Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Do you drink beer from bottle, can, or do you put it in a glass to drink at home

mead107

As you know, i drink a poop ton of beer.

Almost 100% canned beer in my house. Two things make beer go bad..light and air...cans have neither! The old adage of cans make beer taste tinny is ancient stuff. Kinda like how screw tops is preferred for the best wine...but corks are still used for tradition and people think screw tops not as good.

Most beer i will drink right from can...except the Saisons i prefer to start the night. Heavy carbonation in those, need to pour into a glass to release . 

And some of the more crafty IPAs also do much better poured in a glass to release aromas and form head.

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Almost 100% canned beer in my house. Two things make beer go bad..light and air...cans have neither! The old adage of cans make beer taste tinny is ancient stuff. Kinda like how screw tops is preferred for the best wine...but corks are still used for tradition and people think screw tops not as good.

Most beer i will drink right from can...except the Saisons i prefer to start the night. Heavy carbonation in those, need to pour into a glass to release . 

And some of the more crafty IPAs also do much better poured in a glass to release aromas and form head.

In addition to no light and air modern cans are lined with some sort of polymer which prevents the metal leaching into the beer and spoiling the flavor.

Still... as you said, pouring into a glass releases the aroma and head which is nice.

• Like 1

Seasons1992
21 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

We don't need any more poop stories out of you........

• Haha 1