Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Chicken Wing Shortage

Foxx

:willynilly:

Chicken Wing Shortage Is Still Happening in America
... Take out at restaurants have really gone up during the pandemic, making chicken wings one of the most popular choice to get according to the National Chicken Council. Therefore, the price has been shooting up.

In February 2020, the price for a pound of chicken wings for the restaurants cost from suppliers was about $1.81, nationally and now places in Western New York are reported spending almost THREE DOLLARS A pound. ...

National chicken wing shortage continues to hurt restaurants

... “Say we order 50 cases of wings to get us through the weekend. We might only get 30 of them delivered. So we’re getting about two-thirds of what we typically order. There are some days our food reps will call us and say we might not be able to get you anything,” manager Jeff Feather.

The manager told News 4 the prices of chicken wings, produce, and other restaurant essentials have skyrocketed by almost 200%.

Also, Duffs buys their chicken wings in cases that are around 40 pounds. Right now, they cost more than $3 a pound. ...

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1

RochesterRob
2 hours ago, Foxx said:

:willynilly:

Chicken Wing Shortage Is Still Happening in America
... Take out at restaurants have really gone up during the pandemic, making chicken wings one of the most popular choice to get according to the National Chicken Council. Therefore, the price has been shooting up.

In February 2020, the price for a pound of chicken wings for the restaurants cost from suppliers was about $1.81, nationally and now places in Western New York are reported spending almost THREE DOLLARS A pound. ...

National chicken wing shortage continues to hurt restaurants

... “Say we order 50 cases of wings to get us through the weekend. We might only get 30 of them delivered. So we’re getting about two-thirds of what we typically order. There are some days our food reps will call us and say we might not be able to get you anything,” manager Jeff Feather.

The manager told News 4 the prices of chicken wings, produce, and other restaurant essentials have skyrocketed by almost 200%.

Also, Duffs buys their chicken wings in cases that are around 40 pounds. Right now, they cost more than $3 a pound. ...

First Chevy 350 engine parts, John Deere plow parts, and now this.  Gahh.  

• Cheers 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

This is a very real thing.

My sister bartends at Buffalo Wild Wings two nights a week for some extra cash.

They changed their policy so that employees are no longer allowed to order wings for themselves.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
6 hours ago, Wacka said:

Shows my age but I remember (in the 80s) dime wings and $3 pitchers. A hight out for $5.

I’m only in my mid 40’s and we used to be able to get that exact deal every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at our local pub.

On 4/24/2021 at 2:33 PM, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I’m only in my mid 40’s and we used to be able to get that exact deal every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at our local pub.

Yeah, I remember 5 cent wing night in Arcade, back in the 90's. Then it went to 10 cents, then 25 cents.

I think they're up to at least 55 cents per wing now.

• Like 1

decision by chicken factories to grow chickens without wings not looking good 

why do you think they've been pushing boneless wings

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

decision by chicken factories to grow chickens without wings not looking good 

why do you think they've been pushing boneless wings

For some reason that is well beyond me, scientists have seen fit to throw out morals and ethics to make embryos of human/monkey hybrids; but these same assholes can’t be bothered to do the same with chicken/centipede.

On 4/24/2021 at 8:09 AM, Wacka said:

Shows my age but I remember (in the 80s) dime wings and $3 pitchers. A hight out for $5.

The good ol' days.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Inside the disturbing chicken wing shortage in Buffalo, NY

Paying more for Buffalo wings in the birthplace of the finger-lickin’ favorite? That’s clucked up.

An ongoing chicken wing shortage has come home to roost in Buffalo, New York, where local restaurants now need to shell out more dough to get them from their distributors — which has taken a larger bite out of their customers’ wallets.

“This time last year, an order of 20 from us came to $25 even [after tax]; right now it’s $31.53,” Jeff Feather, 28, a manager at Duff’s Famous Wings, told The Post.

“I’ve definitely had some customers when they find out the price, cancel the order or not get wings anymore,” said Feather — who manages the local wing staple with five locations in the Buffalo area, plus others in Texas and Toronto. “For the most part, people have been understanding about it.”

</snip>

• Cheers 2

On 6/14/2021 at 8:12 AM, Ann said:

“I’ve definitely had some customers when they find out the price, cancel the order or not get wings anymore,” said Feather — who manages the local wing staple with five locations in the Buffalo area, plus others in Texas and Toronto. “For the most part, people have been understanding about it.”

</snip>

What is wrong with people?   Get your priorities in order folks!

• Like 1

It's always something lately.  We have plenty of wings down here in Texas, but we don't always have enough qualified drivers who can truck the wings(amongst other things) to the markets.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

What is wrong with people?   Get your priorities in order folks!

yeah, I question the veracity of the quote... someone who has to pay a few dollars more for a 10 ct of wings cancels the order? Color me skeptical. :classic_dry:

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...