Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Random Thoughts

MothersMilk

45 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Seattle, they have fish ladders 🪜 around the lock to help the salmon get to Lake Washington.  😏

What?? The elevators are out of order again?

MothersMilk
3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Seattle, they have fish ladders 🪜 around the lock to help the salmon get to Lake Washington.  😏

One of my favorite posters over "there".

Now, get the bee's nests away from the mailbox and its all good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

If you get bored you can go to Bonneville and count shad. Half a million per day June 22nd.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, B-Man said:

e192ae123d89df478bf052d0a7176cd0ce592b28

Don't forget that, prior to the invention of the fax, they could have foxed him!

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/21/2021 at 12:47 PM, Seasons1992 said:

What would be your "passion" if your passion was taken away from you? You need to pick something else....

I dunno....ask me again if/when I need to have my prostate removed.

• Angry 1

MothersMilk

Mainly for anyone still back home:

5 FREE WINGS on National Chicken Wing Day on 7/29 when you buy a @pepsi product at ANY of our Duff’s locations!! The deal only lasts from 12pm-4pm, so get ‘em while we got ‘em!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

Mainly for anyone still back home:

5 FREE WINGS on National Chicken Wing Day on 7/29 when you buy a @pepsi product at ANY of our Duff’s locations!! The deal only lasts from 12pm-4pm, so get ‘em while we got ‘em!

With the price of wings today, thats a good deal.

• Like 2

MothersMilk
9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

With the price of wings today, thats a good deal.

Really it was... think Neubs took his kids for it, he was't aware of it till I hollered on facebook. 

• Cheers 1

Two weeks ago, while brushing my female Golden Retriever, I noticed what is a large lump at the crux of where her left leg meets her body. I am thinking it came on rather suddenly as I had brushed her maybe two days previously and did not notice one being there. Of course, I could have simply missed it but I do think I would have noticed it. She doesn't display any discomfort and eats drinks and poops like normal, so while alarmed at this development, have been patiently waiting for our vet to be able to take her in. Today is that day thankfully, hopefully it is nothing serious. Will know soon here.

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Two weeks ago, while brushing my female Golden Retriever, I noticed what is a large lump at the crux of where her left leg meets her body. I am thinking it came on rather suddenly as I had brushed her maybe two days previously and did not notice one being there. Of course, I could have simply missed it but I do think I would have noticed it. She doesn't display any discomfort and eats drinks and poops like normal, so while alarmed at this development, have been patiently waiting for our vet to be able to take her in. Today is that day thankfully, hopefully it is nothing serious. Will know soon here.

Good luck !

• Like 1

Keukasmallie

Why, in weather forecasts, do the so-called meteorologists post the day's temps in bold type in the "weather headlines" then, in the description of the day, post another set of numbers that are different? 

One would think they're politicians, they change things so often!

• Haha 2

On 8/5/2021 at 10:28 AM, Foxx said:

Thanks!

They did take a sample. Thankfully it is just a fatty lipsoma.

Be very careful of that.  While they aren't cancerous, which is good, they do pose a potential long term risk.  Our chocolate lab had one that grew to be huge (baseball sized) over several years.

We don't know why but eventually with it so large a blood vessel inside of it tore and the thing grew to football sized with all the blood in it.  When that eventually ruptured we could never fully stop the bleeding and he had to be put down.  He simply after close to a month got to a point where he had no energy from the blood loss.  He had been in excellent health prior to this as he was only 12 and didn't have any signs of arthritis or other age related ailments.  The good thing was until he was physically exhausted he hadn't been in pain.  But, as you can imagine, trying for so long to get him to heal and ending up unsuccessful was extremely emotionally draining for us.  Especially because it seemed we were close to success a couple of times and the dog really seemed to be improving and the blood loss seemed to be close to stopped.

Know of 1 other person that lost his dog the same way.

None of the vets at the clinic we take our dogs recommend removing the lipoma and don't know how many have it follow the course it took with our dog (it might be rare, honestly don't know), but really wish we'd've insisted on getting it removed while it was small.  Don't know if it just happened that the 2 dogs were in an extremely small pool of dogs that have that problem take that course & it was just dumb luck that it happened to those 2 or if it is more common. 

And, yes, the lipoma was where the dog's front leg met his torso.  There really was no humane way to fully immobilize it. 

Good luck with it.  Hoping it stays small & doesn't become an issue.  If it stays small, it won't be.

• Love 1