Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Rich Stadium Concerts 74-78

MothersMilk

MothersMilk

I'm "kind" of sure that some random band named Starz played at the 77 Ted Nugent one, but those were some hazy days.

May be an image of 4 people and text that says '7/6/74 ERIC CLAPTON, THE BAND 7/26/74 ELP, LYNYRD SKY,NYRD, JAMES GANG 8/11/74 CROSBY, STILLS, NASH AND YOUNG, SANTANA STEWART 8/25/74 CHICAGO,THE DOOBIE-BROTH ಮದಗ 7/12/75 JOHNNY WINTER, GEILS BAND The Clash 7/20/75THE EAGLES, SEALS AND CROFTS, DAN FOGELBERG 8/8/75 THE ROLLING-STONES 7/10/76 PETER FRAMPTON, JOHNNY AND EDGAR WINTER IE'S 8/7/76ELTONJOHN, BOZSCAGGS 6/19/77 BLUE OYSTER CULT, TED NUGENT, LYNYRD SKYNYRD ĐANCI !! 8/20/77 YES, BOB SEGER 7/4/78:THEROLLING ROLLING STONES, JOURNEY. 7/28/78 FLEETWOOD FOREIGNER LIFETHEFASN TUSH'

• Like 1

MothersMilk

Is it just me or do posts disappear here? Foxx replied but where is the post now? Had the same thing happen on another thread.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

Is it just me or do posts disappear here? Foxx replied but where is the post now? Had the same thing happen on another thread.

Maybe. The website was down for 30 minutes, then burped along for 30 more minutes. 

@Foxx, did your reply go bye-bye?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

I did post. In the confusion that was the site being unavailable for a little bit there, I saw this thread and responded. Upon the forum issues actually settling down, I saw that the thread title was '74 to '78 and thought that my post was slightly off topic so I deleted it.

I can repost if you like, but it was about a couple of shows from '82.

• Like 2

MothersMilk
25 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I did post. In the confusion that was the site being unavailable for a little bit there, I saw this thread and responded. Upon the forum issues actually settling down, I saw that the thread title was '74 to '78 and thought that my post was slightly off topic so I deleted it.

I can repost if you like, but it was about a couple of shows from '82.

Not at all off topic bro... those concerts are All memorable no matter the year.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, MothersMilk said:

Not at all off topic bro... those concerts are All memorable no matter the year.

Alright, cool!

Back in '82, I think it was, we attended the Who show. While the Who was great and all, the Clash blew them away. There was a moment during the Who's performance that I will never forget though.

We were right upfront crushing the wall and it was a hot and humid day. So hot in fact, they actually had a hose out there and were spraying us down to cool everyone off. When they started performing, "Love, Reign O'er Me", it actually stared raining. It was so &#%$ing cool, I will never forget that. To this day, I still have that image burned into my memory.

We also saw Iron Maiden that Summer. While they certainly rocked, unfortunately, I think they might have been out performed that day as well by Loverboy.

I saw Blues Traveler and the Rolling Stones there in '97. Was a good concert. If memory serves, Marv Levy was pissed the next day about the condition the field was left in... whoops.

My cousin and I did manage to incite a crowd and pissed off a news lady afterwards (she couldn't do her broadcast due to the noise.) Good times.

RochesterRob

Not from the 70's but the 80's one of the Journey videos had an aerial shot of Rich.  Might have been "Send her my love."

13 hours ago, Foxx said:

We were right upfront crushing the wall and it was a hot and humid day. So hot in fact, they actually had a hose out there and were spraying us down to cool everyone off. When they started performing, "Love, Reign O'er Me", it actually stared raining. It was so &#%$ing cool, I will never forget that. To this day, I still have that image burned into my memory.

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

The only one of those that I was at,  was the Elton John / Boz Scaggs

Downpour the whole time.

Never been to Buffalo but I do like this video:

• Like 2

ExiledInIllinois

This not in the '74-'78 zone... But was my first one,  better late then never. Got separated in mind and body,  my brother ended up on a bus with a group from Hamilton while drinking Canadiens and getting stoned and almost went back to Hamilton! He was my effing ride! 😆 I guess it's easy to do, lose track of time when hanging with Canadian DeadHeads.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Saw the 8/25/74 concert Besides Chicago and the Doobies, it was opened by the Ozark Mountain Daredevils ("Jackie Blue")

Edited by Wacka
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 9:12 PM, Foxx said:

Alright, cool!

Back in '82, I think it was, we attended the Who show. While the Who was great and all, the Clash blew them away. There was a moment during the Who's performance that I will never forget though.

We also saw Iron Maiden that Summer. While they certainly rocked, unfortunately, I think they might have been out performed that day as well by Loverboy.

Don't forget Daltrey's quip that Mick couldn't get those kinds of special effects

Agree that The Clash was spectacular, and David Johansen sucked.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, GG1 said:

Don't forget Daltrey's quip that Mick couldn't get those kinds of special effects

haha, just wtached this for the 100th time the other day..and he is awesome in it!!!

MothersMilk
2 hours ago, GG1 said:

Was it just him or with The Dolls?

• 2 weeks later...
MothersMilk
On 6/24/2021 at 10:27 AM, Foxx said:

Not '74 - '78 but rather, '21

Public sale begins in less than 24 hours.

%7B4d3e8236-844f-429f-8808-f1d75ec3070e%

Not my cup of tea but its nice to see concerts showing back up at the Rich.

• Cheers 1