Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Hunting & Fishing Thread

Ann

58 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

@Fansince88
So you have posted about spending a lot of time in the cold woods waiting for that once in a lifetime buck.
I shot my 1st deer at age 12. I went elk hunting for the 1st time at age 17. I spent a lot of years waiting for my trophy elk.

At age 58 I broke my leg in the wilderness on day 2 of the hunt and got airlifted out my the national guard the next day. After getting all my preference points reinstated at age 61 I went back in the wilderness to get that trophy bull.

6x6 DSCN0843_50.jpg

I miss hiking with gun but haven't been hunting since. Best wishes to you and hope some day that you get your trophy buck. But by all means stay safe out there!

SO now I sit here now waiting (since I was 10) for one more lifetime trophy. Hopefully this is the year to hoist the Lombardi.

I have never been hunting thinking I have to kill a deer. I do enjoy just the peace and quiet in the woods. I love the animals and nature you get from just being out there.  I have a coue mounts in the basement.  The larger of the two was a 205lb 9 point white tail. And the other was a 197lb 8 point. That said I have let many a deer walk due to their size. Im a, "The fun ends when you pull the trigger", guy. We have nearly 300 acres here and are trying to manage better hunting land and herd. The years of having to take a crotch horn to feed the kids are behind me now....although that may change with todays environment 😐

• Like 4

ExiledInIllinois
18 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

@Fansince88
So you have posted about spending a lot of time in the cold woods waiting for that once in a lifetime buck.
I shot my 1st deer at age 12. I went elk hunting for the 1st time at age 17. I spent a lot of years waiting for my trophy elk.

At age 58 I broke my leg in the wilderness on day 2 of the hunt and got airlifted out by the national guard the next day. After getting all my preference points reinstated at age 61 I went back in the wilderness to get that trophy bull.

6x6 DSCN0843_50.jpg

I miss hiking with gun but haven't been hunting since. Best wishes to you and hope some day that you get your trophy buck. But by all means stay safe out there!

SO now I sit here now waiting (since I was 10) for one more lifetime trophy. Hopefully this is the year to hoist the Lombardi.

Was that shot in Oregon just south of Walla Walla, Washington?

😏 

(I was a geography major)

😊 

43 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Was that shot in Oregon just south of Walla Walla, Washington?

😏

(I was a geography major)

😊

The star marks the spot on the Oregon plaque (pretty close anyway).
Wenaha Unit near Troy, Oregon - SE of Walla, Walla. The Wenaha River borders Oregon and Washington. 

Cool Fact - John Fogerty had a cabin in Troy.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Those kitty's are big.

I don't think I'd be hunting them with a bow though. 

If I hunted one of those, it would be with a 30cal.  From a helicopter.  To the tune of Ride of the Valkyries

Z2V0c29tZS5naWY.gif

On 1/25/2023 at 6:25 AM, devnull said:

If I hunted one of those, it would be with a 30cal.  From a helicopter.  To the tune of Ride of the Valkyries

Z2V0c29tZS5naWY.gif

Just remember, when killing the women and children, don't lead them as much.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

On 1/25/2023 at 3:25 AM, devnull said:

If I hunted one of those, it would be with a 30cal.  From a helicopter. 

I actually know a guy that gets paid to hunt animal predators from a helicopter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
9 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Big bear...but good use of forced perspective making it look even bigger.

Agree with this^^^.

I have 2 pictures of my elk that make it look Yuge.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, my son got his first deer at 28yo. So proud of him for waiting to bag this beauty! Passed up quite a few small ones over the years to make this his first.  197lb 10 point with his antique muzzle loader. 

Resized_IMG_1284001.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...