Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What's our strategy to generate more sacks?

stuvian

It looks like we're going to sit out FA. Trying to figure out where we're going to add to our pass rush. We won't draft high enough for a difference maker

• Sad 1

We're going to score at will and sack all the QBs who rely on a successful run game to make their passing game work.

I'm joking. But just a little.

Efe Obada is relatively new to football, a physical FREAK, got few snaps last year....and would have led our team in sacks. That’s not nuthin’....

• Like 2

10 yard split: 1.53s – This is the truly astonishing statistic. Obada’s 10 yard split time (which is far more important for defensive linemen than the 40 yard dash) cannot be compared amongst defensive linemen or tight ends, because it’s so much better than his counterparts. In fact, only six prospects at the 2015 NFL Combine ran a faster 10 yard split than Obada (five wide receivers, and one defensive back)

• Like 2

Wingspan: 83” (or 6’11”) – This was the same as Jadeveon Clowney recorded at the 2014 NFL Combine. In the 2015 draft class, Randy Gregory had the largest wingspan of pure edge rushers in this class, with 81.9”. Among tight ends, Clive Walford had the biggest wingspan, at 81.5”.

Google THIS if you want to hear an amazing story! I’ll root for him every time he’s not playing the Bills!

Efe Obada’s Incredible Journey To The NFL | NBC Nightly News - YouTube

Have to copy and paste, because....I’m too damn lazy to figure out anything easier for you.  😊

Star coming back (hopefully) in shape will be a big boost to the defensive line as well.

If that fails, I suggest the Bills utilize kneecapping.

13 hours ago, Augie said:

Google THIS if you want to hear an amazing story! I’ll root for him every time he’s not playing the Bills!

Efe Obada’s Incredible Journey To The NFL | NBC Nightly News - YouTube

Have to copy and paste, because....I’m too damn lazy to figure out anything easier for you.  😊

Obscure reference for sure, but every time I see Efe's name and hear him speak, I partially expect the story of his incredible journey to the NFL to show that the person who rescued him from trafficking was Red Reddington, and in gratitude, Efe spent seven seasons as his bodyguard before joining the Panthers.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Koko said:

Star coming back (hopefully) in shape will be a big boost to the defensive line as well.

If that fails, I suggest the Bills utilize kneecapping.

Tonya Harding for head cheerleader

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

CarpetCrawler
5 hours ago, stuvian said:

Tonya Harding for head cheerleader

If you mean "head" cheerleader, I'm pretty sure that's how she got the perfect 6.0 from the Russian judge  ; )

• Haha 1

On 3/26/2021 at 1:22 PM, stuvian said:

It looks like we're going to sit out FA. Trying to figure out where we're going to add to our pass rush. We won't draft high enough for a difference maker

Looks like a 'little bit of this, little bit of that' strategy.

Star returns, frees up Oliver

Addison does more in his 2d year w/ Frazier

Epanesa take a step forward

Efe contributes

Jerry continues to produce

I'm not a big fan of just hoping everything breaks the right way, and it's hard to argue with the overall offseason strategy, but yeah, it will remain a concern until we see what happens in the fall.

15 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Looks like a 'little bit of this, little bit of that' strategy.

Star returns, frees up Oliver

Addison does more in his 2d year w/ Frazier

Epanesa take a step forward

Efe contributes

Jerry continues to produce

I'm not a big fan of just hoping everything breaks the right way, and it's hard to argue with the overall offseason strategy, but yeah, it will remain a concern until we see what happens in the fall.

This is called building a team. We will once again be able to take BPA in the draft as they filled a lot of holes with 1 year corks.

Edited by Fansince88

• 2 months later...

Well, obviously this could be an answer, if not the obvious strategy to obviously employ or deploy obviously a means to get more sacks... lots more sacks. I’m talking’ dozens if not hundreds of sacks. 

• Haha 1