Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The Star Trek Thread

RochesterRob

‘Star Trek’ Icon William Shatner Says He Has “Run Out Of Patience” For George Takei: “Why Give Credence To People Consumed By Envy And Hate?”

“It’s like a sickness,” Shatner continued. “George has never stopped blackening my name. These people are bitter and embittered.”

“I have run out of patience with them,” the actor-turned-one-time-space-traveler ultimately declared. “Why give credence to people consumed by envy and hate?”

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ydu287dqjt7x8ntvo8

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RochesterRob

• B-Man

• devnull

• Crap Throwing Clavin

Apologies once again for not being able to make regular contributions due to being busy with business.  Probably going to be that way until after the beginning of the new year.  Once TOS is done then TNG will need to be dealt with.  I'm thinking each TNG episode will require a few hours of research time so I can speak competently in terms of commentary.  If somebody would like to make regular contributions PM me.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Apologies once again for not being able to make regular contributions due to being busy with business.  Probably going to be that way until after the beginning of the new year.  Once TOS is done then TNG will need to be dealt with.  I'm thinking each TNG episode will require a few hours of research time so I can speak competently in terms of commentary.  If somebody would like to make regular contributions PM me.  

Reviewing 178 episodes might be a 5 year mission

anBn

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Again, sorry about my time away from here.  H & I programming note for January 17 (today).  Get your Christian geek flowing with the airing of TOS's Bread & Circuses at 8PM immediately followed by TNG's Transfigurations at 9PM.  Not an intentional block but how often does such obviously themed episodes air back to back at random.  A sign and perhaps a blessing for the Bills?  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

RIP GERALD FRIED, Emmy-winning composer of Star Trek’s famous “fight music,” 93.

“Born in New York in the 1920s, Fried graduated from Julliard in the 1950s and quickly fell in with Stanley Kubrick, serving as the composer on many of the director’s early films (including their final collaboration, Kubrick’s 1957 military drama Paths Of Glory). Working frequently in genre film and TV, Fried contributed scores to Westerns, crime thrillers, horror flicks, and more over the next several years, while also making significant (and, eventually, significantly lucrative) inroads into the world of TV…Fried attained his most prestigious TV credit in 1977, when the producers of Roots—apparently worried that original pick Quincy Jones was missing deadlines—brought him on to write a large portion of the music for the later episodes of groundbreaking miniseries Roots. Jones and Fried would share the Emmy win for the series’ score, and Fried would return to the franchise for follow-ups The Next Generations and The Gift.”

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

I’m ashamed to admit it but I didn’t hate episode 1 of season 3 of Star Trek Picard.

Haven't watched S3 of Picard yet.  Didn't even know it was out, which tells you how jaded I am on Woke Trek

But the Super Bowl ads looked, interesting....

Nouseforaname
11 hours ago, devnull said:

Haven't watched S3 of Picard yet.  Didn't even know it was out, which tells you how jaded I am on Woke Trek

I didn’t watch season 2 after the cluster &#%$ of season 1 and only watched the red letter media reviews which were brilliant.

Interesting tidbit I read on IMDb pertaining to actor Gene Dynarski who played Ben Childress in Mudd's Women.  Dynarski appeared in a couple of Spielberg movies including Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Duel which was aired this past Saturday.  Dynarski's part in Close Encounters was playing Richard Dreyfuss' utility company boss who sent him out to check on the power outages.  At the time of the premiere Dynarski was living in Buffalo and took his nieces to the theater for the premiere.  He even dropped hints to the clerks that he was appearing in the picture to perhaps get some free concessions.  I am wondering which knucklehead ATOP failed to recognize him?

Edited by RochesterRob
  • Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 2/21/2023 at 10:57 AM, RochesterRob said:

Interesting tidbit I read on IMDb pertaining to actor Gene Dynarski who played Ben Childress in Mudd's Women.  Dynarski appeared in a couple of Spielberg movies including Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Duel which was aired this past Saturday.  Dynarski's part in Close Encounters was playing Richard Dreyfuss' utility company boss who sent him out to check on the power outages.  At the time of the premiere Dynarski was living in Buffalo and took his nieces to the theater for the premiere.  He even dropped hints to the clerks that he was appearing in the picture to perhaps get some free concessions.  I am wondering which knucklehead ATOP failed to recognize him?

Not sure why they'd recognize him.  

But looking at his career, he was quite an accomplished character actor.  He was the original "that guy" actor before William Fichtner and James Rebhorn.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Not sure why they'd recognize him.  

But looking at his career, he was quite an accomplished character actor.  He was the original "that guy" actor before William Fichtner and James Rebhorn.

He just needed an All In The Family or Mary Tyler Moore appearance to complete his resume.  

Crap Throwing Clavin
20 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

He just needed an All In The Family or Mary Tyler Moore appearance to complete his resume.  

Or MASH.  Genuinely surprised he wasn't in MASH.  Everyone was in MASH.  Even Andrew Dice Clay was in MASH.

Here's a fun game: name all the actors that appeared in both Star Trek (The Original Series) and MASH (the series, not the movie).  I can name one without googling: Teri Garr.

• Like 1

The only one I can readily think of is Mariette Hartley.  But give me time.  As far as famous Buffalonian's Boss Hogg himself appeared on MASH.  Sorrell Booke not only appeared on MASH but actually served in the Korean War as an intelligence officer.

Edited by RochesterRob
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
On 2/19/2023 at 10:44 PM, devnull said:

I saw episode 2 today.  There’s a great scene which is pure fan service and I loved it.

IYKYK

• Cheers 1