Jump to content

Solar Eclipse 2021-06-10


Foxx
 Share

Recommended Posts

We are not in the path of totality but, weather cooperating, we should be able to see roughly a 70/80 percent eclipse.

 

A local guide to viewing Thursday's partial solar eclipse

... WHEN: The approximate sunrise Thursday, June 10 is at 5:36 a.m. with the local maximum of the partial solar eclipse occurring at 5:39 a.m. This is when the moon will cover up nearly 70 to 80 percent of the sun. So the solar eclipse will already be taking place while the sun rises Thursday morning. After that, the eclipse will begin to fade out of view for the next hour, finally ending at 6:36 a.m. ...

https://twitter.com/ElyseSmithWX/status/1400508333585485831

 

The good news is that Buffalo is within the path of totality for the April 8, 2024 solar eclipse. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, snafu said:

Is time travel now possible?

 

Lol, I can be be slightly dyslexic at times. That or my fingers are slower than my brain.

 

 Fixed the timestamp. 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Lol, I can be be slightly dyslexic at times. That or my fingers are slower than my brain.

 

 Fixed the timestamp. 😉

 

sORRY, i TAKE STUPID AMOUNTS OF SATISFACTION FROM POINTING OUT TRIVIAL STUFF LIKE THIS.

 

Oops, had the caps-lock on!

:classic_unsure:

 

 

...saved for the irony.

 

Edited by snafu
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

We are not in the path of totality but, weather cooperating, we should be able to see roughly a 70/80 percent eclipse.

 

A local guide to viewing Thursday's partial solar eclipse

... WHEN: The approximate sunrise Thursday, June 10 is at 5:36 a.m. with the local maximum of the partial solar eclipse occurring at 5:39 a.m. This is when the moon will cover up nearly 70 to 80 percent of the sun. So the solar eclipse will already be taking place while the sun rises Thursday morning. After that, the eclipse will begin to fade out of view for the next hour, finally ending at 6:36 a.m. ...

https://twitter.com/ElyseSmithWX/status/1400508333585485831

 

The good news is that Buffalo is within the path of totality for the April 8, 2024 solar eclipse. 

 

What the &#%$?!? There's now a 5:30 AM?!?

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A total eclipse will be here in Buffalo in 2024 (April I think).  NF will be a zoo then. Tons of people will want to be at the Falls during it.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ExiledInIllinois
20 hours ago, Wacka said:

A total eclipse will be here in Buffalo in 2024 (April I think).  NF will be a zoo then. Tons of people will want to be at the Falls during it.

Hope the weather is okay. Hate to be a Debbie-Downer, but Buffalo has a 48% chance of seeing a sunny day. 

 

April really can be a cruel month up North.  Hope it ain't cloudy. Hope the weather is good! Under 50% sun yearly in WNY doesn't bode well. NYC almost doubles Buffalo's sunny days yearly  Probably why MS is so prevalent in the WNY region??

 

https://www.currentresults.com/Weather/New-York/annual-days-of-sunshine.php

 

Chicago even comes in at 54%... 😏

 

Vonnegut's take on the seasons:

 

“One sort of optional thing you might do is to realize that there are six seasons instead of four. The poetry of four seasons is all wrong for this part of the planet, and this may explain why we are so depressed so much of the time. I mean, spring doesn’t feel like spring a lot of the time, and November is all wrong for autumn, and so on.

Here is the truth about the seasons: Spring is May and June. What could be springier than May and June? Summer is July and August. Really hot, right? Autumn is September and October. See the pumpkins? Smell those burning leaves? Next comes the season called Locking. November and December aren’t winter. They’re Locking. Next comes winter, January and February. Boy! Are they ever cold!

What comes next? Not spring. ‘Unlocking’ comes next. What else could cruel March and only slightly less cruel April be? March and April are not spring. They’re Unlocking.”

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Guidelines