Jump to content

Dawson Knox


Chandemonium
 Share

Recommended Posts

Anyone else starting to wonder if this guy is going to figure it out? He was my favorite rookie last year, and I love what he does once the ball is in his hands but it seems like he’s getting less reliable at actually catching it, even with Josh’s improvements which one would think would help him. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beane continues to kick the tires on TEs, signaling that the team isn't fully sold on Knox yet either.   I wonder if there's a catching/concentration clinic for receivers in the offseason?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sophomore slump? 
 

I still have hope. This last game stickum was needed for all the receivers (except Beasley) so it was very noticeable. 
 

I went on a hunt for Knox’s highlights this year... :surrender1:

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As said above, loved him last year (drops and all), but after Titans game, it seems he's thinking too much...it's no longer natural. Kinda like a kicker getting a case of the shanks.  He needs to settle into the position and let it happen. I counted two drops on Tuesday that appeared to be quite catchable. Hoping he steps it up on MAF (Monday Afternoon Football).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Muncher said:

As said above, loved him last year (drops and all), but after Titans game, it seems he's thinking too much...it's no longer natural. Kinda like a kicker getting a case of the shanks.  He needs to settle into the position and let it happen. I counted two drops on Tuesday that appeared to be quite catchable. Hoping he steps it up on MAF (Monday Afternoon Football).

 

This made me think of Chuck Knoblauch in the late 90s when he started having problems throwing from 2nd to 1st. It became a mental thing and seemed to get worse the more he focused on it. Some of his throws were hilarious, like the one where he hit Keith Olberman's mom in the stands...

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Billsfan1959 said:

 

This made me think of Chuck Knoblauch in the late 90s when he started having problems throwing from 2nd to 1st. It became a mental thing and seemed to get worse the more he focused on it. Some of his throws were hilarious, like the one where he hit Keith Olberman's mom in the stands...

 

 

Physically more like Bill Buckner.
 

 

  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If he can't learn to catch, it won't matter that he might just have the nastiest stiff arm in the game. If Henry hadn't murdered Norman, Knox might have had another angry run winner.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Walter Buffalo

Thought Knox was a bit overhyped coming out of college. Not a big fan of the didn't produce but fit the mold draft theory.         

 

   

 

 

 

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dolphinflavoredtuna

He just needs to get out of his own head.  TE is one of if not THE hardest transitional position going from college to the pros.  It takes time to develop, no question.  But what we’re seeing from Knox is more on par with mental lapses that scream, “You’re thinking too much, kid...”.  That said, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see Beane pull the trigger on acquiring a TE and Knox finding his way to IR, unfortunately.  Dependability on a win-now team is too crucial.  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LB3 said:

If he can't learn to catch, it won't matter that he might just have the nastiest stiff arm in the game. If Henry hadn't murdered Norman, Knox might have had another angry run winner.

Second nastiest stiff arm in the game, after Josh. 😎

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Billsfan1959 said:

 

This made me think of Chuck Knoblauch in the late 90s when he started having problems throwing from 2nd to 1st. It became a mental thing and seemed to get worse the more he focused on it. Some of his throws were hilarious, like the one where he hit Keith Olberman's mom in the stands...

 

 

She deserved it for spawning Keith

  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
On 10/16/2020 at 10:53 AM, LB3 said:

If he can't learn to catch, it won't matter that he might just have the nastiest stiff arm in the game. If Henry hadn't murdered Norman, Knox might have had another angry run winner.


Thoughts and prayers for the family of the late Josh Norman.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Can anyone here confirm that Dawson Knox dropped the ball in Times Square last night?

  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Countrycletus
On 10/16/2020 at 8:17 AM, Chandemonium said:

Anyone else starting to wonder if this guy is going to figure it out? He was my favorite rookie last year, and I love what he does once the ball is in his hands but it seems like he’s getting less reliable at actually catching it, even with Josh’s improvements which one would think would help him. 

Tight ends take a LOOONG time to develop... WRs typically take 3 years.... as long as we are seeing progress things are looking good 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Can anyone here confirm that Dawson Knox dropped the ball in Times Square last night?

That depends.....was it thrown right to his chest or over his head just within his reach?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Countrycletus said:

Tight ends take a LOOONG time to develop... WRs typically take 3 years.... as long as we are seeing progress things are looking good 

I would guess that the way he has played the last few weeks @Chandemoniummay want to amend his opinion of his development......MAY?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alaska Darin
4 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I would guess that the way he has played the last few weeks @Chandemoniummay want to amend his opinion of his development......MAY?

I think it's fair.  Knox dropped a perfect pass in the end zone on the 2nd drive last week and he regularly either completely whiffs or gets blown up when he's blocking.

 

He's clearly got talent and there are times when he really reminds me of Mark Bavaro but he's so inconsistent.  I don't have a problem with the BILLS continuing his development but we need quality depth at that position that can stay on the field.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I think it's fair.  Knox dropped a perfect pass in the end zone on the 2nd drive last week and he regularly either completely whiffs or gets blown up when he's blocking.

 

He's clearly got talent and there are times when he really reminds me of Mark Bavaro but he's so inconsistent.  I don't have a problem with the BILLS continuing his development but we need quality depth at that position that can stay on the field.

Finding that is the trouble. Especially with the Cap we are expecting to see this coming season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Guidelines