Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hammer Says Can't Touch This Lot Without a Vaccine

Jauronimo

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/hammers-lot-will-require-proof-of-covid-19-vaccine-to-tailgate

The owner of Hammers Lot across from Highmark Stadium in Orchard Park said in order to tailgate in his lot, you must present proof you've received the COVID-19 vaccine.

"I know people who have gotten sick. It's not a fun thing. I think it's very serious. It's everybody's choice to get vaccinated or not. With the potential of you carrying the disease into my lot and maybe spread it to somebody else, I don't want that on me. I don't want to have that feeling," Eric Matwijow, the owner of Hammers Lot, said.

Understand his sentiment, but kind of dumb for an outdoor place that is a gathering spot and transit point for about 1K fans.  Will he rope off the lot so that non-tailgaters can't stop by or walk through from other lots?

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

We were discussing his tweet in chat yesterday, and the hope was it was a joke. Guess not.  WTH would give their medical information to some random dude so they could drink a beer outside? 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

By all accounts hammer is a good dude, but I hope that his lot is half empty this season if he follows through with this.  People have truly gone insane. 

• Like 6

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
3 hours ago, Foxx said:

I guess HIPPA laws are out the window in the COVID world?

Would absolutely love to see him get sued.

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

11 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

What could he be sued for? No one has to go to his lot and comply with his request.  HIPPA does not apply to him as he is just a shmoo on the street. Would there be any other laws that might apply to asking for medical information from a stranger (acquaintance, friend) by a private land owner? 

6 hours ago, GG1 said:

Understand his sentiment, but kind of dumb for an outdoor place that is a gathering spot and transit point for about 1K fans.  Will he rope off the lot so that non-tailgaters can't stop by or walk through from other lots?

It's his party. He can cry if he wants to. But the evidence is pretty overwhelmingly clear that one of the safest places you can be when it comes to Covid is outside. 

And you're right. Unless he plans to fence his lot off and have people stationed at entrances and exits, what he's doing is essentially window dressing.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Get sued for his preference on who enters his private property?  

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
Just now, Jauronimo said:

He’s running a business; but it’s moot anyway because my understanding of HIPPA was incorrect and doesn’t apply here.

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I mean, if masterpiece can be sued over and over again someone could find a ridiculous way to go after him. Do not it out it past a shiesty lawyer or attention whore.

Just now, Boyst said:

I mean, if masterpiece can be sued over and over again someone could find a ridiculous way to go after him. Do not it out it past a shiesty lawyer or attention whore.

Sure, anyone can be sued for anything and it does not mean the suit will get any traction.  Just never thought I would see the day where TYTT would hope a business owner or land owner was sued for their personal beliefs.  

• Like 1

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Sure, anyone can be sued for anything and it does not mean the suit will get any traction.  Just never thought I would see the day where TYTT would hope a business owner or land owner was sued for their personal beliefs.  

Hypocrisy doesn't always recognize itself at first glance, especially when emotional overwhelmed. 

22 hours ago, Joe said:

Yeah, no.

I'm going to Miami I think this year. Too much covidiocy in WNY

I was thinking the same.

19 hours ago, Ann said:

What could he be sued for? No one has to go to his lot and comply with his request.  HIPPA does not apply to him as he is just a shmoo on the street. Would there be any other laws that might apply to asking for medical information from a stranger (acquaintance, friend) by a private land owner? 

Wonder if he will require Measles, Mumps and rubella shot record too. Those are dangerous. 

• Haha 1

I don't think theres a right or wrong answer here. Its one of them damned If you do, damed If you don't choices people are having to make.

and its sad we have to make them... 

• Boo 1