Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Darnold to the Panthers

PromoTheRobot

3733       7.6     492 340 0.691      15 11    92.1

2208       6.1     364 217 0.596       9 11    72.7

Makes you wonder which team is more stupid? The Jets for giving up on Sam so soon or the Panthers for replacing Teddy who I though had a good year and most people were excited for after his devastating injury. 

• Like 2

Just Joshin

Seems like a fair trade for both teams.  I think the panthers gave up more than expected but they got their guy.

Alaska Darin

Football is a funny game.  The Jets gave up the sixth overall pick plus 3 seconds a few years ago to move up THREE spots to pick Darnold.  Jet fan is THRILLED.

Yesterday the Jets got a sixth and a future 2nd and 4th for the same guy.  Jet fan is still "overall" pretty happy.

YOU COULDA HAD JOSH ALLEN OR LAMAR JACKSON!  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I hate Jet fan.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 1

Seems like a decent deal for both the Panthers and Darnold. He gets a fresh start with a team that's actually serious about competing, Carolina didn't give up all *that* much to get him, and &#%$ the Jests.

If he blossoms like Tannehill did, post Gase... Adam might not find another job in the NFL. Definitely not another HC job, ever.

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

If he blossoms like Tannehill did, post Gase... Adam might not find another job in the NFL. Definitely not another HC job, ever.

I'm not sure you see that, regardless of what happens to Darnold. I think it's pretty clear in NFL circles that Gase is just a terrible leader of men. Or as Charles Barkley would say, he's turble.

Everything can be aligned -- position players, asst. coaches, schedule, scheme -- everything...but if you can't lead, you will lose. Leaders inspire others to be their best selves. The number of players who pissed on Gase after he left his employ has to be clear to everyone who doesn't run the Jets.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GG1 said:

How did Allen look behind a crap line and throwing to borderline NFL WRs?

Well, according to the braintrust ATOP.... :classic_laugh:

19 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Well, if the Bills had only drafted RightJosh instead of WrongJosh, we would never have to debate this.

Beane's zeroing in on Allen just looks better every day. When you see Rosen's fate as well, you realize that great organizations make great QBs. What if Marsha were a Detroit Lion? He'd probably have had a career like Trent Edwards by now.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, stuvian said:

What if Marsha were a Detroit Lion? He'd probably have had a career like Trent Edwards by now.

Probably more like Joey Harrington.

• Like 2

Alaska Darin
7 hours ago, GG1 said:

Like a real competitor. 

7 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Well, according to the braintrust ATOP.... :classic_laugh:

Allen is a BUST!!!

FIRE Beane -- he traded away all the talent*!!!!

McDermott has gotten blown out in 20% of his games!!!

CLEAN HOUSE!!!!

* This is my all time favorite.  For the record, "all the talent" meant Tyrod, Sammy, Darby, and Lazy Fat &#%$ Dareus.

Gee, I really miss that place.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Allen is a BUST!!!

CLEAN HOUSE!!!!

* This is my all time favorite.  For the record, "all the talent" meant Tyrod, Sammy, Darby, and Lazy Fat &#%$ Dareus.

I don't.

16 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Allen is a BUST!!!

CLEAN HOUSE!!!!

Don't forget how Beane gave up a 1st round pick to get NotJefferson from the Vikings.