Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

WWE

Robs House

I can remember way back when I was very young watching wrestling.  
Took in a couple live matches when I was 21-22.  
lost interest.  

47 minutes ago, mead107 said:

I can remember way back when I was very young watching wrestling.  
Took in a couple live matches when I was 21-22.  
lost interest.  

Went to a couple matches at the Aud in the 80's. Saw Honkeytonk Man win the intercontinental title over Ricky Steamboat at the Aud!

https://www.wwfmemories.com/2016/07/05/how-honky-tonk-mans-intercontinental-title-reign-began/

@Robs House..love Pat..may watch only because of him.

BTW, rumor last week was he was gunna be named as color man for the Thursday night Amazon package on an uncensored feed...that would have been great!

I never realized how much the crowd improved the show until the COVID era hit.

I haven't watched much the past year or so, though that's mostly due to WWE's usual mismanagement of stories and characters. 3 hour Raw is more like a chore to watch than entertainment, and while Roman Reign's 'Tribal Chief' gimmick is entertaining, I've pretty well burnt out to the point I don't care.

On 4/19/2021 at 1:35 PM, Koko said:

I haven't watched much the past year or so, though that's mostly due to WWE's usual mismanagement of stories and characters. 3 hour Raw is more like a chore to watch than entertainment, and while Roman Reign's 'Tribal Chief' gimmick is entertaining, I've pretty well burnt out to the point I don't care.

I hadn't watched it for about 20 years until stumbling across some "shoot" videos of old school wrestlers sharing behind the scenes stories a few weeks ago. I tuned into Wrastlemania 37 and found it mildly amusing, but the best part was listening to Jim Cornette rip on the mismanagement you mentioned. 

This is probably the best one:

Edited by Robs House

On 4/19/2021 at 12:35 PM, Koko said:

WWE without the crowd is like going to WalMart or 3AM Waffle House without the other customers.  Pointless.

• 6 months later...

So I drove three hours to take my son to watch SmackDown this Friday, and to be honest, it was awesome. I knew he'd like it, but I was surprised how much I did. It's like going to the circus.

If you have a son who's young enough to get excited about grown men in tights pretending to smash each other, I highly recommend it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Peacock has all the old ppvs going back to Wrestlemania 1. I subscribed so that I could watch the new Halloween at home and ended up reliving my childhood watching all the old PPV's. The rise of The Undertaker is still the greatest thing in wrestling history.

• Like 3

On 12/8/2021 at 9:43 AM, LB3 said:

Peacock has all the old ppvs going back to Wrestlemania 1. I subscribed so that I could watch the new Halloween at home and ended up reliving my childhood watching all the old PPV's. The rise of The Undertaker is still the greatest thing in wrestling history.

I always thought the Undertaker's rise was even more impressive considering that gimmick could have sucked in so many ways. A true testament to Mark Calloway's ability to perform.

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Koko said:

I always thought the Undertaker's rise was even more impressive considering that gimmick could have sucked in so many ways. A true testament to Mark Calloway's ability to perform.

Paul Bearer deserves a lot of credit too IMO.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

• 4 months later...
Alaska Darin
On 11/29/2021 at 8:47 PM, Robs House said:

So I drove three hours to take my son to watch SmackDown this Friday, and to be honest, it was awesome. I knew he'd like it, but I was surprised how much I did. It's like going to the circus.

If you have a son who's young enough to get excited about grown men in tights pretending to smash each other, I highly recommend it.

I haven't been since like 2004 but the energy in those buildings is off the charts.  I have been lucky enough to know people in a couple of the arenas I've been to and was able to get close to the talent.  My gosh those guys are HUGE.  Batista (one example) looked like he was over 300 pounds and maybe 4% body fat.  Just ridiculous.

• 1 year later...