Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Fantasy Advice/Ideas?

whatdrought

CarpetCrawler
5 hours ago, Nanker said:

I confess, I know absolutely nothing about fantasy football. 

Me neither, and I've played it for years.

• Haha 3

I will be jettisoning Singletary after today's embarrassment and the general lack of production.

I am counting on Lamar Jackson to pick up 3 more points to secure a win in my fantasy league in the 4th quarter of the *Patriots game now.  I actually picked up Bridgewater as a backup this morning as an option to a declining Jackson but now he's hurt.

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, bdutton said:

I will be jettisoning Singletary after today's embarrassment and the general lack of production.

You do realize that he is now going to rush for 200 yards when the Bills next play, right?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Koko said:

You do realize that he is now going to rush for 200 yards when the Bills next play, right?

There's a better chance that Josh rushes for 200 yards. 😉

This was the perfect year to go zero RB.  So of course I had 3rd pick overall and with elite RBs at a premium, I was taking Zeke no matter what.  And grab his handcuff Pollard later essentially securing 1 RB position all year.

Coming back RD 2 (this is a 12 team keeper btw everyone can keep 1 player so the rounds here out it's like 1 round up) I took Kupp.  RD 3....this is where I said I'm loading up on RBs bc WR is deep.  So I took David Johnson.  RD 4 (my worst pick) Singletary.  RD 5 (my best pick) Diggs.

My keeper btw was Mahomes...in RD 10.  Because he was drafted in the 2018 fantasy draft in RD 12; our rule is your keeper is 1 round up from where you drafted him.  You can do this for 3 years.  But you can't keep a first round pick.  I can keep Mahomes 1 more year. 

Now some guys never trade.  Some guys love trading.  This year, I gambled and made some big deals.  In week 3 I traded David Johnson for James Robinson.  Great move looking back.  But 2 weeks later I was offered Conner for him and took it.  Not so good right now.  

And seeing the writing on the wall with Zeke early....like the week after Dak got hurt.  I traded him in a package with Diggs that got me Nuke and Jonathan Taylor and Tee Higgins.  I thought I had peak value in Diggs and with his schedule plus outside in December I had to do it.  Its Nuke.  

And one more.  I packaged Kupp and Singletary for DJ Moore.  He won me a week.  It looks like Kupp is hurt.  Still jury out.  

So I started the year:

Mahomes

Zeke

David Johnson 

Diggs

Kupp

Fant (RD 13 pick)

Singletary (flex)

Redskins DST - made this pick bc I liked their D and had the Eagles minus half their O.  This pick won me week 1. 

Now its currently:

Mahomes 

Conner

Taylor 

Nuke

DJ Moore

Fant

Higgins (Flex)

Rams DST 

Sanders kicker

My bench is Kirk, Perriman (add him...Flacco is starting and he is throwing to him....no Darnold dump offs to Crowder every play), Ahmad (added him Sunday am) Browns D (I played them this week) and Snell 

All that and I'm 5-5 just lost 2 in a row bc Mahomes had a bye and my RBS have been terrible.  I like every move I made except Robinson for Conner.  

Zero RB was way to go this year but I did it last year and just never hit on that RB lotto ticket.  

Trade deadline is Wednesday if you got any suggestions I'm listening.

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like 1

I'm the Commish in my league.  We started in 2006.  I love talking fantasy. 

Maybe I'll give a Big Blitz Tuesday weekly claimer suggestion posts.  You can thank me or cuss me out the next week but I claim a 85% success rate!

Heck.  I can start your week 11 targets now.  I'll base suggestions on ownership less then 60% in CBS leagues.  2 or 3 per position.  And based on full point ppr 

QB:

Cousins home vs Dallas.

Cam @ Houston he was probably dropped a ton these last 3 weeks.  This week he's a top 10 QB.  

Daniel Jones has a bye this week but gets Cincy week 12.  

RB:

Ahmad at Denver (they cut Howard).  RBs are a premium.  And he is getting every down work.  Even if Breida comes back he'll just be the 3rd down back. Did you see what Vegas just did to them? 

Hines @ GB.  This is who I'm targeting and I might start over Taylor.  Likely chasing points.  My sense with this team is an urgency to win, not see to it they feed the rookie RB that ain't quite ready yet.  I have him I hope he starts going off but I need to have a plan B at RB 2.  

WR:

Meyers @ Houston check to see if available.  Cams favorite target right now.  

Michael Pittman has 7 and 8 targets last 2 games.  Having TY back might help not hurt him.  Cake schedule coming up.  

One more bc I'm buying:  

Perriman at Chargers but if Flacco stays the starter yes I'm in.  And week 1 in playoffs at Seattle. 

TE:

Good luck here bc it's been awful.  But check to see if Schultz is available and Jordan Reed.  

DST streamers week 11

Browns vs Philly 

Chargers vs Jets.  There will be INTs and sacks.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like 1

I need a QB for week 11.   The contenders:

Tannehill (v Balt) -- has been mediocre lately and I don't like the match.  My current backup.

Carr (v KC) -- LV mostly running the ball lately but will need to throw to keep up with KC, right?

Mayfield (v PHI) - too much Chubb/Hunt (who are both in my lineup)

Smith (v Cincy) - he and the un-Skins are playing better

Rivers (v GB) - ugh

Winston (v ATL) - may not even start, but appealing match up

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Tannehill (v Balt) -- has been mediocre lately and I don't like the match.  My current backup.

Carr (v KC) -- LV mostly running the ball lately but will need to throw to keep up with KC, right?

Rivers (v GB) - ugh

tenor.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Rivers (v GB) - ugh

I'd go with Winston. 

Brees has a cracked rib with possible lung injury and may be done for the year

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 10:49 PM, Big Blitz said:

If you need a TE....see if Taysum Hill is both a QB/TE in your league.  

I'm bullish on this. If ever there's a time to get creative, it's playing a team that ranks 32nd versus the tight end.

Plus, the TE position is pure shit this year outside of the top few.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 6:05 PM, Billsandhorns said:

Maybe I will pick up Winston for this week then. I currently have Tannehill for this week because. Josh is on a bye

Someone else grabbed Winston, but I'm feeling good with Carr.  His stats have been weak recently b/c LV has been running so much and playing with big leads but he'll need to throw a lot to stay in this game.  Plus he lit up KC last month.

• Like 1

Billsandhorns
2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Someone else grabbed Winston, but I'm feeling good with Carr.  His stats have been weak recently b/c LV has been running so much and playing with big leads but he'll need to throw a lot to stay in this game.  Plus he lit up KC last month.

Winston is still available in my league, I am on the fence because he has not been named the starter yet

54 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

Winston is still available in my league, I am on the fence because he has not been named the starter yet

I suspect he'll get most, but not all of the snaps at QB, but they like to use Hill near the goal line so that could be a problem.  Also hard to trust a guy who's been on the bench all year.

I don't doubt Winston has a high ceiling this week, but I think he also has a low floor.

Edited by KD in CA

Billsandhorns
7 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I suspect he'll get most, but not all of the snaps at QB, but they like to use Hill near the goal line so that could be a problem.  Also hard to trust a guy who's been on the bench all year.

I don't doubt Winston has a high ceiling this week, but I think he also has a low floor.

I'll probably just stick with Tannehill