Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills Training Camp Starts Wednesday, July 28th

Ann

Camp Countdown 2021 | 3 positions to watch at training camp
Maddy Glab

As the Buffalo Bills begin training camp and continue to prepare for the 2021 season, there are a few positions to keep an eye on. Every position group will have competition, but even beyond that there are several storylines to follow for the tight ends, cornerbacks and running backs. 

</snip>

Camp Countdown 2021 | 3 potential breakout players on offense

... Isaiah Hodgins

Isaiah Hodgins' rookie season did not go as he planned. After coming off of a career-high collegiate season in 2019 where he had 86 receptions for 1,171 yards and 13 touchdowns, Hodgins spent his first year as a pro sidelined with a shoulder injury. While he couldn't play at all in 2020, the season wasn't a lost cause for Hodgins. He learned valuable information and was able to tackle the mental side of the wide receiver position while recovering.

"Just learning the offense more to where now I have the confidence that I know every position," Hodgins said on One Bills Live. "I have some tools that I didn't have last year that I learned from just watching and sitting back last year. So, I feel like taking that step back, I didn't want to do it but it kind of helped me in the long run."

Now getting a taste for a true NFL offseason program, Hodgins has been medically cleared and will start training camp without the red non-contact jersey. He has impressed his teammates so far with some of the plays he has made during mandatory minicamp. The Bills might have a secret weapon on their hands if the 6-3 wide receiver can lineup at any position for the offense.

Since he has been in the league, he has had a number of talented veteran wide receivers that he could lean on for advice. Having Stefon Diggs, Cole Beasley and Emmanuel Sanders in one room will continue to help Hodgins learn the steps it takes to be a pro. Hodgins' father, a former NFL fullback and Super Bowl champion, has also been there to guide his son through his early NFL career. If Hodgins can put it all together and stay healthy this season, he will thrive in this pass-heavy Bills offense.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

This last question would be nice to get.

5 biggest questions headed into Buffalo Bills training camp

... Can the Buffalo Bills steal the first-round bye from the Kansas City Chiefs?

The Buffalo Bills losses last year were such an anomaly of the team played for most of the year. Two blowout losses and one Hail Mary were the reason why the Bills didn’t get the only first-round bye in the AFC. Of course, it went to the Chiefs and the rest is history.

To get past the Chiefs, the Bills need to get this first-round bye and home-field advantage away from Chiefs Kingdom and give Bills Mafia a reason to be going crazy in western New York winter. In any sport, sleeping in your own bed and not having to travel is an underrated benefit.  Buffalo could really use that to their advantage if the Chiefs had to go on the road.

Patrick Mahomes hasn’t played gone on the road for a playoff game yet (except the Super Bowls he’s played in). I have no doubt the Bills fans would be roaring and making Mahomes’ communication with his team a nightmare.

The Bills star player would still need to show up and earn the win, but a home AFCCG would do wonders.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

On 7/16/2021 at 10:50 AM, Hitbyaparkedcar said:

Considering going on Saturday. I haven't been to one since the late 80's in Fredonia.

What the hey... I just ordered the tickets, should be fun. Easy to get, even for my chuckle head self.

Take photos and share!! Last time I went was 2019 (duh) and I took a boatload of pictures.

Hitbyaparkedcar
22 minutes ago, Ann said:

Take photos and share!! Last time I went was 2019 (duh) and I took a boatload of pictures.

Will do. It's 50\50 if we make it there. I'll know for sure next week...

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 7:50 AM, Hitbyaparkedcar said:

Considering going on Saturday. I haven't been to one since the late 80's in Fredonia.

What the hey... I just ordered the tickets, should be fun. Easy to get, even for my chuckle head self.

Watch out for parked cars, oh, and sign holders, I hear they are the new menace to travelers.

• Haha 1

Hitbyaparkedcar
13 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Watch out for parked cars, oh, and sign holders, I hear they are the new menace to travelers.

They're everywhere, and I can't seem to avoid them. Its like a magnet. Think Frasier and the mailbox during the bike marathon episode...

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1