Jump to content

I Work Out


Robs House
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm talking about weight lifting with barbells and dumbbells, not crashing granny's Zumba class with @plenzmd1.

 

I've been doing a pull-leg-push split followed by a rest day.

 

What about the rest of you? Have you made the commitment to yourselves to stay fly until you die, or do you find comfort in the myth that chicks dig the "dad bod"?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I only do body weight callisthenic exercises and use thick bands for my workouts. This thing is expensive but it's been doing wonders and kept me from having to go a gym again which was handy during the pandemic.

 

x3progym.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

I only do body weight callisthenic exercises and use thick bands for my workouts. This thing is expensive but it's been doing wonders and kept me from having to go a gym again which was handy during the pandemic.

 

x3progym.jpg

 

What do you do for leg day?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Robs House said:

I'm talking about weight lifting with barbells and dumbbells, not crashing granny's Zumba class with @plenzmd1.

 

I've been doing a pull-leg-push split followed by a rest day.

 

What about the rest of you? Have you made the commitment to yourselves to stay fly until you die, or do you find comfort in the myth that chicks dig the "dad bod"?


Chicks dig who they love regardless of looks. ‘Chicks’ don’t stop loving someone because they age or gain 20 pounds. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ann said:


Chicks dig who they love regardless of looks. ‘Chicks’ don’t stop loving someone because they age or gain 20 pounds. 

So... Pilaties classes are okay? Asking for a friend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Robs House said:

 

What do you do for leg day?

Everyday is leg day with the bands. Lots of split/one-legged squats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Robs House said:

I'm talking about weight lifting with barbells and dumbbells, not crashing granny's Zumba class with @plenzmd1.

 

I've been doing a pull-leg-push split followed by a rest day.

 

What about the rest of you? Have you made the commitment to yourselves to stay fly until you die, or do you find comfort in the myth that chicks dig the "dad bod"?

Hmm, you in your basement or me in yoga class… 

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alaska Darin

I have a full gym in my basement.  I used Craigs List over the years to buy just about everything in there except the Bowflex max.

 

I have a leg press, leg extension, lat pulldown/tricep pushdown, power tower for pullups/dips, 1500ish pounds of weights, benches, and dumbbells from 5-75 pounds.

 

Workouts are all over the place.  Generally really short (less than 40 minutes).  I have a Beachbody.com subscription because my wife likes their stuff and I've found a few that I like (LIIFT4 being the best of the bunch).  I don't do anything "heavy" anymore but I'm in better shape than probably 99% of the people my age on this planet and can still fit into my old military gear.

 

I just bought some of these (https://animalhousefitness.com/products/monkeyfeet).  I'm looking forward to trying some different things with them.

 

I've been doing intermittent fasting for a few months now and it seems to be working - but I do need to be a little more strict with my diet.  I think that the hardest part because I love food (who doesn't really?).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I have a full gym in my basement.  I used Craigs List over the years to buy just about everything in there except the Bowflex max.

 

I have a leg press, leg extension, lat pulldown/tricep pushdown, power tower for pullups/dips, 1500ish pounds of weights, benches, and dumbbells from 5-75 pounds.

 

Workouts are all over the place.  Generally really short (less than 40 minutes).  I have a Beachbody.com subscription because my wife likes their stuff and I've found a few that I like (LIIFT4 being the best of the bunch).  I don't do anything "heavy" anymore but I'm in better shape than probably 99% of the people my age on this planet and can still fit into my old military gear.

 

I just bought some of these (https://animalhousefitness.com/products/monkeyfeet).  I'm looking forward to trying some different things with them.

 

I've been doing intermittent fasting for a few months now and it seems to be working - but I do need to be a little more strict with my diet.  I think that the hardest part because I love food (who doesn't really?).

 

This is where I am. I was going too hard and ended up getting tendonitis in both shoulders. I haven't had a push day in 2 weeks.

 

Better to lift lighter weight consistently than go heavy and sit out a month with injuries.

 

Although it's all relative. What I consider heavy some guys consider their warm up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I've been doing intermittent fasting for a few months now and it seems to be working - but I do need to be a little more strict with my diet.  I think that the hardest part because I love food (who doesn't really?).

 

I.F. is a game changer. I've been doing it about 18 months and if you hit a cheat day and turn into a pig it isn't so bad because you just fast longer. Currently I shoot for about 16 hours but I've also made it over 20 hours. Perhaps, a multi day one might be in the mix sometime in the future.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alaska Darin
8 hours ago, Robs House said:

 

This is where I am. I was going too hard and ended up getting tendonitis in both shoulders. I haven't had a push day in 2 weeks.

 

Better to lift lighter weight consistently than go heavy and sit out a month with injuries.

 

Although it's all relative. What I consider heavy some guys consider their warm up.

I've never met anyone who lifts heavy with regularity who hasn't had a major surgery with a long term rehab.  It's just part of pushing yourself like that - you're gonna get hurt eventually.  I did some power lifting when I was younger but I abandoned it after about 2 years because EVERYONE was having joint problems.  I ended up having some shoulder issues later that I attribute to a combination of barbell bench pressing and pitching. 

 

I'm almost 53 and I can do 15-20 pullups and over 60 pushups in a minute.  I'll never bench over 300 pounds again - I wouldn't even try a barbell bench press again but it's just not important to me to be "that kinda" strong.

 

I lost a couple of months of working out 2 years ago because I over did it with my back/bicep workout.  Most likely a similar deal to your shoulder issue.  Just too much, too often.  Lesson completely learned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alaska Darin
3 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

 

I.F. is a game changer. I've been doing it about 18 months and if you hit a cheat day and turn into a pig it isn't so bad because you just fast longer. Currently I shoot for about 16 hours but I've also made it over 20 hours. Perhaps, a multi day one might be in the mix sometime in the future.

Agreed.  It really does work and honestly, it's much easier for me than I thought it was going to be.  I really didn't like eating early in the morning, so simply eliminating "the most important meal of the day" was the trick.  I love breakfast food but eating at 10 or 11 instead of 6 AM works just fine.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nouseforaname

I got tired of lifting weights and eventually starting Thai kickboxing.  It was the best choice I ever made though the pandemic and the combination of having a son put a dent in that.  Definitely sporting a dad bod but I will take care of it.

 

@Alaska Darin Intermittent fasting is great.  I was pretty strict with the timing until my son was born.  Suddenly, it was much harder to go 16 hours without a meal when I was getting about 2-3 hours of sleep per night.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Alaska Darin
On 6/28/2021 at 10:01 PM, Meazza said:

I got tired of lifting weights and eventually starting Thai kickboxing.  It was the best choice I ever made though the pandemic and the combination of having a son put a dent in that.  Definitely sporting a dad bod but I will take care of it.

 

@Alaska Darin Intermittent fasting is great.  I was pretty strict with the timing until my son was born.  Suddenly, it was much harder to go 16 hours without a meal when I was getting about 2-3 hours of sleep per night.

Kids are expensive pets - in more ways than one.  😄

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seasons1992
On 7/3/2021 at 3:20 PM, Alaska Darin said:

Kids are expensive pets - in more ways than one.  😄

 

Just drove mine out to Denver/RMNP and back........yeah, they are $$$$$$.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Guidelines