Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Euro 2020

Nouseforaname

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
On 7/11/2021 at 9:41 PM, Meazza said:

Yes, bringing on a 19 year old to take the last shot.  Brilliant lol.  No pressure at all.

Yes chiellini’s tackle was a smart foul. Worth the yellow.

Rashford, Sancho, and Saka to take 3-5 was peak stupid.

42 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

The call was never going to be reversed. All they review is whether there was contact or not, and there was.

While I tend to agree with you, I actually did see a penalty call reversed in a CONCACAF game the other night.  Can't remember which game but the VAR called down to the Referee and said, you better take a look.  He took a look and reversed himself.  That's the purpose of VAR.  I understand that England's semifinal AT Wembley was no place to reverse anything.

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Rashford, Sancho, and Saka to take 3-5 was peak stupid.

I don't know anything about soccer or these guys in particular, but I know pulling two guys cold off the bench for one kick can't possibly be the best option.

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
5 hours ago, snafu said:

While I tend to agree with you, I actually did see a penalty call reversed in a CONCACAF game the other night.  Can't remember which game but the VAR called down to the Referee and said, you better take a look.  He took a look and reversed himself.  That's the purpose of VAR.  I understand that England's semifinal AT Wembley was no place to reverse anything.

UEFA and CONCACAF play under different standards with different rules.

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I don't know anything about soccer or these guys in particular, but I know pulling two guys cold off the bench for one kick can't possibly be the best option.

Kids. The youngest m, who took the highest pressure kick, was 18. It was criminal.

• Cheers 1

Nouseforaname

Though I do agree that the PK subs were not optimal, this isn't anything new.

Where I do criticize England is that they had started the game very strong and had Italy on the backfoot.  They could have pushed harder for a second goal and seemed to be content with playing ultra defensively.  This could work if you're up 1-0 at the 60th minute but not the first 5.

Personally, this shows how much England was afraid of Italy.  Even up 1-0 early on at home, Italy never seemed phased or lost confidence and quickly took control of the game. If Chiesa had not gone injured, they'd have won the game in regular time.