Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hunting & Fishing Thread

Ann

I found an old cemetery while out exploring some public ground with the rifle this past weekend. Most of the markers dated from between the 1880’s and 1940’s but there was one as recent as the 2000’s which was the daughter of the people she was buried next to. It was pretty cool, but also kinda creepy to be walking through the woods and see a bunch of headstones through the trees. 

• Like 2

I hunt and fish.  I have a compound bow, crossbow, muzzleloader, shotguns and rifles.  Like to hunt all the seasons and hunt for the meat, not the trophy.

like to fish for bass but I like shore fishing on vacation more

• Like 1

Little update. Saw 8 total last weekend. 2 bucks. 1 smaller one that gave me time to shoot him about 5 times....but I let him walk.. 1 rack that did not. Seem to be hooked again for another season. here we go

• Like 2

I fish. I bought a 21’ boat when I lived in Princeton and kept it on the Raritan bay. Caught a lot of Stripers, some Blues, Fluke, and Flounder. 

Still have the boat here on Cape Cod , but the fishing on the Vineyard Sound is not as good as on the Raritan. 

Did some fly fishing while in NJ. But haven’t broken out the gear here yet. 

• Like 3

Hubby just put some empty doe pee vials in the dishwasher.  :yuck:  Now, the dishwasher operates on a sanitize mode that is basically boiling water, but yuck. I feel like doing them in a load all alone.

Looks like he's gearing up for hunting season.  Crossbow starts Saturday (he does not bow hunt).

I am in Texas now but I have not worried about getting a license to hunt.  Rifle season just started.

In NY the deer are a nuisance.  Before being in Texas during deer season, I could literally walk about 25 yards behind the house and fill my tags.  A few years ago shot a buck from my deck in my PJs.  However, NYS believes there are not many deep in 9P so they limit the number of DMU tags.  I have 25+ in the field behind my house daily.

• Like 1

My one brother is huge deer hunter and loves fishing. 
Loves ice fishing. 

Oldest brother the fly tier is catch and release fishermen and does not hunt.  

brother Inlaw does some fishing up at loon lake in Franklin county.  

son getting into hunting and fishing in Virginia. 
rents a plot of land for a day for deer hunting. 
learning how to fly fish. 

• Like 1

So Hubby decided to not go out for crossbow this year. Instead he spent the weekend spraying clothing permethrin (for ticks).

• 2 weeks later...

Shotgun starts Saturday. Hubby hopeful for some fresh venison. I have no idea where he will put it as our freezer is pretty full. I truly hope he donates after the first one. 

8 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

Saw 4 doe this morning. All moving too fast and in too thick of cover for a shot. 

I got an update from the field...

Hubby figures they have all bedded down and are having "fun" since the rut ended last week. He saw 4 bucks and a ton of does on his land the last 2-3 weeks (cameras). Today he only saw one buck just before sunrise so could not take the shot.

He also said he only heard two gunshots this morning, so either the deer really have bedded down, or fewer people are hunting (he's up in Niagara County).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ann said:

I got an update from the field...

Hubby figures they have all bedded down and are having "fun" since the rut ended last week. He saw 4 bucks and a ton of does on his land the last 2-3 weeks (cameras). Today he only saw one buck just before sunrise so could not take the shot.

He also said he only heard two gunshots this morning, so either the deer really have bedded down, or fewer people are hunting (he's up in Niagara County).

I am surprised they are not fully even in the rut up here already. Just starting here.  Got to the other end on the property where my son is building his house next year. (BTW, that means Im building another house next year) And as I got out of the car I see 3 doe in the field in his eventual yard. Those were the 3 I saw. 

Edited by Fansince88

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Ann said:

Anyone know the last time a AFC East Champ or a Ten point buck were in this Endzone? Me either, Merry Christmas yuh filthy animals #GoBills #wnybowhunter #art

Trent Murphy Instagram

trent.JPG

Has instagrams woke mob thrown a #boycottbuffalobills tantrum over this yet?