Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills 2021 UDFA's

Bills Fans

Uncle Joe
38 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Not bad speed for a big kid.  

"Morris was a heavy receiver coming out, and Bowling Green moved him to tight end early in his career."

8 minutes ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

This thread seems like the most appropriate place to reveal my first crack at the 53-man roster. The names of my 5 gameday inactive players are in double parentheses:

K (1): Bass

P (1): Haack

LS (1): Ferguson

QB (3): Allen, Trubisky, ((Fromm))

RB (4): Singletary, Moss, Breida, Jones

WR (7): Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, Davis, McKenzie, Stevenson, ((Hodgins))

TE (2): Knox, Hollister

T (4): Dawkins, Daryl Williams, Brown, ((Doyle))

G (3): Ford, Feliciano, Boettger

C (2): Morse, Bates

DT (4): Oliver, Lotulelei, Butler, Phillips

DE (7): Hughes, Obada, Addison, Epenesa, Darryl Johnson, ((Rousseau)), ((Basham))

LB (5): Edmunds, Milano, Klein, Dodson, Matakevich

S (4): Hyde, Poyer, Jaquan Johnson, Hamlin

CB (5): White, Wallace, Taron Johnson, Neal, Jackson

Bills Draft Picks Projected To Practice Squad (3): Sweeney, Anderson, Wildgoose.

Other Roster Players On Outside Looking In (22): Webb, Wade, Antonio Williams, Gentry, Kumerow, Powell, Duke Williams, Gilliam, Becker, Hart, Douglas, Devey, Lamp, Bryant, Zimmer, Love, Cox, Lee, Smith, Adams (Tyrell…not me), Thomas, Lewis.

Unconfirmed UDFA Signings At Time Of This Post (6): Walker, Morris, Tuitele, Thompson, McCloud, Griffin.

Open Roster Spots At Time Of This Post (7): Seven. Note that it’s a 90-man roster for training camp, plus the Christian Wade exception to make it 91.

Kay’s Takeaways:

1. Like everyone else is saying, it’s going to be unusually difficult this season for UDFA’s to make Buffalo’s roster (assuming no major injuries…). This becomes quite evident when you actually sit down and put together a full roster prediction like this one!

2. My roster is a bit lopsided in favor of DE’s and against TE’s. Are the Eagles interested in Addison, by any chance? An Addison for Zach Ertz trade sure would be lovely!

3. A veteran CB opposite White sure would be nice too. Richard Sherman??

4. I wanted one elite o-lineman and one elite pass rusher this offseason in order to keep up with KC, but then again who doesn’t? These types of players don’t just grow on trees…but apparently drafted multiple OL/DL prospects that are as tall as trees… Hopefully at least one or two will blossom in Buffalo. I penciled in Ford, Feliciano, Obada, and Lotulelei as starters even though each of them carries major question marks into training camp.

5. Over the past four drafts, Brandon Beane has now spent SIX top-100 overall draft picks on front-7 defensive players. All six are either unproven or underperforming to some extent. Aside from drafting Allen, THIS will be his legacy. The development of these players will likely determine whether or not we reach the level of KC and TB.

That's not entirely correct, point 5. Milano is a stud. Horrible Harry isn't AWFUL. Neither is Edmunds really. 

• Like 1

This CB from USC is drawing high marks. Evidently he's undersized. Maybe that's a trend with USC CB's and the Bills. It's worked out before. 

• Like 3

SBChamps2021
On 5/1/2021 at 8:26 PM, Hedge said:

image.png.471c7592af9b43d19a120b8e8a050304.png

Quintin is A very intriguing prospect. Good size, good hands. Very under the radar. He may push for a roster spot if Sweeny isn't 100%.  We'll see if Josh's reunion with Hollister has an impact, but Knox drops are all to common and we need a more dynamic weapon at TE. Hopefully a diamond in the rough is uncovered.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

His 40 time was 4.58.  This could be a really interesting signing.

Highlights were impressive.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GG1 said:

Highlights were impressive.  

It’s a shame he can’t seem to catch a pass without scoring a TD. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Haha 1

Fansince88
18 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

His 40 time was 4.58.  This could be a really interesting signing.

Could quite possibly be the UDFA to watch for Buffalo. Position of need and he can catch. We shall soon see.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nanker said:

It’s a shame he can’t seem to catch a pass without scoring a TD. 

What the hell, what if you only need a 1st down?

14 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

What the hell, what if you only need a 1st down?

I know. Guess you just have to take the 6. 

7 hours ago, Nanker said:

I know. Guess you just have to take the 6. 

Actually there is a circumstance when a first down is preferable. Back more than several years ago the Bills were ahead by 1 point needing a first down to ice the game. I believe it was a RB (Antowain Smith maybe) broke free and scored a TD, giving them an 8 point lead. There was enough time for the other team to come back and tie the game up. They didn't but it was obvious that he should have gone down pulled a Mead before scoring. 

• 2 weeks later...