Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Tim Tebow officially signs contract with Jacksonville Jaguars

You Dirty Rat

You Dirty Rat

Commentary: Will Tim Tebow make a difference for Jaguars?

The public reaction to the news that Tim Tebow would sign a contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars to play tight end didn't cause the Jags to get cold feet. Tebow is officially part of the club.

The QB-turned-TE inked his contract Thursday morning, the team announced, and will join his teammates for offseason workouts.

"I want to thank the Jaguars for the opportunity to compete and earn the chance to be part of this team," Tebow said in a statement. "I know it will be a challenge, but it is a challenge I embrace. I am dedicated to taking the direction of our coaching staff and learning from my teammates. I appreciate everyone's support as I embark on this new journey."

Jacksonville officially begins OTA workouts on Monday.

https://www.nfl.com/news/tim-tebow-officially-signs-contract-with-jacksonville-jaguars

• Like 1

You Dirty Rat

I am pulling for the guy. If he somehow makes the team the media hype will be huge....:popcorn2:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hedge said:

spaceballsmoney.gif?w=920

I swear they had those jerseys up the second he finished the "w" when signing his contract.

It is a long shot, but I hope he makes it.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
On 5/21/2021 at 1:32 PM, Norm said:

I am pulling for the guy. If he somehow makes the team the media hype will be huge....:popcorn2:

I think the NFL is a better league with Tim Tebow in it.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 months later...

I dont know why people still give this guy so much sh-t. Is he getting extra looks because of his name and draw? Yes. HOWEVER...if there is one thing thats clear, the guy puts the work in and isnt afraid to eat dirt. He tried out for baseball and yes...got a spot based on his name. But kept his mouth shut, rode the pine and the proverbial bus in the Mets' minor league system for years. That didnt work out and now hes trying out for the Jags. Again, got the spot, but he walks into camp in great shape and takes a 5th level spot at a different position just to try and make the team and play the game.

To borrow the phrase, he's "humble and hungry" and Ill always root for athletes like that. Other athletes trying to get back into the sport (K-K-Kap..ah forget it) could learn a thing or two watching TT.

Edited by RkFast
  • Like 4
  • FANtastic 1

Alaska Darin
5 hours ago, RkFast said:

I dont know why people still give this guy so much sh-t. Is he getting extra looks because of his name and draw? Yes. HOWEVER...if there is one thing thats clear, the guy puts the work in and isnt afraid to eat dirt. He tried out for baseball and yes...got a spot based on his name. But kept his mouth shut, rode the pine and the proverbial bus in the Mets' minor league system for years. That didnt work out and now hes trying out for the Jags. Again, got the spot, but he walks into camp in great shape and takes a 5th level spot at a different position just to try and make the team and play the game.

To borrow the phrase, he's "humble and hungry" and Ill always root for athletes like that. Other athletes trying to get back into the sport (K-K-Kap..ah forget it) could learn a thing or two watching TT.

There's never been anything wrong with Tebow.  He's a good dude that the media loves to tear down because he seems to good to be true.  Heaven forbid someone be a white Christian with ethics and values.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2
  • FANtastic 1

• 2 weeks later...

Um. Not sure how I feel about this. He arrived in great shape with a great attitude. The Jaguars sold a ton of merchandise because of him. This just feels like the Jaguars gained a lot more from him than he from them. Hopefully he finds his way onto some other team with less depth at the TE position.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Reading the "usual suspects" crowing about his release is discouraging.

Tebow is the perfect foil for the low-knowledge fruit that is the NFL fan who thinks he's NFL smart because he successfully predicts players who will fail at a sport where they only have a 1.6% chance of success. Hell, the NFL says you have a .02% chance of making it four years in the league.

Now factor in his faith, and you end up with the bottom feeders of NFL fans. Lazy. Intolerant. And smarter than everyone else in their basement.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Tebow is the perfect foil for the low-knowledge fruit that is the NFL fan who thinks he's NFL smart because he successfully predicts players who will fail at a sport where they only have a 1.6% chance of success. Hell, the NFL says you have a .02% chance of making it four years in the league.

Now factor in his faith, and you end up with the bottom feeders of NFL fans. Lazy. Intolerant. And smarter than everyone else in their basement.

You could have just said the majority of loudmouths ATOP

• Like 1