How many of you do it once a week?

mead107

We try and clean the house every week vacuum and dust. Wash kitchen floor every other week. 

who does the vacuuming and who does the  dusting and bathroom cleaning at your house

I do both 95% of the time. 
wife does the bathroom 95% of the time 

Edited by mead107
  • Like 1

Not I.

We have a cleaning service every other week. I wash the kitchen floor and vacuum  a few times in between their cleanings, but don’t dust or clean the bathrooms.

• Like 2

CarpetCrawler
2 hours ago, Ann said:

Not I.

We have a cleaning service every other week. I wash the kitchen floor and vacuum  a few times in between their cleanings, but don’t dust or clean the bathrooms.

Ditto, they're coming tomorrow. I just tidy up messes in the kitchen in between and straighten up the night before. If not I would do everything, my wife clean a toilet bhahahaha.

• Like 1

RochesterRob

My house looks like a pig sty as of late.  The wife and I have been very busy lately and are pretty tired when evening comes.  Gonna have to find time but at least the laundry is getting done.  I refuse to wear things such as socks and undies more than a day and have been known to change during the day when it is humid.  Gotta go!

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

My house looks like a pig sty as of late.  The wife and I have been very busy lately and are pretty tired when evening comes.  Gonna have to find time but at least the laundry is getting done.  I refuse to wear things such as socks and undies more than a day and have been known to change during the day when it is humid.  Gotta go!

Laundry is something I enjoy doing. :washing:  No idea why. Maybe because it is easy, especially since I only fold my clothing. My husband made the mistake of "correcting" how I folded his tshirts. Now, he gets all his clean laundry dumped into a basket in his closet, and he folds it when he gets to it. 🤷‍♀️ 

Seasons1992

Without looking at who posted this thread title, I knew exactly who it was and then was curious what the ACTUAL subject would be. 

Mead gonna Mead..........

I'm divorced so I clean my own place once a week. Always try to be "guest ready" in case @plenzmd1 needs to use the facilities randomly.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Without looking at who posted this thread title, I knew exactly who it was and then was curious what the ACTUAL subject would be. 

Mead gonna Mead..........

I'm divorced so I clean my own place once a week. Always try to be "guest ready" in case @plenzmd1 needs to use the facilities randomly.

amazing how many minds go right to the gutter. 🤣🤣🙃

How come you don’t get serviced by a cleaning person? 

Seasons1992
1 hour ago, mead107 said:

amazing how many minds go right to the gutter. 🤣🤣🙃

How come you don’t get serviced by a cleaning person? 

Not everyone is retired and full of money and stromboli, good sir! 😄

• Cheers 1

I do almost 100% of the household chores . I am not working, wife works her tail off...least i can do to earn my keep!

I am a whole house clean every week..100% hardwoods so that includes mopping floors, dusting, bathrooms etc. Only exceptions, as  @Seasons1992and @Augie would understand, is  i clean "my" bathroom every other day or so. 

Deep clean kitchen about once a month...includes cleaning out the nasty air filters in the vent, cleaning underneath the burners in the range( i have open burners) etc. 

and for only two of us, damn we generate a butt ton of laundry. Bet I average a load of clothes every other day as well.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

I do almost 100% of the household chores . I am not working, wife works her tail off...least i can do to earn my keep!

I am a whole house clean every week..100% hardwoods so that includes mopping floors, dusting, bathrooms etc. Only exceptions, as  @Seasons1992and @Augie would understand, is  i clean "my" bathroom every other day or so. 

Deep clean kitchen about once a month...includes cleaning out the nasty air filters in the vent, cleaning underneath the burners in the range( i have open burners) etc. 

and for only two of us, damn we generate a butt ton of laundry. Bet I average a load of clothes every other day as well.

Sooooo how much do you charge for housecleaning?

29 minutes ago, Ann said:

Sooooo how much do you charge for housecleaning?

For you, special price! 

when we were selling our home last fall, had a service come in and do a real “ deep clean”. Holy hell, had no idea how dirty our house was! $600, will do it every year now! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

For you, special price! 

when we were selling our home last fall, had a service come in and do a real “ deep clean”. Holy hell, had no idea how dirty our house was! $600, will do it every year now! 

I've often thought about getting one of the realtor service cleaning companies to do it. Our regular people get about 85% of everything, 90% when they deep clean. I just hope they are missing different spots every cleaning and it all gets covered eventually. :classic_tongue:

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

HUSH! You make the lazy folk here look bad! Wife works, I loaf. She had a 6:00am flight home from NYC this morning, so good thing she’s been waking up at 3:30! Got home in time for another full day of work. (She actually loves it. Go figure.)

I do maybe half the laundry, and I keep things neat. There is no clutter in our house. Everything has a place, so put it there. I will swifter up the hair from two Golden Retrievers and keep the kitchen clean. I do ALL the shopping and 99% of the cooking. 

We have cleaning people about every third week. They go pretty deep, dusting all the shutters and moving furniture to vacuum (and find it impossible to return it to the proper location). 

She’s upstairs working, and I’m taking the dogs to the park now!

P.S. - If you have to do a deep clean of “your” bathroom every other day, you MAY be doing something wrong.  🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Augie said:

HUSH! You make the lazy folk here look bad! Wife works, I loaf. She had a 6:00am flight home from NYC this morning, so good thing she’s been waking up at 3:30! Got home in time for another full day of work. (She actually loves it. Go figure.)

I do maybe half the laundry, and I keep things neat. There is no clutter in our house. Everything has a place, so put it there. I will swifter up the hair from two Golden Retrievers and keep the kitchen clean. I do ALL the shopping and 99% of the cooking. 

We have cleaning people about every third week. They go pretty deep, dusting all the shutters and moving furniture to vacuum (and find it impossible to return it to the proper location). 

She’s upstairs working, and I’m taking the dogs to the park now!

P.S. - If you have to do a deep clean of “your” bathroom every other day, you MAY be doing something wrong.  🤷‍♂️

Oy vey, the dog hair is unbelievable. Have a lab/ chow mix and pit/boxer mix. Both short hair dogs. Vacuum once a day they lose so much hair.   

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Oy vey, the dog hair is unbelievable. Have a lab/ chow mix and pit/boxer mix. Both short hair dogs. Vacuum once a day they lose so much hair.   

I take the dogs to the park and the vet, etc. When I roll my windows down it’s like I’m traveling in a mobile snow globe! 

• Haha 1