Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

NHL

Foxx

On 12/29/2021 at 11:29 AM, Taro T said:

Actually, it was more accurate than you realize.  The sanity is coming back, but it literally is only creeping back, and not very successfully in some places.

The arrogance of the world's political leadership has been on full display for over 2 years.  How anyone votes for lefties not named Tulsi Gabbard is beyond comprehension.

You are not stopping a virus by not living your life/blindly obeying these pariahs.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, B-Man said:

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2022/02/14/jack-eichel-to-make-vegas-golden-knights-debut-wednesday-vs-colorado-avalanche/

‘Jack Eichel to make Golden Knights debut Wednesday vs. Avalanche’

Back in Buffalo next month.  I'm sure he'll get a rousing welcome from all 3k fans in attendance.

53 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Back in Buffalo next month.  I'm sure he'll get a rousing welcome from all 3k fans in attendance.

Really don't know what the welcome will be.  Personally, don't believe that Adams wanted to keep him in Buffalo from day 1, so don't really see the issue as "Jack wanted out, FTG."  They both wanted the divorce by the time it happened.  As as with most divorces, it's the kids (fans) that suffer.

Personally will politely cheer him when announced & when he receives the obligatory video tribute.  Won't boo.  But won't cheer wildly & want him to get 0 points and be ~ a -5 on the night.

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Really don't know what the welcome will be.  Personally, don't believe that Adams wanted to keep him in Buffalo from day 1, so don't really see the issue as "Jack wanted out, FTG."  They both wanted the divorce by the time it happened.  As as with most divorces, it's the kids (fans) that suffer.

Personally will politely cheer him when announced & when he receives the obligatory video tribute.  Won't boo.  But won't cheer wildly & want him to get 0 points and be ~ a -5 on the night.

I have no animosity for Jack.  I'm just bummed we screwed up everything that was in place and he got caught up in it. 

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

You’re probably being facetious, but he wouldn’t really warrant a video tribute, would he?

19 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

You’re probably being facetious, but he wouldn’t really warrant a video tribute, would he?

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get one.  Expect Reinhart will get 1 too.

They normally do one when key guys that have moved on play their 1st game back.

Tuch got 1 from Vegas.

BTW, am referring to a 20-30 second bit during a TV timeout; not a pregame ceremony or anything that elaborate.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I have no idea what's happening here, but it kinda makes me wish I followed hockey.

That top one was the aftermath of the Neil hit on Drury back in the '06-'07 season.

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Like when I used to coach little kids.  Every once in awhile the puck would squirt out and just fall into the feet of the worst skater (20 feet away from the action) out there, who was inevitably end up on his ass from surprise/excitement/lack of ability.

Then the tiny "riot" would get there and we'd start all over again.

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Couple of months back Jankowski set himself up on a breakaway & got IIRC his 1st goal of the season on a similar play.  Huge scrum by the Sabres bench & only 2 guys still playing actual hockey w/ the puck deep in the other team's zone.

56 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Couple of months back Jankowski set himself up on a breakaway & got IIRC his 1st goal of the season on a similar play.  Huge scrum by the Sabres bench & only 2 guys still playing actual hockey w/ the puck deep in the other team's zone.

And wasn’t a linesman or two actually in that scrum attempting to break it up?

2 minutes ago, shrader said:

And wasn’t a linesman or two actually in that scrum attempting to break it up?

Yep.  All those guys in the scrum had figured the whistle had blown.  Only, it hadn't.

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Yep.  All those guys in the scrum had figured the whistle had blown.  Only, it hadn't.

Any ref/linesman who intervenes while play is still ongoing needs to sit out a couple games and miss a paycheck. 

1 minute ago, shrader said:

Any ref/linesman who intervenes while play is still ongoing needs to sit out a couple games and miss a paycheck. 

You new to NHL hockey?  😛

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...