Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2021 Sabres Offseason

ComradeKayAdams

Congrats kid!

(I wanted Beniers. I really hope I’m wrong.)

I guess taking Power was a given since the Risto trade happened. 

Edited by snafu
  • Like 1

Alaska Darin
22 minutes ago, snafu said:

Congrats kid!

(I wanted Beniers. I really hope I’m wrong.)

I guess taking Power was a given since the Risto trade happened. 

I'm with you.   I hope we're both wrong. 

• Cheers 1

4merper4mer
11 minutes ago, shrader said:

They certainly like their high skill wingers. With a team that has struggled for years to score goals, I can’t really blame them for picking up that kind of player

Rumors are that his signing bonus will be a case of Clearasil

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

FB_IMG_1627217068861.jpg

thats awful...but funny

BTW, i like Adams so far. He aint trading Jack just to trade Jack...seems very confident in what he wants to get done and is sticking to it.

On 7/23/2021 at 11:04 PM, shrader said:

They certainly like their high skill wingers. With a team that has struggled for years to score goals, I can’t really blame them for picking up that kind of player

High skilled wingers are great to have.  But it sure would be nice to have some high skilled C's to feed them.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
9 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

thats awful...but funny

BTW, i like Adams so far. He aint trading Jack just to trade Jack...seems very confident in what he wants to get done and is sticking to it.

The jury is still out for me.  I liked the return for Risto, who wasn't re-signing under any circumstances.  I'd rather have seen him out west but getting a mid-range first and $4M back in salary was about as good as it could possibly get.

I'm not enamored by the return for Sam but who knows what the market really was?  I wouldn't be surprised to see him flipped at the deadline (if he truly wants to test FA) for more than we got and if that happens I'm going to be pissed.

The draft?  Who knows?  It appears he reached a couple of times (at least according to the generally "accepted" boards) but it's the NHL draft so we really won't know for 3 or 4 seasons.  Will he still be employed or will we be on the 6837493395 rebuild since the Pegulas took over?

10 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

The jury is still out for me.  I liked the return for Risto, who wasn't re-signing under any circumstances.  I'd rather have seen him out west but getting a mid-range first and $4M back in salary was about as good as it could possibly get.

I'm not enamored by the return for Sam but who knows what the market really was?  I wouldn't be surprised to see him flipped at the deadline (if he truly wants to test FA) for more than we got and if that happens I'm going to be pissed.

The draft?  Who knows?  It appears he reached a couple of times (at least according to the generally "accepted" boards) but it's the NHL draft so we really won't know for 3 or 4 seasons.  Will he still be employed or will we be on the 6837493395 rebuild since the Pegulas took over?

Really disappointed in the Reinhart trade.  Have to believe there was an offer with a more NHL ready player and not nearly the crapshoot that Levi is, but it looks like with having Bales in-house they believe they can keep him on that upward trajectory.  And, really expect that Adams didn't want a guy that would be useful THIS year coming back.  Not expecting him to follow Murray's footsteps & run any useful goalie out of town to guarantee finishing dead last, but pretty sure he'll be a lot less ticked than the fans will be w/ a 32nd place finish.

But, back to Reinhart, don't see the Swamp Cats trading him if they can't sign him by the deadline.  They were good last year and just added a 1RW (or 2C if necessary) to that lineup.  They're going to see if they can keep the SC in the Sunshine State a 3rd year running but move it a few hours south.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Really disappointed in the Reinhart trade.  Have to believe there was an offer with a more NHL ready player and not nearly the crapshoot that Levi is, but it looks like with having Bales in-house they believe they can keep him on that upward trajectory.  And, really expect that Adams didn't want a guy that would be useful THIS year coming back.  Not expecting him to follow Murray's footsteps & run any useful goalie out of town to guarantee finishing dead last, but pretty sure he'll be a lot less ticked than the fans will be w/ a 32nd place finish.

But, back to Reinhart, don't see the Swamp Cats trading him if they can't sign him by the deadline.  They were good last year and just added a 1RW (or 2C if necessary) to that lineup.  They're going to see if they can keep the SC in the Sunshine State a 3rd year running but move it a few hours south.

I agree with the sentiment on SR...but NHL seasons are marathons and each year there are teams that underperform.  My point was really more towards "things in FLA didn't work out as planned, so they pivoted."  If that happens, I can see them flipping him for a much nicer return than Adams got.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I agree with the sentiment on SR...but NHL seasons are marathons and each year there are teams that underperform.  My point was really more towards "things in FLA didn't work out as planned, so they pivoted."  If that happens, I can see them flipping him for a much nicer return than Adams got.

There absolutely will be a couple of teams minimum that underperform & at least a couple that overperform.

But don't see the Swamp Cats being 1 of the underperformers unless at least 1 of 3 things happen & it would likely take 2:

1.  They suffer significant injuries to key guys;

2.  Both Bobrovski & Knight crash to the earth like Carter Hart did last year; or

3.  Quenneville gets caught up in the Blackhawks former video coach scandal & that becomes too distracting for Cats.

Who knows about #1, but neither 2 nor 3 seem likely IMHO.

• Like 1