Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

RIP Eugene Marve

You Dirty Rat

Alaska Darin

One of the better players on some of the worst teams in BILLS' history (Kay Stephenson).  He then went on to Tampa and played on horrible teams there, coached by Ray Perkins and I think Richard Williamson. 

His last season he was a bit player for the Chargers, who lost to the Dolphins in the playoffs.  The BILLS went to Joe Robbie the following week and hammered the Fish in the AFC Championship, a game I'll always affectionately remember as "The Screen Game".  One of my all time favorite football moments happened in that game.  Dan Marino, sitting on his ass around midfield, looking over at the Fish sideline in total bewilderment because of how much he was getting drilled.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

On 5/26/2021 at 6:40 PM, Alaska Darin said:

One of the better players on some of the worst teams in BILLS' history (Kay Stephenson).  He then went on to Tampa and played on horrible teams there, coached by Ray Perkins and I think Richard Williamson. 

His last season he was a bit player for the Chargers, who lost to the Dolphins in the playoffs.  The BILLS went to Joe Robbie the following week and hammered the Fish in the AFC Championship, a game I'll always affectionately remember as "The Screen Game".  One of my all time favorite football moments happened in that game.  Dan Marino, sitting on his ass around midfield, looking over at the Fish sideline in total bewilderment because of how much he was getting drilled.

That game cost Tom Olivadotti his job.  Marv, after the game presser, “Can you say ‘screen play?’ ” Everyone howled. 
RIP Eugene.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stuvian said:

too bad he missed our great run with Marv Levy

Imagine Eugene Marve and Marvcus Patton playing for Marv.  

3 hours ago, GG1 said:

Imagine Eugene Marve and Marvcus Patton playing for Marv.  

That would have been marvelous.