Jump to content

How many of you do it once a week?


mead107
 Share

Recommended Posts

We try and clean the house every week vacuum and dust. Wash kitchen floor every other week. 

 

who does the vacuuming and who does the  dusting and bathroom cleaning at your house

 

 

I do both 95% of the time. 
wife does the bathroom 95% of the time 

 

 

Edited by mead107
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not I.

 

We have a cleaning service every other week. I wash the kitchen floor and vacuum  a few times in between their cleanings, but don’t dust or clean the bathrooms.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CarpetCrawler
2 hours ago, Ann said:

Not I.

 

We have a cleaning service every other week. I wash the kitchen floor and vacuum  a few times in between their cleanings, but don’t dust or clean the bathrooms.

 

 

 

Ditto, they're coming tomorrow. I just tidy up messes in the kitchen in between and straighten up the night before. If not I would do everything, my wife clean a toilet bhahahaha.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

RochesterRob

  My house looks like a pig sty as of late.  The wife and I have been very busy lately and are pretty tired when evening comes.  Gonna have to find time but at least the laundry is getting done.  I refuse to wear things such as socks and undies more than a day and have been known to change during the day when it is humid.  Gotta go!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

  My house looks like a pig sty as of late.  The wife and I have been very busy lately and are pretty tired when evening comes.  Gonna have to find time but at least the laundry is getting done.  I refuse to wear things such as socks and undies more than a day and have been known to change during the day when it is humid.  Gotta go!


Laundry is something I enjoy doing. :washing:  No idea why. Maybe because it is easy, especially since I only fold my clothing. My husband made the mistake of "correcting" how I folded his tshirts. Now, he gets all his clean laundry dumped into a basket in his closet, and he folds it when he gets to it. 🤷‍♀️ 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seasons1992

Without looking at who posted this thread title, I knew exactly who it was and then was curious what the ACTUAL subject would be. 

 

Mead gonna Mead..........

 

I'm divorced so I clean my own place once a week. Always try to be "guest ready" in case @plenzmd1 needs to use the facilities randomly.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Without looking at who posted this thread title, I knew exactly who it was and then was curious what the ACTUAL subject would be. 

 

Mead gonna Mead..........

 

I'm divorced so I clean my own place once a week. Always try to be "guest ready" in case @plenzmd1 needs to use the facilities randomly.

amazing how many minds go right to the gutter. 🤣🤣🙃

How come you don’t get serviced by a cleaning person? 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seasons1992
1 hour ago, mead107 said:

amazing how many minds go right to the gutter. 🤣🤣🙃

How come you don’t get serviced by a cleaning person? 
 

 

Not everyone is retired and full of money and stromboli, good sir! 😄

 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do almost 100% of the household chores . I am not working, wife works her tail off...least i can do to earn my keep!

 

I am a whole house clean every week..100% hardwoods so that includes mopping floors, dusting, bathrooms etc. Only exceptions, as  @Seasons1992and @Augie would understand, is  i clean "my" bathroom every other day or so. 

 

Deep clean kitchen about once a month...includes cleaning out the nasty air filters in the vent, cleaning underneath the burners in the range( i have open burners) etc. 

 

and for only two of us, damn we generate a butt ton of laundry. Bet I average a load of clothes every other day as well.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

I do almost 100% of the household chores . I am not working, wife works her tail off...least i can do to earn my keep!

 

I am a whole house clean every week..100% hardwoods so that includes mopping floors, dusting, bathrooms etc. Only exceptions, as  @Seasons1992and @Augie would understand, is  i clean "my" bathroom every other day or so. 

 

Deep clean kitchen about once a month...includes cleaning out the nasty air filters in the vent, cleaning underneath the burners in the range( i have open burners) etc. 

 

and for only two of us, damn we generate a butt ton of laundry. Bet I average a load of clothes every other day as well.


Sooooo how much do you charge for housecleaning?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Ann said:


Sooooo how much do you charge for housecleaning?

 

For you, special price! 
 

when we were selling our home last fall, had a service come in and do a real “ deep clean”. Holy hell, had no idea how dirty our house was! $600, will do it every year now! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

For you, special price! 
 

when we were selling our home last fall, had a service come in and do a real “ deep clean”. Holy hell, had no idea how dirty our house was! $600, will do it every year now! 


I've often thought about getting one of the realtor service cleaning companies to do it. Our regular people get about 85% of everything, 90% when they deep clean. I just hope they are missing different spots every cleaning and it all gets covered eventually. :classic_tongue:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I do almost 100% of the household chores . I am not working, wife works her tail off...least i can do to earn my keep!

 

I am a whole house clean every week..100% hardwoods so that includes mopping floors, dusting, bathrooms etc. Only exceptions, as  @Seasons1992and @Augie would understand, is  i clean "my" bathroom every other day or so. 

 

Deep clean kitchen about once a month...includes cleaning out the nasty air filters in the vent, cleaning underneath the burners in the range( i have open burners) etc. 

 

and for only two of us, damn we generate a butt ton of laundry. Bet I average a load of clothes every other day as well.

 

HUSH! You make the lazy folk here look bad! Wife works, I loaf. She had a 6:00am flight home from NYC this morning, so good thing she’s been waking up at 3:30! Got home in time for another full day of work. (She actually loves it. Go figure.)

 

I do maybe half the laundry, and I keep things neat. There is no clutter in our house. Everything has a place, so put it there. I will swifter up the hair from two Golden Retrievers and keep the kitchen clean. I do ALL the shopping and 99% of the cooking. 

 

We have cleaning people about every third week. They go pretty deep, dusting all the shutters and moving furniture to vacuum (and find it impossible to return it to the proper location). 

 

She’s upstairs working, and I’m taking the dogs to the park now!

 

P.S. - If you have to do a deep clean of “your” bathroom every other day, you MAY be doing something wrong.  🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Augie said:

 

HUSH! You make the lazy folk here look bad! Wife works, I loaf. She had a 6:00am flight home from NYC this morning, so good thing she’s been waking up at 3:30! Got home in time for another full day of work. (She actually loves it. Go figure.)

 

I do maybe half the laundry, and I keep things neat. There is no clutter in our house. Everything has a place, so put it there. I will swifter up the hair from two Golden Retrievers and keep the kitchen clean. I do ALL the shopping and 99% of the cooking. 

 

We have cleaning people about every third week. They go pretty deep, dusting all the shutters and moving furniture to vacuum (and find it impossible to return it to the proper location). 

 

She’s upstairs working, and I’m taking the dogs to the park now!

 

P.S. - If you have to do a deep clean of “your” bathroom every other day, you MAY be doing something wrong.  🤷‍♂️

Oy vey, the dog hair is unbelievable. Have a lab/ chow mix and pit/boxer mix. Both short hair dogs. Vacuum once a day they lose so much hair.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Oy vey, the dog hair is unbelievable. Have a lab/ chow mix and pit/boxer mix. Both short hair dogs. Vacuum once a day they lose so much hair.   

 

I take the dogs to the park and the vet, etc. When I roll my windows down it’s like I’m traveling in a mobile snow globe! 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Guidelines