Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL

GG1

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

As an American Italian I can tell you with great confidence that there are countless things that Italians are quite good at.

Throwing footballs ain't one of them.

The boy can sling it. I watch a ton of JMU games, at least two every year in person. JMU and ND State are real deal football programs. This kid played at Pitt. Now , with that team he might get murdered, but my gut says the game will not be too big for him

2 hours ago, Ann said:

As much as I hate to say it, there was this guy called Dan Marino that disproves this statement.

Dan wasn't a true Italian.  True Italians don't get all whiny and bitchy when someone hits them or knocks them down, and Marino was a whiny bitch. 

I'm talking BullBuchanan-level whiny bitch. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

The boy can sling it. I watch a ton of JMU games, at least two every year in person. JMU and ND State are real deal football programs. This kid played at Pitt. Now , with that team he might get murdered, but my gut says the game will not be too big for him

I look forward to seeing what he can do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Just Joshin said:

Does Dan Marino count if half Italian?

See earlier response. Marino isn't even half Italian because not even a half Italian would whine and bitch like Marino did.

37 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It's one of the few things we have in common...

Yep. A hatred for Marino, a love of the Bills, and a seemingly never-ending, on-going desire to discuss in detail all the moves Admiral Lord Nelson made to take out 19 ships in the Battle of Trafalgar.

• Haha 1

Ravens sign Ronnie Stanley to five-year, $98.75 million contract extension

The Baltimore Ravens locked up star left tackle Ronnie Stanley through the 2025 season.

The team announced it signed the Pro Bowl blindside blocker to a five-year contract extension.

The deal is worth $98.75 million in new money with a max value of $100 million, per NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. Add in his 2020 salary, and the deal comes to $112.866 million in max value, with $58 million in new guarantees and $65.569 million in total guarantees including this year. Stanley will earn a whopping $47.116 million by March 31, 2021.

Stanley gets $22.5 million in a signing bonus with a $16.25 million option bonus received by March. His deal also comes with $1.25 million in Pro Bowl incentives each year.

The $19.75 million per year in new money makes Stanley the second highest-paid offensive lineman in the NFL.

</snip>

• Cheers 1

Free-agent K Aldrick Rosas suspended four games for personal conduct violation

Free-agent kicker Aldrick Rosas has been suspended four games for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Saturday.

The penalty comes as the result of the three misdemeanors Rosas was charged with following a hit-and-run car accident on June 15. The former Pro Bowl special teamer was released by the Giants, where he played from 2017-19, in July as a result.

It's been a rough year for the 25-year-old, who was also cut from the Jaguars on Friday. After signing with the practice squad in late September, Rosas appeared in just one game for Jacksonville in Week 4. He made four-of-five field goals and his only extra point attempt in the team's 33-25 loss to the Bengals.

</snip>

On 10/30/2020 at 10:51 AM, Ann said:

Ravens sign Ronnie Stanley to five-year, $98.75 million contract extension

The Baltimore Ravens locked up star left tackle Ronnie Stanley through the 2025 season.

The team announced it signed the Pro Bowl blindside blocker to a five-year contract extension.

The deal is worth $98.75 million in new money with a max value of $100 million, per NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. Add in his 2020 salary, and the deal comes to $112.866 million in max value, with $58 million in new guarantees and $65.569 million in total guarantees including this year. Stanley will earn a whopping $47.116 million by March 31, 2021.

Stanley gets $22.5 million in a signing bonus with a $16.25 million option bonus received by March. His deal also comes with $1.25 million in Pro Bowl incentives each year.

The $19.75 million per year in new money makes Stanley the second highest-paid offensive lineman in the NFL.

</snip>

He was carted off the field today (ankle injury).

Update: CBS post game just said he is out for the year.