Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Random Thoughts

MothersMilk

On 1/19/2022 at 8:29 AM, Keukasmallie said:

In the realm of random thoughts; what's the deal with the big white squares with a tiny blue square with a ? mark inside that end up in some posts?

Just askin' for a friend....

Broken/Expired image url's.

16 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Broken/Expired image url's.

Thanks, I thought it might be something that Apple's Safari was cut out of by the PC legions.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

All Electric? I think some serious thinking is needed here.

Imagine Florida with a hurricane coming toward Miami.  The Governor orders an evacuation.  All cars head north.  They all need to be charged in Jacksonville.  How does that work? Has anyone thought about this?    If all cars were electric, and were caught up in a three-hour traffic jam with dead batteries, then what?  Not to mention that there is virtually no heating or air conditioning in an electric vehicle because of high battery consumption. 

If you get stuck on the road all night, no battery, no heating, no windshield wipers, no radio, no GPS (all these drain the batteries), all you can do is try calling 911 to take women and children to safety.  But they cannot come to help you because all roads are blocked, and they will probably require all police cars will be electric also.  When the roads become unblocked no one can move!  Their batteries are dead. 

How do you charge the thousands of cars in the traffic jam?  Same problem during summer vacation departures with miles of traffic jams. There would be virtually no air conditioning in an electric vehicle.  It would drain the batteries quickly.  Where is this electricity going to come from? Today's grid barely handles users' needs. Can't use nuclear, natural gas is quickly running out. Oil fired is out of the question, then where? 

What will be done with billions of dead batteries, can’t bury them in the soil, can’t go to landfills.

The cart is way ahead of the horse. Not enough  thought to handle many of the problems that batteries can cause. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, Keukasmallie said:

All Electric? I think some serious thinking is needed here.

Imagine Florida with a hurricane coming toward Miami.  The Governor orders an evacuation.  All cars head north.  They all need to be charged in Jacksonville.  How does that work? Has anyone thought about this?    If all cars were electric, and were caught up in a three-hour traffic jam with dead batteries, then what?  Not to mention that there is virtually no heating or air conditioning in an electric vehicle because of high battery consumption. 

If you get stuck on the road all night, no battery, no heating, no windshield wipers, no radio, no GPS (all these drain the batteries), all you can do is try calling 911 to take women and children to safety.  But they cannot come to help you because all roads are blocked, and they will probably require all police cars will be electric also.  When the roads become unblocked no one can move!  Their batteries are dead. 

How do you charge the thousands of cars in the traffic jam?  Same problem during summer vacation departures with miles of traffic jams. There would be virtually no air conditioning in an electric vehicle.  It would drain the batteries quickly.  Where is this electricity going to come from? Today's grid barely handles users' needs. Can't use nuclear, natural gas is quickly running out. Oil fired is out of the question, then where? 

What will be done with billions of dead batteries, can’t bury them in the soil, can’t go to landfills.

The cart is way ahead of the horse. Not enough  thought to handle many of the problems that batteries can cause. 

SyZwaWQ9QXBp

• Haha 4

GALLOWS HUMOR

CHINA CLAIMS THAT CORONAVIRUS CAME FROM AN OLD STUPID BAT, BUT NANCY PELOSI DENIED HAVING BEEN INVOLVED.

"PAYDAY" CANDY BAR IS CHANGING ITS NAME BECAUSE IT'S OFFENSIVE TO THOSE WHO DON'T WORK.

IF THE CURRENT POWER GRID CAN'T HANDLE A NIGHT OF 20 DEGREES TEMPERATURES WITHOUT ROLLING BLACKOUTS, HOW ARE WE GOING TO PLUG 100 MILLIONS ELECTRIC CARS UP AT NIGHT?

ARE THERE ANY COUNTRIES THAT TAX THEIR CITIZENS AND SEND SOME OF IT TO AMERICANS?

IMAGINE, IF YOU WILL, A WORLD WHERE EVERY TWEET AND MEME MUST BE FACT CHECKED BUT NOT A BALLOT.

HOW TO STOP DRUNK DRIVERS FROM KILLING SOBER DRIVERS? BAN SOBER DRIVERS FROM DRIVING. THAT'S EXACTLY HOW GUN CONTROL WORKS.

CAN WE STILL ORDER BLACK COFFEE? ARE BROWNIES BEING TAKEN OFF THE SHELF? IS WHITE CASTLE  CHANGING IT'S NAME? I'M SURE CRACKER BARREL IS SCREWED. CAN WE STILL PLAY CHINESE CHECKERS? IS THAT SEASON STILL CALLED INDIAN SUMMER? NO MORE ITALIAN SAUSAGES?  HOW FAR DO YOU WANT TO GO WITH THIS FOOLISHNESS?

HELL OF A JOB, DEMOCRATS! YOU'VE MANAGED TO BRING BACK THE 1918 PANDEMIC, THE 1929 DEPRESSION, THE 1968 RACE RIOTS AND THE 1973 GAS PRICES - ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Interesting thought:  Statues of white persons significant in the history of our nation are being removed while we are currently celebrating Black History Month....  Kinda' sends the message that there's no room for both which seems counterproductive to me, but what do I know.  (If I knew anything I wouldn't risk offering up my views in a public forum.)

Just sayin'

• Like 1

Didja' ever wonder if forums such as this are "monitored" by some government "agency" for trigger words that set off alarm bells at some level and might result in a knock on your door?  I'm an old dude and don't give much of a fiddler's @#$% about what comes next for me.  I'd like to raise the ante on my comments and see what comes about (probably get kicked off this forum for starters....).  I guess that's pretty stupid, but I do think about it...maybe next year.  😉

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KD in CA said:

People who use the phrase “side hustle” need to be punched in the face.

So if we don't use it do we get Home Depot gift cards or something?

Crap Throwing Clavin

So this job, that I was working 90 hour weeks to accomplish for several months running?  Just confirmed today what I've long suspected: while I'm working my ass off, another manager has been undercutting my authority with my team, making it impossible for me to do my job.  

Just had to share.  I'm a little pissed off about it.

• Angry 3

28 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

So this job, that I was working 90 hour weeks to accomplish for several months running?  Just confirmed today what I've long suspected: while I'm working my ass off, another manager has been undercutting my authority with my team, making it impossible for me to do my job.  

Just had to share.  I'm a little pissed off about it.

64ujuo.jpg

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, devnull said:

64ujuo.jpg

No revenge here, I'm just moving on.  These @$$h@l&s put me in a &#%$ing psych hospital, I don't need this shit.

Want to know how I know for a fact this is going on?  During a meeting, the person responsible for undercutting me was sharing his screen where he was telling others in a chat to do other than what I told them.  :classic_laugh: SMH

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

No revenge here, I'm just moving on.  These @$$h@l&s put me in a &#%$ing psych hospital, I don't need this shit.

Want to know how I know for a fact this is going on?  During a meeting, the person responsible for undercutting me was sharing his screen where he was telling others in a chat to do other than what I told them.  :classic_laugh: SMH

The moron was too stupid to not share his entire screen or actually close his texting app while sharing the screen if he only had the option to share the entire desktop?

What a tool.  He didn't by chance work for CNN prior to joining your department? 😉

• Like 1

Is there a difference among being “odd”, “weird” and “strange”?

I think there is.

I’d consider myself odd.  Not weird or strange.

When you take your degenerate friend to the tittie bar on his birthday so he can blow an obscene amount of cash in the champagne room while you sit in the gallery buying over priced beer because you're a good friend, no one appreciates your sacrifice.

• Like 2