Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Euro 2020

Nouseforaname

Nouseforaname
16 minutes ago, snafu said:

Low scoring does not mean no action. 
That’s my American take. 

I don’t complain about a 2-1 NHL final score. 

In soccer it does.  AC Milan once won the Italian championship with one goal per game lol

Nouseforaname
39 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Go England !

Beat those Danes.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjspInQmFHjw7KBOeY-Ev

Nothing would satisfy me more than Italy beating England in London to win the Euro.

4 hours ago, Meazza said:

Nothing would satisfy me more than Italy beating England in London to win the Euro.

Just ttok the Great Danes at +460...if it goes to PKs i lose no matter who wins

I had to leave for a Dr appt a few minutes into the extra time so recorded it.  As I'm driving to my appt, I roll past a guy in an England jersey staring at his phone and he suddenly starts shouting and jumping up and down.  So much for avoiding any updates!

Nouseforaname
3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I had to leave for a Dr appt a few minutes into the extra time so recorded it.  As I'm driving to my appt, I roll past a guy in an England jersey staring at his phone and he suddenly starts shouting and jumping up and down.  So much for avoiding any updates!

England won on a dive.  

12 hours ago, Meazza said:

England won on a dive.  

Tripping the guy is a foul, no? 

Besides, there was a Denmark player rolling around feigning injury every five minutes after they got tired so they deserved to lose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Besides, there was a Denmark player rolling around feigning injury every five minutes after they got tired so they deserved to lose.

That was a sketchy call, at best.

And the Video Review Referee did a "just give it to 'em".

I think Italy is gong to embarrass England in the final.

Nouseforaname
1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

That doesn't get called ever.  He fell before there was even any remote contact.

That being said, with the right gameplan, Italy will win.  Let's hope Mancini learns his lessons from the Spain match.

They've gone to kicks.

1-1 through 120 minutes.

Italy - x-o-x-x-o

England - x-x-o-o-o

The 2 last minute England subs missed.  One post & one stop.

And Italy wins!

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Wow, that was exciting !!

I used to think that goal kicks were almost automatic,

Three misses in a row !

Did England sub in both those guys specifically for the shootout?  Based on those terrible attempts, that seems questionable.  What happened to stepping up and drilling it? 

Italy seems like a pretty dirty team.  I was waiting for the hockey-style penalty shot after the one guy was tackled by his shirt to prevent the breakaway.

Nouseforaname
11 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Did England sub in both those guys specifically for the shootout?  Based on those terrible attempts, that seems questionable.  What happened to stepping up and drilling it? 

Italy seems like a pretty dirty team.  I was waiting for the hockey-style penalty shot after the one guy was tackled by his shirt to prevent the breakaway.

Yes, bringing on a 19 year old to take the last shot.  Brilliant lol.  No pressure at all.

Yes chiellini’s tackle was a smart foul. Worth the yellow.

• Cheers 1

On 7/11/2021 at 9:29 PM, KD in CA said:

Sure as heck seemed like they did.  Considering they each were only on the field for ~1-1/2 minutes, can't see any other reason for the switch.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
On 7/8/2021 at 12:46 PM, snafu said:

That was a sketchy call, at best.

And the Video Review Referee did a "just give it to 'em".

I think Italy is gong to embarrass England in the final.

The call was never going to be reversed. All they review is whether there was contact or not, and there was.