Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Aaron wants out(?) Attention (?)

B-Man

8 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Ok, seriously. What the &#%$ is with this trend of QBs suddenly deciding that they should be involved in personnel decisions.

Robs House
38 minutes ago, Koko said:

Ok, seriously. What the &#%$ is with this trend of QBs suddenly deciding that they should be involved in personnel decisions.

As far as I can tell, Marsha, at the ripe old age of 43, and with 6 SB rings to his name, was consulted for the first time in his career upon switching teams, and every pre-madonna QB who's ever had success in the league determined that they're now entitled to such treatment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robs House said:

As far as I can tell, Marsha, at the ripe old age of 43, and with 6 SB rings to his name, was consulted for the first time in his career upon switching teams, and every pre-madonna QB who's ever had success in the league determined that they're now entitled to such treatment.

I'm still shocked and dismayed that DeShaun Watson was not personally invited onto the committee who decided their next head coach, with full voting/veto rights.

No wonder the poor guy needed so many massages!

Edited by Koko

1 hour ago, Robs House said:

I'm not sure if you're filling in facetiously for Crayonz or seriously for Dog14787. Personally I have more self of steam than that. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I'm not sure if you're filling in facetiously for Crayonz or seriously for Dog14787. Personally I have more self of steam than that. 

How do you know that, like a virgin, he was touched for the very first time?

Part of.me wonders if this isn't like the South Park episode of Brittney Spears. The media driving this to make stories and bullshit which creates these scenarios. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

22 hours ago, Koko said:

How do you know that, like a virgin, he was touched for the very first time?

Cindy Lauper is THE pre-madonna. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Yes, no matter how many ways you look at it, time after time she's the one. 

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
On 5/3/2021 at 1:58 PM, Koko said:

When you are good enough at what you do such that you are not fungible, in any profession, and are in an influential leadership role, you generally can demand a voice in on-boarding decisions directly related to your role.

• Like 1
  • FANtastic 1

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

When you are good enough at what you do such that you are not fungible, in any profession, and are in an influential leadership role, you generally can demand a voice in on-boarding decisions directly related to your role.

This is a very simple concept that alludes most people because they are average.  It's kinda funny that Bradshaw is blasting Rogers considering his relationship with Noll and the Steelers' organization for years after his career ended.

• Cheers 1

IDBillzFan
4 hours ago, Nanker said:

And let's be honest, does anyone really think Madonna could EVER pull off a music video using Captain Lou Albano?

49 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

This is a very simple concept that alludes most people because they are average.  It's kinda funny that Bradshaw is blasting Rogers considering his relationship with Noll and the Steelers' organization for years after his career ended.

I can't remember if it was McDermott or Beane or Dabol, but one of them commented last year they were sure Josh wished they'd all stop calling him asking for his input on pretty much anything related to the offense. Not, it's not the same as hiring the GM, but I think there is much more to gain by involving these guys in your discussions than not.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

And let's be honest, does anyone really think Madonna could EVER pull off a music video using Captain Lou Albano?

I can't remember if it was McDermott or Beane or Dabol, but one of them commented last year they were sure Josh wished they'd all stop calling him asking for his input on pretty much anything related to the offense. Not, it's not the same as hiring the GM, but I think there is much more to gain by involving these guys in your discussions than not.

There's a huge difference between involving your QB in gameplanning and a QB demanding to be given input into the draft, demanding to be involved in selecting the next GM, or demanding to be involved in selecting the HC.

I actually support Wilson in the story that came out awhile back about him trying to work with the coaches to improve the offense, only to be curtly rebuffed. Granted, his ideas may have been stupid or unworkable, but still, why not involve the guy who runs your offense? Hell, Peyton Manning would spend every March holed up with his OC going over every offensive snap from the previous season in detail, examining  what worked and didn't work.

• Like 1

IDBillzFan
9 hours ago, Koko said:

There's a huge difference between involving your QB in gameplanning and a QB demanding to be given input into the draft, demanding to be involved in selecting the next GM, or demanding to be involved in selecting the HC.

I agree with this, to the extent that anyone at the QB position is 'demanding' anything.

If Aaron Rogers is really saying 'it's me or Gutekunst,' then he should be careful what he wishes for. He's welcome to make that power move, but it's a stupid move. ln fairness, Rogers to me is like the Donald Trump of QBs. I like what he brings at game time, but off the field I wish he'd STFU.

That said, I see that different than the Watson issue. I don't recall anyone saying Watson was demanding to be a part of Houston's next hires so much as the owner allegedly told Watson he would be involved, and then they made decisions without involving him. As an owner holding on to a special talent like Watson -- especially after gutting his playmakers -- you want that leader on board, to some extent like McDermott first did with Kyle Williams. Get the locker room leader to buy in and everything else falls together more easily.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

or get kicked in the head by Roddy Piper

Robs House
20 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Of course, the question of whether it's wise to exercise such influence is another matter.

Robs House
13 hours ago, Koko said:

I actually support Wilson in the story that came out awhile back about him trying to work with the coaches to improve the offense, only to be curtly rebuffed. Granted, his ideas may have been stupid or unworkable, but still, why not involve the guy who runs your offense? Hell, Peyton Manning would spend every March holed up with his OC going over every offensive snap from the previous season in detail, examining  what worked and didn't work.

I kind of went the other way on Wilson, who I'd been a fan of up until recently. 

Ironically, I've never been a Rodgers fan, but I feel inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point. I may feel differently if I heard the Packer's side, but on the surface some of his gripes appear reasonable. Wilson, to me, just sounded like a whiney bitch throwing his teammates under the bus for not better masking his shortcomings.

18 minutes ago, Robs House said:

Wilson, to me, just sounded like a whiney bitch throwing his teammates under the bus for not better masking his shortcomings.

Again, Russell can't do everything!

Edited by Koko
  • Haha 2

BREAKING NEWS: Post Madonna at 62 years old has a moment with her new preemie boyfriend who is 27 years old. 

Slide 1 of 35: Wonderwall.com rounded up the best (and cutest!) celebrity PDA moments of 2020, starting with this couple... Madonna held hands with boyfriend Ahlamalik Williams, a dancer, on her way to watch her son David Banda Ritchie's soccer game in Los Angeles on May 2.Keep reading for more celebrity PDA this year…

This after recording her new album "Like A Skank".

RochesterRob
4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

BREAKING NEWS: Post Madonna at 62 years old has a moment with her new preemie boyfriend who is 27 years old. 

Slide 1 of 35: Wonderwall.com rounded up the best (and cutest!) celebrity PDA moments of 2020, starting with this couple... Madonna held hands with boyfriend Ahlamalik Williams, a dancer, on her way to watch her son David Banda Ritchie's soccer game in Los Angeles on May 2.Keep reading for more celebrity PDA this year…

This after recording her new album "Like A Skank".

Everything that woman thinks is about marketing.  That guy looks like he is from central casting in terms of relating to the woke crowd.  Still he looks like he is thinking "it's worth it because I am getting paid to hold that "woman's" hand."  

• Like 2