Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

7 hours ago, Foxx said:

Amazing. Siriani really did a nice job with the Eagles. They were a mess last year, 

Yeah, and teams are interviewing Doug Pedersen to be their head coach.

• Haha 1

Just now, Joe said:

Come on down

I wouldn't mind Shaq Lawson coming back here.  With Addison and Hughes most likely done, we probably need another DE.

25 minutes ago, Core Four said:

I wouldn't mind Shaq Lawson coming back here.  With Addison and Hughes most likely done, we probably need another DE.

I don't know you would see either Hughes or Addison inactive on game day this post-season.

55 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I don't know you would see either Hughes or Addison inactive on game day this post-season.

I was thinking getting Lawson for next season.  I agree that both Hughes and Addison will be active in every game the Bills play this post-season.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
8 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Gettleman announcing his retirement is like Biden announcing he created more jobs than any president in history.

Image result for Wink GIF

I have to believe that makes the 2022 season an absolute prove it year for Judge, and Gettleman didn’t leave him with the tools to do it.

Judge will be out after next season, along with Danny Dimes, and whoever the new GM is will be choosing their own Head Coach and QB.

17 hours ago, Core Four said:

I was thinking getting Lawson for next season.  I agree that both Hughes and Addison will be active in every game the Bills play this post-season.

I saw that the Bills signed Shaq Lawson.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

I saw that the Bills signed Shaq Lawson.

This is awesome.  Unfortunately, contract specifics are unknown in this article I found.  Lawson was very good against the run and can get to the QB, so hopefully he will be available this Saturday night.

https://www.trainwrecksports.com/source-shaq-lawson-agrees-to-deal-with-bills/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Core Four said:

This is awesome.  Unfortunately, contract specifics are unknown in this article I found.  Lawson was very good against the run and can get to the QB, so hopefully he will be available this Saturday night.

https://www.trainwrecksports.com/source-shaq-lawson-agrees-to-deal-with-bills/

That's what I  saw (hopefully this won't be a trainwreck).

I am more inclined to think this will be geared towards next year. He can provide depth in the playoffs if needed. 

26 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

I am more inclined to think this will be geared towards next year. He can provide depth in the playoffs if needed. 

Dude's in game shape and ready to go. Pretty good depth for the playoffs, if you ask me.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

I'd rather have Lawson out there over Addison, Hughes, or Obada during the playoff run.  I'm hoping this is a multi year deal for the future since that will be one less draft pick spend on the dline.

Lawson apparently left because he wasn't happy with the lack of playing time due to McD/Frazier's rotation strategy.  I really hope for the playoffs that the best guys get at least a 60/40 rotation rather than forcing a 50/50.  Let the hot hands play more.

Billsandhorns
38 minutes ago, Core Four said:

I'd rather have Lawson out there over Addison, Hughes, or Obada during the playoff run.  I'm hoping this is a multi year deal for the future since that will be one less draft pick spend on the dline.

Lawson apparently left because he wasn't happy with the lack of playing time due to McD/Frazier's rotation strategy.  I really hope for the playoffs that the best guys get at least a 60/40 rotation rather than forcing a 50/50.  Let the hot hands play more.

I thought h left because he wanted to get a bigger check than the Bills wanted to give him

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Billsandhorns said:

I thought h left because he wanted to get a bigger check than the Bills wanted to give him

Same here, he and Jordan Phillips were looking for paydays.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Core Four said:

If it is true the Bills signed Shaq, I expect he will take a roster spot this post-season. While he may be a little rusty and new plays have invariably been added, he knows the playbook and is good against the run.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

55 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Same here, he and Jordan Phillips were looking for paydays.

Yeah, I'm sure the fact the Dolphins trumped the Bills' offer had something to do with it.  I was going off what the article mentioned about Lawson wanting more playing time than what he got with the dline rotation.

Legal victory clears path for Broncos to be put up for sale
In Denver’s Second District Court, Judge Shelly Gilman ruled that the right of first refusal is terminated

</snip>

The last remaining hurdle for the Broncos to be put on the market was removed Tuesday in Denver’s Second District Court when Judge Shelly I. Gilman ruled late owner Edgar Kaiser’s right of first refusal provision was not transferrable.

In a 41-page ruling, Gilman wrote, “the right of first refusal … between Edgar F. Kaiser, Jr. and Patrick D. Bowlen … is no longer valid or enforceable in any respect.”

Translation: Broncos president/CEO Joe Ellis can lead the process to sell the team without interference from ROFR Holdings.

</snip>

It is unclear if ROFR Holdings will appeal the ruling.

The Broncos are expected to command a record sale price for an American pro sports franchise. The current NFL record is $2.275 billion for the Carolina Panthers in 2018 when purchased by David Tepper.

The Broncos could be sold for as much as $4 billion.

</snip>

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Dude's in game shape and ready to go. Pretty good depth for the playoffs, if you ask me.

Yep....he's a guy we'd like to have in there against a run-heavy attack.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ann said:

Legal victory clears path for Broncos to be put up for sale
In Denver’s Second District Court, Judge Shelly Gilman ruled that the right of first refusal is terminated

</snip>

The last remaining hurdle for the Broncos to be put on the market was removed Tuesday in Denver’s Second District Court when Judge Shelly I. Gilman ruled late owner Edgar Kaiser’s right of first refusal provision was not transferrable.

In a 41-page ruling, Gilman wrote, “the right of first refusal … between Edgar F. Kaiser, Jr. and Patrick D. Bowlen … is no longer valid or enforceable in any respect.”

Translation: Broncos president/CEO Joe Ellis can lead the process to sell the team without interference from ROFR Holdings.

</snip>

It is unclear if ROFR Holdings will appeal the ruling.

The Broncos are expected to command a record sale price for an American pro sports franchise. The current NFL record is $2.275 billion for the Carolina Panthers in 2018 when purchased by David Tepper.

The Broncos could be sold for as much as $4 billion.

</snip>

You all will have to excuse me a while...I have a team to buy.  I'll let Peyton Manning run it as GM. 😁