Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Josh Allen Worked on In-Breaking Routes >15 Yards this Off Season

Foxx

NCBillsFan

A burning and inextinguishable desire to constantly improve is an indispensable character trait of the best of the best.  Josh certainly has this trait and we are all excited to see it manifest with an even better season in 2021.  Love this kid. 

• Like 4
  • Cheers 4
  • FANtastic 1

Seasons1992

Is it wrong to admit that while I was at my kid's 8th grade graduation this morning, I was thinking about Josh F. Allen and the SB?

Do I have a problem?

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NCBillsFan said:

A burning and inextinguishable desire to constantly improve is an indispensable character trait of the best of the best.  Josh certainly has this trait and we are all excited to see it manifest with an even better season in 2021.  Love this kid. 

Never mind that it's the QB who's looking to improve on a pass that hits his WR squarely in the hands.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, GG1 said:

Never mind that it's the QB who's looking to improve on a pass that hits his WR squarely in the hands.

As Josh told Diggs,  - - just get open  and catch the ball.

looking to improve

replace the players running routes that can't catch the ball  

5 hours ago, NCBillsFan said:

I've never heard of a QB making this type of effort to refine parts of his game each off season.

• Haha 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
On 5/27/2021 at 11:49 AM, Hedge said:

Wait, Josh only had 10 interceptions all season. Cover 1 is saying that out of 572 passes, less than 40 were in-breaking routes? And it had to be far less than 40, because I know he had interceptions on other types of routes.

I am skeptical.

5 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Wait, Josh only had 10 interceptions all season. Cover 1 is saying that out of 572 passes, less than 40 were in-breaking routes? And it had to be far less than 40, because I know he had interceptions on other types of routes.

I am skeptical.

From the other post, they say he attempted 72 in breaking route throws.

So, yes, something there must be off to make the #'s work.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 11:58 AM, Seasons1992 said:

Is it wrong to admit that while I was at my kid's 8th grade graduation this morning, I was thinking about Josh F. Allen and the SB?

Do I have a problem?

Not at all.  Those things generally run way too long and your mental health is bolstered by other interesting thoughts.  All of course while respecting the accomplishments of 8th graders. 

Seasons1992
On 5/29/2021 at 8:18 PM, Ninety-4 said:

Not at all.  Those things generally run way too long and your mental health is bolstered by other interesting thoughts.  All of course while respecting the accomplishments of 8th graders. 

It was 45 minutes.

You've confirmed I have a problem. 😄

• Haha 1

Alaska Darin
On 5/27/2021 at 11:58 AM, Seasons1992 said:

Do I have a problem?

Society has the problem.  The fact that there's an "8th Grade Graduation" tells us all we need to know.  Like, congrats kids on doing something literally everyone who survived through 8th grade accomplished. 

No reason to wonder why recent generations can't handle even minimal adversity.

• Like 4
  • FANtastic 1

Fansince88
10 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Society has the problem.  The fact that there's an "8th Grade Graduation" tells us all we need to know.  Like, congrats kids on doing something literally everyone who survived through 8th grade accomplished. 

No reason to wonder why recent generations can't handle even minimal adversity.

I was promoted to the following grade from K-11. I graduated 12th. That was it. That was all I needed. Also, I never received a trophy for trying. Our lines went from tallest to shortest. I was nearly last. I was not often offended by it and when I was nobody cared. In fact the teacher would have said man up. We have failed the last few generations.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I was promoted to the following grade from K-11. I graduated 12th. That was it. That was all I needed. Also, I never received a trophy for trying. Our lines went from tallest to shortest. I was nearly last. I was not often offended by it and when I was nobody cared. In fact the teacher would have said man up. We have failed the last few generations.

You missed out not having a kindergarten graduation. I remember it like I remember the back of my hand. :sarcasm:

This stuff didn't just start with my generation having children.

Fansince88
16 minutes ago, Ann said:

You missed out not having a kindergarten graduation. I remember it like I remember the back of my hand. :sarcasm:

I started grade school in '75. The school I went to still skips all that. 

I don't remember much about finishing 8th grade other than the metal shop teacher saying something like "good luck next year gentlemen, and don't forget you'll be on the bottom rung of the ladder." 

2 hours ago, Ann said:

i could understand a kindergarden graduation more than an 8th grade graduation.  kindergarden is for most children their first step into the wide world without their parents.  and the first step is always the hardest. 

8th grade graduation on the other hand, is a glorified 7th inning stretch