Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Aaron wants out(?) Attention (?)

B-Man

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

So, Aaron wants a better team but sabotages his team and blames the GM? How would that go over in Buffalo?

Seems like  Aaron Rodgers is an even bigger piece of work than people suspected.

I am sure he's super popular in Wisconsin right now. :sarcasm:

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 hour ago, Robs House said:

Of course, the question of whether it's wise to exercise such influence is another matter.

Why would it be unwise?

Uncle Joe
1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Everything that woman thinks is about marketing.  That guy looks like he is from central casting in terms of relating to the woke crowd.  Still he looks like he is thinking "it's worth it because I am getting paid to hold that "woman's skank's " hand."  

FIFY.

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Everything that woman thinks is about marketing.  That guy looks like he is from central casting in terms of relating to the woke crowd.  Still he looks like he is thinking "it's worth it because I am getting paid to hold that "woman's" hand."  

To me, that guy looks embarrassed.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 hour ago, Ann said:

Seems like  Aaron Rodgers is an even bigger piece of work than people suspected.

I am sure he's super popular in Wisconsin right now. :sarcasm:

That really depends. Right now it’s all spin coming from the Packers org.

Consider: playing with a top QB is a *huge* recruiting tool for a front office, and a great way to get players to come at a discount to ring hunt.

The Packers were very likely plugging playing with Rodgers as a perk of playing there. Players talk. They actively recruit other players to join them.

When players contacted Aaron, he simply told them the truth. There’s nothing wrong with that. In fact, it’s pretty admirable if what the team was using as a selling point was untrue.

• Like 1

Robs House
2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Why would it be unwise?

Competence in one endeavor doesn't necessarily translate to competence in another. Just like some great coaches make for crummy GMs, some great players make for crummy coaches. 

3 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

So, Aaron wants a better team but sabotages his team and blames the GM? How would that go over in Buffalo?

At this point it sounds like he's given up.  Hard to blame him.  The Packers FO and coaches have been terrible for years.

On 5/3/2021 at 10:58 AM, Koko said:

Ok, seriously. What the &#%$ is with this trend of QBs suddenly deciding that they should be involved in personnel decisions.

The NBA is so awful in every conceivable way, it's actually now harming other sports.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

That really depends. Right now it’s all spin coming from the Packers org.

Consider: playing with a top QB is a *huge* recruiting tool for a front office, and a great way to get players to come at a discount to ring hunt.

The Packers were very likely plugging playing with Rodgers as a perk of playing there. Players talk. They actively recruit other players to join them.

When players contacted Aaron, he simply told them the truth. There’s nothing wrong with that. In fact, it’s pretty admirable if what the team was using as a selling point was untrue.

Rodgers wanted a new contract. Seems like it would be more easily affordable for the team if no free agents wanted to sign. Regardless, it seems as if he was actively working against his own team.

While it would seem advisable for coaches to consult their players regarding some things it is not advisable to let the players dictate to management. Management looks at the big, long term picture and that is not something that players seem to care much about. They seem to only be able to see as far as their next contract.  

Alaska Darin
16 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Management looks at the big, long term picture and that is not something that players seem to care much about. They seem to only be able to see as far as their next contract.  

There's a big correlation between those two things...and it goes back to the very beginning of the "paid athlete."  Management sees loyalty as a one-way street...and the players react in kind.

I'm curious as to how much of this story is essentially "media driven speculation" and how much is on Rodgers or the organization. 

26 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

... I'm curious as to how much of this story is essentially "media driven speculation" and how much is on Rodgers or the organization. 

Whatever the truth of the matter is, it is quickly turning into a he said/she said thing, much like the crap show in Houston and there are no winners in that game.

IDBillzFan
6 hours ago, Robs House said:

I've never been a Rodgers fan, but I feel inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point.

I liked Rogers early in his GB career, and while I watched his personality overcome the quality of his play, the one thing I will always appreciate about him is his damn-near ballet-like moves in the pocket while feeling pressure. He and Wilson are two of the absolutely best at it and up until recently, I've always wished the Bills had a QB who could move around the pressure like him.

Edited by IDBillzFan

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I liked Rogers early in his GB career, and while I watched his personality overcome the quality of his play, the one thing I will always appreciate about him is his damn-near ballet-like moves in the pocket while feeling pressure. He and Wilson are two of the absolutely best at it and up until recently, I've always wished the Bills had a QB who could move around the pressure like him.

I will never get over not having a pick to draft him as he was sliding down the board.  I was just dying sitting there watching it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I've always wished the Bills had a QB who could move around the pressure like him.

If the Bills hadn't mortgaged their 2005 draft pick to select JP Losman in 2004...

13 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I will never get over not having a pick to draft him as he was sliding down the board.  I was just dying sitting there watching it.

This is why the Losman pick was the worst draft day move ever.  It was pure panic and killed the team for more than a decade.