Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

[Edited: AFCE Champs] The Bills current chances of making the playoffs ...

Ann

26 minutes ago, Ann said:

People have been guessing that this was the Bills last Sunday at 1pm game. Guess they were correct.

I certainly hope so. I'm so deep in *Patriots country, the only time I see The Bills is when it's a national game. 

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I think it's Dallas that has three division games left, so there's a decent chance they get to six wins.  Then they have the Bengals, Ravens, and Niners.  

So 4-2 in their last six games, and 7-9 to end the season, is definitely possible. 

Can't see them sweeping their division games even though the events are terrible.  Without Prescott they might even manage to go 1-2.  Which would give them 5 wins on the year (Bungles minus Burrow are the Jest but with even uglier unis).

Figure the Iggles have the OUTSIDE shot at 8-8 (or 8-7-1 technically) but am expecting more like 6-9-1.

27 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Figure the Iggles have the OUTSIDE shot at 8-8 (or 8-7-1 technically) but am expecting more like 6-9-1.

The Eagles end their season with the following opponents: Seahawks, Packers, Saints, Cardinals, Cowboys and Redskins.

If they win even one of those games I'd be surprised. Wentz is a white-hot mess.

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

The Eagles end their season with the following opponents: Seahawks, Packers, Saints, Cardinals, Cowboys and Redskins.

If they win even one of those games I'd be surprised. Wentz is a white-hot mess.

The Pokes & Skins could both be W's for them, but yeah, other than those 2 that looks like a setup to do their best Jest imitations.

Buffalo Bills Fan
6 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Right right now they are a mess. With a hard schedule coming up.

1.  Why Tony Romo likes Buffalo as a dark horse contender to make a run in the playoffs

With a win over the Chargers, the Bills improved to 8-3 for the second consecutive season. Since 1990, teams with an 8-3 mark have reached the playoffs 92 percent of the time. With a playoff bid in 2020, it would mark the third time in four years that the Bills would make it into the postseason, but the team is still looking for its first playoff win since 1995. Tony Romo was a guest on The Bill Simmons Podcast late last week and talked about who he thought could be a dark horse contender make a Super Bowl run.

</snip>

2. Andre Roberts' impact on the Bills offense
3. Eye discipline is key for this Bills defense

• Like 1

I'm hopeful that Bills are keeping tabs on Dontari Poe's workouts as he gets back in shape.  He could be the missing link between a long run or an early exit.

5 minutes ago, GG1 said:

I'm hopeful that Bills are keeping tabs on Dontari Poe's workouts as he gets back in shape.  He could be the missing link between a long run or an early exit.

Has he been working out for teams?  If he could play the "Star" role and take on double teams to allow players like Oliver and Edmunds to thrive that would be huge.

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Has he been working out for teams?  If he could play the "Star" role and take on double teams to allow players like Oliver and Edmunds to thrive that would be huge.

He said he wanted to take some time to get back in shape and join a team for the playoff run.  It's been a month since his release.  He'll be in heavy demand if he gets fit.

• Like 1

Just now, GG1 said:

He said he wanted to take some time to get back in shape and join a team for the playoff run.  It's been a month since his release.  He'll be in heavy demand if he gets fit.

Interesting.  The fact he wasn't in shape in the first place doesn't seem to fit the McBeane culture but if we get gashed on the ground against SF it may force their hand.

9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Interesting.  The fact he wasn't in shape in the first place doesn't seem to fit the McBeane culture but if we get gashed on the ground against SF it may force their hand.

I'm guessing that's why he wasn't picked up in October, but if he gets into shape will be a valuable piece for any playoff team.

45 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Well, not in shape, or not in game shape?

There's a difference.

40 minutes ago, Koko said:

Well, not in shape, or not in game shape?

There's a difference.

Jerry Jones said he was 30 pounds overweight and wasn't doing anything to help himself perform on the field so take that for what it's worth.

9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Jerry Jones said he was 30 pounds overweight and wasn't doing anything to help himself perform on the field so take that for what it's worth.

I just came back from the grocery store and say a rag that had a prime cover  story on Hillary. Claimed she’s gained 97 lbs. and weighs about 300 lbs. now. 

Not sure if she can play 1 technique, but would love to see her tryout. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Haha 2

Billsandhorns
4 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I just came back from the grocery store and say a rag that had a prime cover  story on Hillary. Claimed she’s gained 97 lbs. and weighs about 300 lbs. now. 

Not sure if she can play 1 technique, but would love to see her tryout. 

She probably could never get back up form the stance 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

That's usually when the wheels fall completely off.

I remember hearing James Lofton on the radio - I think it was with Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller - and the quote came up, "they control their own destiny." Lofton said, "why don't they say that back in September? Nobody says it then." I thought it was hilarious. 

• Like 2