Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What Are You Smoking?? (intoxicants, not meats and vegetables)

Foxx

As a note, being able to smoke pot legally does NOT mean that you can drive while impaired. The standard under NY Law for Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs is impaired 'to the slightest degree'. While you cannot be legally fired for simply testing positive, you can still be fired from your job for showing up under the influence, or testing positive where it would be a violation of federal law/contracts for your employer.

The moral of the story: Don't toke and drive.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
CarpetCrawler

If it does become legal in NYS, I might actually try it again, I did frequently in college and right after, but my wife doesn't and I just got away from it about 30 years ago. Maybe 20 years ago i went to a bachelor party and thought 'what the hell?' but it was laced with something and it was not a good experience at all. 

If i know I was just getting some run of the mill pot like I had in the old days i would probably buy a little, and put some Grateful Dead and Bob Marley on the old turntable. But I would never touch the stuff you just buy on the street.

Robs House
26 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

If it does become legal in NYS, I might actually try it again, I did frequently in college and right after, but my wife doesn't and I just got away from it about 30 years ago. Maybe 20 years ago i went to a bachelor party and thought 'what the hell?' but it was laced with something and it was not a good experience at all. 

If i know I was just getting some run of the mill pot like I had in the old days i would probably buy a little, and put some Grateful Dead and Bob Marley on the old turntable. But I would never touch the stuff you just buy on the street.

My guess is that it wasn't laced, but so strong that it hit you like it's never hit you before.

The pot that's commonplace now is exponentially stronger than the seedy Mexican pot that was popular 20 years ago.

It's gotten me too. Every so often when I'm hanging out with my pothead friends I'll indulge and more than a few times it's left me face down in the corner with paranoid delusions.

• Like 1

CarpetCrawler
1 hour ago, Robs House said:

My guess is that it wasn't laced, but so strong that it hit you like it's never hit you before.

The pot that's commonplace now is exponentially stronger than the seedy Mexican pot that was popular 20 years ago.

It's gotten me too. Every so often when I'm hanging out with my pothead friends I'll indulge and more than a few times it's left me face down in the corner with paranoid delusions.

Yeah you described what happened to me pretty well except for the feeling like there was an axe in my skull.

Yeah i had the cheap brown stuff, some Acapulco Gold, once Panama Red (it was good), and a few times the green Sensimilla. 

17 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Yeah you described what happened to me pretty well except for the feeling like there was an axe in my skull.

Yeah i had the cheap brown stuff, some Acapulco Gold, once Panama Red (it was good), and a few times the green Sensimilla. 

A '70's flashback.

:excited:

CarpetCrawler
7 hours ago, Foxx said:

A '70's flashback.

:excited:

Maybe we need a fungus among us thread ???

• Haha 1

On 6/1/2021 at 9:14 PM, CarpetCrawler said:

Yeah, I definitely recommend easing in with the new stuff.  It's absolutely nothing like the crap you grew up with.

RochesterRob
On 4/5/2021 at 12:12 PM, mead107 said:

Would be fun to have a pot farm.  
not a smoker. 

Why?  So you can have your turn at producing an agricultural commodity for pennies per quantity above cost?  

I tried the 3Chi gummies. Very good. More of a body sensation. No paranoia. They ship right to your house in discreet packaging.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LB3 said:

I tried the 3Chi gummies. Very good. More of a body sensation. No paranoia. They ship right to your house in discreet packaging.

my son smokes a lot, told him he should try these.

• Like 1

Whole host of outfits with professional websites nearby who will deliver to my door in under an hour.

Bud, edibles, vape, whatever you want.

The low level CBD/THC mix gummies are a nice way to relax.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I have a feeling this guy was not only an owner but a customer. I wonder what he was smoking.

Portland firefighter alleged to have kidnapped man ‘to teach lesson’ for burglarizing his marijuana dispensary, records reveal
https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2021/08/portland-firefighter-alleged-to-have-kidnapped-man-to-teach-lesson-for-burglarizing-his-marijuana-dispensary-records-reveal.html

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/1/2021 at 4:32 PM, Robs House said:

Made me think of this... "In the fetal position...with drool on our chin..."