Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

[Edited: AFCE Champs] The Bills current chances of making the playoffs ...

Ann

11 hours ago, Ann said:

Oh shesh, I hope it does not come down to week 17... I hope they click before that:

It shouldn't. I think the bills win 5 of their final 8 games. No way the fish get to 12.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joe said:

It shouldn't. I think the bills win 5 of their final 8 games. No way the fish get to 12.

If they win the ones they should (Arizona, SD (LA, whatever), Denver, banged up SF in Buffalo, & NE) then yeah, the Fishies won't catch 'em even if they ruin the perfect 6-0.  They likely blow 1 of them but that still would get them to 11.  And w/ the Stealers at home, the Bills could steal that 1 like they did last year.  (So what that they played the Duck.  The Bills took it to them in their house.)

I get it that the Cards are coming off a tough L at home but the Bills just played their most complete game of the year.

Fun season so far.

• Like 1

Just now, Taro T said:

If they win the ones they should (Arizona, SD (LA, whatever), Denver, banged up SF in Buffalo, & NE) then yeah, the Fishies won't catch 'em even if they ruin the perfect 6-0.  They likely blow 1 of them but that still would get them to 11.  And w/ the Stealers at home, the Bills could steal that 1 like they did last year.  (So what that they played the Duck.  The Bills took it to them in their house.)

I get it that the Cards are coming off a tough L at home but the Bills just played their most complete game of the year.

Fun season so far.

SF is in SF.

Just now, Joe said:

SF is in SF.

:doh:. Yep.  But unless Kittle & a bunch of others are back, it still should go the good guys' way.

• Like 1

From NFL.com article on division winners........starting to get some respect.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2020-nfl-playoff-predictions-at-midseason-division-champions-wild-cards

AFC EAST CHAMPS

Rank
Buffalo Bills
Buffalo Bills
7-2-0

(26 votes: Baldinger, Battista, Bergman, Bhanpuri, Blair, Brandt, Casserly, Cersosimo, Chadiha, Filice, Goodbread, Grant, Hall, Jones-Drew, Lewis, Mariucci, Parr, Patra, Pioli, Rank, Rosenthal, Ross, Sessler, Shook, Thomas, Zierlein)

2. Miami Dolphins (2 votes: Carr, Trotter)

Why Maurice Jones-Drew chose the Bills: It's simple: The Bills have the most complete team in the division. They are pretty much unstoppable offensively when young quarterback Josh Allen plays at a high level, and Sean McDermott's opportunistic defense regularly puts the team in position to win.

Edited by Just Joshin
  • Like 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
On 11/9/2020 at 8:03 PM, Ann said:

I will remind you that the last time we discussed this, the Bills went on a two game losing streak, and their odds of making the playoffs plummeted to exactly zero point zero percent.

Why are you doing this to me?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I will remind you that the last time we discussed this, the Bills went on a two game losing streak, and their odds of making the playoffs plummeted to exactly zero point zero percent.

Why are you doing this to me?

at no point did their odds drop to 0.0 lol

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
2 minutes ago, Joe said:

at no point did their odds drop to 0.0 lol

You’re right.  The odds were probably even less.

• Doh! 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Joe said:

I have to believe that the Tua hype will tail off once teams have more tape on him and can game plan accordingly.

What I don't know about is the Fish defense, which I'm told is ranked pretty highly in terms of points allowed. What I *think* I noticed watching them last night is their DL looks much smaller than ours. I understand that means they would be faster, but it Cards seemed to do a good job running against that line and I wonder how that will play come Week 17.

That said, literally no one knows who will be where and in what condition come that game, so it's back to hitting the ball that's in front of you, which is Arizona.

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
28 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I have to believe that the Tua hype will tail off once teams have more tape on him and can game plan accordingly.

What I don't know about is the Fish defense, which I'm told is ranked pretty highly in terms of points allowed. What I *think* I noticed watching them last night is their DL looks much smaller than ours. I understand that means they would be faster, but it Cards seemed to do a good job running against that line and I wonder how that will play come Week 17.

That said, literally no one knows who will be where and in what condition come that game, so it's back to hitting the ball that's in front of you, which is Arizona.

For me, this really highlighted how differently the national sports media covers Buffalo compared to other teams.

Despite obvious improvements, and massive strides taken both as an individual (Josh) and as a team, over his first two seasons, including a playoff appearance, and into his third season where we’re sitting at 7-2 and he has to be considered an MVP candidate; Josh still doesn’t get respect as a top quarterback in the league.

Tua, on the other hand, has exactly one *decent* game; and they’re anointing him “The Next Big Thing”.

It’s hilarious.

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

For me, this really highlighted how differently the national sports media covers Buffalo compared to other teams.

The thing about national sports media that I learned too late in life is that to get and keep an audience, they have to first appeal to as many people as possible (which doesn't favor Buffalo as a demographic), but they also have to stick to the Adam Schein principle of sports discussion. Everything is either the most amazing, incredible, simply spectacular top-of-the-line put-a-big-red-bow on it (fill in the blank) or it's the most embarrassing, horrific, irresponsible, no excuses, inhumane (fill in the blank).

Throw bombs in at both extremes and let people fight it out in the middle.

To accentuate this point, I take you to a few weeks ago, driving my son to school, and a caller is taking issue with Schein's position that Tabasco is the best hot sauce. Schein goes into this rant how, yes, Franks and other such hot sauces are okay, but for his money, Tabasco is simply unrivaled in every regard, whether you're putting it on scrambled eggs, or even his vegetables, there is NO WAY Schein goes anywhere without what is inexplicably the single greatest condiment known to mankind in any era.

My son says "He talks like that about everything, doesn't he?"

Yep.

It wasn't that big of a deal until actual news reporters started taking the same tact with politics.

• Like 1

I'd like a rematch to Tennessee.  I don't think it would be any easier or that we would beat them but we did not play well.  We had no heart, no emotion, no character. It was pathetic. 

I'd love a chance to take down Baltimore. They're not that good.

The Steelers are a well balanced team and about on par with the overall ability to our team. I think they can play better and do more than KC. The Steelers seem to have an identity, the Chiefs do not.

It is because of this, in the 20 minutes I've watched football this year, that KC won't repeat unless they begin to play with emotion and pride. They're playing high level professional football, executing the game plan well but they're not like Tennessee last year or other teams this year (Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Miami, Arizona) fighting for every yard on every down.

Miami could beat Baltimore for that reason. Miami is playing like they believe they belong. It's on them to prove they're not just pretending.  Baltimore is playing on the laurels of a well coached team playing good football. Good football doesn't win the big games in playoffs but it may get you there.

On the NFC side of the ball you have teams like wherever the Rams are playing and doing trying to fight for a place with little chance of being more than a first round loss if they make it that far.

Teams like Green Bay and Seattle are a lot like KC just playing high level football. Seattle doesn't have the spirit they need to win, there wasn't an identity there Sunday. Green Bay has Aaron Rodgers and a cast of others who clock in every Sunday and win. They have more zest and energy than Seattle but it's not like Tampa who has a bunch of guys who want to prove it as their stars last light is cast upon us. Tampa has to overshadow 97 year old Drew Brees, too. I expect this to be written like the melodramatic soap opera it is and have New Orleans playing someone like KC or Buffalo in the Super Bowl where the old man is facing the young upstart.  Hell, could even be Arizona in the NFCC.  Either way, there isn't anything exciting in the NFC

I didn't address Philadelphia because &#%$ them.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 9:43 PM, CarpetCrawler said:

The Eagles being the #4 seed in the NFC is hilarious.  🤣

But, if ever there was a year to be the top wildcard in the NFC, this is the year.  If the eventual division winner goes on a tear, they MIGHT get to 8 wins.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Not sure the best thread to drop this into, but according to Kevin Massare the Miami game has been flexed to Sunday night:

People have been guessing that this was the Bills last Sunday at 1pm game. Guess they were correct.