Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Rookie Minicamp: May 14-16

Hedge

NFL Rookie Minicamps 2021

As the name indicates, NFL rookie minicamps usually see a team’s group of rookies getting ingrained with their new system during the designated dates. However, teams usually invite several unsigned players to “try out.” These players serve a dual role. They provide opposing players for the rookies to go up against, and they are auditioning for a place on the team’s roster.

What makes rookie minicamps so valuable is that players can get meaningful insight into the team they were drafted by. This often starts in the classroom, where rookies can watch film and learn crucial elements from the team’s coaching staff. The classroom element can be replicated in virtual sessions.

Once rookies complete film sessions, they head out onto the field. Outside, the coaching staff puts them through their paces.

5 "tryout" players will be allowed to attend the rookie minicamp this year.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Spartacus
21 minutes ago, Hedge said:

weekly testing for vaccinated players

The NFL does  not expect the vaccine to work?

4 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

weekly testing for vaccinated players

The NFL does  not expect the vaccine to work?

Show me where somebody is claiming 100% vaccine efficacy?

Robs House

The NFL knows the COVID threat is about as serious a concern as acid rain at this point, but they have to cater to the Chicken Little crowd for PR purposes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robs House said:

The NFL knows the COVID threat is about as serious a concern as acid rain at this point, but they have to cater to the Chicken Little crowd for PR purposes.

I think from a team oriented pro athletes perspective, especially a rookie. Time missed from any part of the process can mean the difference between making it in the NFL in some instances and not IMO. Time missed from getting sick can be lengthy and when you get other players sick it becomes the whole teams problem.

As a player how can you not take it seriously.

With all due respect @Robs House

Edited by Figster
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Have they ordered some Extra-Long mattresses ?

😇

Are they going to the mattresses this soon?

Spartacus
8 hours ago, GG1 said:

Show me where somebody is claiming 100% vaccine efficacy?

so even with a vaccine that's 95% effective, you are fine with wearing a mask and undergoing testing till the end of time

why get the jab?

without the vaccine, you have a >97% survival rate with no mask or test

3 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

so even with a vaccine that's 95% effective, you are fine with wearing a mask and undergoing testing till the end of time

why get the jab?

without the vaccine, you have a >97% survival rate with no mask or test

@AnnWhere's the shifting goal post emoji when you need one?

Never mind the mind-blowing misuse of statistics that would make Mark Twain doing cartwheels in his grave.

BTW, are you suggesting that this bug has a 3% mortality rate, because it surely looks that way.

Edited by GG1

1 hour ago, Ann said:

He must have been red shirted for 1 season. Then had 2 extra years given to him due to injuries (which I think is the max for injuries). Then with COVID, the NCAA extended everyone’s eligibility for an additional year, for anyone (even seniors) that wanted it.

• Like 1

After the schedule release, this mini-camp will be next up for fun.

Also, not rookie related, but the staff doing due their diligence:

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

And before rookie mini-camp kicks off, it's picture day:

Well, I'm just happy that whenever I hear, "Holding, Number 79 offense, 10 yard penalty..." I can go back to screaming "DAMNIT RUEBEN" at the TV. It's been awhile.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Koko said:

Well, I'm just happy that whenever I hear, "Holding, Number 79 offense, 10 yard penalty..." I can go back to screaming "DAMNIT RUEBEN" at the TV. It's been awhile.

"DAMNIT BROWN" will suffice.

Deranged Rhino
47 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Have we gotten a picture of ALL the draftees together yet ?

There’s not a wide enough lens to fit them all in frame — last I heard they were waiting to retask Hubble to do it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2