown up when he's blocking.

He's clearly got talent and there are times when he really reminds me of Mark Bavaro but he's so inconsistent.  I don't have a problem with the BILLS continuing his development but we need quality depth at that position that can stay on the field.

25 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I think it's fair.  Knox dropped a perfect pass in the end zone on the 2nd drive last week and he regularly either completely whiffs or gets blown up when he's blocking.

He's clearly got talent and there are times when he really reminds me of Mark Bavaro but he's so inconsistent.  I don't have a problem with the BILLS continuing his development but we need quality depth at that position that can stay on the field.

Finding that is the trouble. Especially with the Cap we are expecting to see this coming season.