Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Anyone watching Aaron Rodgers hosting Jeopardy?

PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

Acceptable first day. He sounds a little too mellow. Needs to add a little gravitas and let his personality come through.

• Like 1

I haven't watched a single episode since Trebek's last.  My wife tried to show me a few clues from one guest host and it was awful.

On 4/6/2021 at 1:22 PM, LeviF91 said:

I haven't watched a single episode since Trebek's last.  My wife tried to show me a few clues from one guest host and it was awful.

It’s always hard to be the guy who follows THE guy. Better to be the next guy. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 4:38 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Acceptable first day. He sounds a little too mellow. Needs to add a little gravitas and let his personality come through.

Have watched him a couple times now.  Agree with your assessment but assume on air personality will develop with time. 

It’s impossible not to compare him to Trebek,  but he had 30+ years to perfect his craft.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Have watched him a couple times now.  Agree with your assessment but assume on air personality will develop with time. 

It’s impossible not to compare him to Trebek,  but he had 30+ years to perfect his craft.

Unfortunately these guys are getting like two days to develop that personality. Maybe what @Augie said above has something to do with it.  Ram through a load of guest hosts while you decide on a permanent one and the permanent one will get lots of patience from the audience while he hones his talent. 

• Like 3

They need to keep looking, that whole list is unacceptable.

I have an idea, how about someone with experience hosting a game show ?

42 minutes ago, B-Man said:

What's Wink Martindale doing these days?

Unfortunately in this day and age, they usually just find a 'name' rather than anyone with any talent to host game shows.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, LB3 said:

I bet Fitzpatrick would be great as a Jeopardy host.

That glorious beard he sports would be the true star of the show.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

Mike Richards, who was the second guest host, does have previous game show experience. And so far among those that have hosted, he would be my pick. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2021 at 10:33 AM, B-Man said:

I haven't watched any of the others because i think the first guest host Ken Jennings who is also the highest winning contestant ever is the perfect fit. His first night was a little shaky but then he settled in and like Alex was, you could tell he was the brightest bulb in the room. Just tell the rest of them thanks but no thanks... 

On 4/8/2021 at 12:21 PM, LB3 said:

I bet Fitzpatrick would be great as a Jeopardy host.

I would make a point of tuning in to see that, just like I did a couple times with Rodgers. I’d like to see them competing, actually! @plenzmd1 could be the third person. Make one category OTB to give him a chance! 

• Haha 2