Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2021 Sabres Offseason

ComradeKayAdams

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

We'll know for certain in a few minutes, but the twittersphere has been pretty well convinced that Seattle chose Will Borgen from the Sabres.

The interesting thing about that selection is there is a very real possibility that Birgen won't be one of their top 8 D-men.  So, with the #1 priority to make claims off the waiver wire (dead last doesn't just get the best lottery odds, it also comes w/ dibs on waivers at the beginning of the next season), the Sabres may get him back in October.

Please explain the rationale of selecting 13 D and 14 F?  

Edited by GG1

9 hours ago, GG1 said:

Please explain the rationale of selecting 13 D and 14 F?  

Supposedly, they also asked WAAAAY too much for side deals as well.

You know who their AGM is, right?

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Supposedly, they also asked WAAAAY too much for side deals as well.

You know who their AGM is, right?

Yup, and if I had to guess, 12 of the 13 D are righthanded 🙂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Yup, and if I had to guess, 12 of the 13 D are righthanded 🙂

My question is how many are Americans & Euros?  That'll be the real tell as to how much influence he had.

[Edit: Though in fairness, it's drafting where he falls in love w/ those guys because the team keeps their rights for 4 years vs 2 if they remain unsigned.  (CHL players can reenter the draft after 2 years if they choose.)

7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

My question is how many are Americans & Euros?  That'll be the real tell as to how much influence he had.

[Edit: Though in fairness, it's drafting where he falls in love w/ those guys because the team keeps their rights for 4 years vs 2 if they remain unsigned.  (CHL players can reenter the draft after 2 years if they choose.)

Zero Russians, Three Euros.

Just now, GG1 said:

Zero Russians, Three Euros.

Yep.  His fingerprints are all over this "masterpiece."

Alaska Darin

In fairness to GMTM, NHL GMs learned a lot from how Vegas raped them.  They were in a much better place 4 years later to not get hammered.

I think like 11 of the 13 defensemen are lefties.  lol

I’m absolutely thrilled that they got the 13th pick for Risto. I know next to nothing about Hagg, but I didn’t think Risto would net us that high of a pick along with two other pieces. 

• Like 2
  • FANtastic 1

Not a bad haul considering people thought that risto would only fetch a 2nd rounder.   Sabres get LD and 2 picks.

Adams already lapped Botts.

BTW, proving once again that the mystery Takahashi has much more hockey sense than 99% of Sabrespace.

Edited by GG1
  • FANtastic 1

Shoot. I liked the way he played last season, but all in all they never won with him and they got a decent haul for him. 

Can’t even root for Risto in Philly. There’s no level of success that’s acceptable to me regarding the Flyers. 

I’m hoping they at least keep Reinhart. 

• Like 1

Round 1

1. Buffalo
2. Seattle
3. Anaheim
4. New Jersey
5. Columbus
6. Detroit
7. San Jose
8. Los Angeles
9. Vancouver
10. Ottawa
11. Forfeited pick
12. Chicago
13. Calgary
14. Buffalo (from PHI)
5. Dallas
16. NY Rangers
17. St. Louis
18. Winnipeg
19. Nashville
20. Edmonton
21. Boston
22. Minnesota
23. Detroit (from WSH)
24. Florida
25. Columbus (from TOR)
26. Minnesota (from PIT)
27. Carolina
28. Colorado
29. New Jersey (from NYI)
30. Vegas
31. Montreal
32. Columbus (from TBL)

Pick 11 - The NHL directed the forfeiture of this pick in sanctions against the Arizona Coyotes announced Aug. 26, 2020.

Alaska Darin
2 hours ago, snafu said:

Shoot. I liked the way he played last season, but all in all they never won with him and they got a decent haul for him. 

Can’t even root for Risto in Philly. There’s no level of success that’s acceptable to me regarding the Flyers. 

I’m hoping they at least keep Reinhart. 

I have no opinion on Hagg - he's not memorable...but he is cheap and dumping Risto gives us another almost $4M to spend.  The picks are huge but likely won't pay dividends for 2 or 3 years.  Regardless, getting a first for Risto is huge to me.

It'll be interesting to see if RIsto signs there long term or if he tries the market.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The rumor mill says "Top player, plus at least 2 high end prospects, plus multiple picks including at least one first rounder".

Geez. That’s a lot.

• Like 2