Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What would make 2021 a successful season for you?

Ann

It's the down time between OTAs/minicamp and training camp, so not much going on now except community service events and fighting over covid-19 restrictions. With that in mind, opinion threads!

Last year, my hope for the Bills was that they win the division and win one playoff game. Their 13-3 record (division win) and appearance in the AFCCG exceeded my wildest expectations and made for a very successful season.  After all, this was a team that ended a 17 year playoff drought just a few seasons ago, and they had not won a playoff game since 1995. 

Now, however, hopes and expectations are high! Is the sky the limit? What would define "success" for the Buffalo Bills - to you - in 2021? 

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

What was really camouflaged during the *Patriots two decade run is that teams typically have a very short window in which they can win it all. The Bills are now in that window. In two years the Allen contract is going to start restricting the ability to retain/sign other big talents. Success at this point is winning a Super Bowl.

• Like 3

I gotta go with TYTT.  For the longest stretch just making the playoffs was the goal, but we have done that three out of four years now.

Winning the Super Bowl has to be the goal.

I wouldn't argue against something like 13 - 4 and going to the AFC Championship game being a "successful" year,

But this team can win it all.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Alaska Darin

It sort of depends.  I will be disappointed if the BILLS stay relatively healthy and don't at least repeat last season's accomplishments (AFC East title, deep playoff run) but every Super Bowl champion has a little bit of luck along the way so "being disappointed" by not winning the Super Bowl isn't really in my mindset.

I want them to win...the certainly will be good enough to win...but will they have that little bit of luck that every team needs (like not losing both of your starting OTs in the AFC Championship game)?

• Like 5

Frankly I will find the season a success if the team can prove that last season was not a fluke. The natural tendency from those who get paid to comment on the NFL is to take an unexpected Cinderella story like Josh and predict that the carriage is about to go back to pumpkin state.

When that happens, the amount of teeth gnashing by talking heads like Timmah! and Jerry, as well as the Simons of the online world, makes following the sport less fun. There are few things these chuckleheads like to do more than elevate someone like Josh and the Bills so they can have fun watching it crash to earth.

So success will be disappointing the talking heads again.

• Like 2

Defending the division crown against 3 rivals who will almost certainly all be better teams in 2021 will make it a successful year.

Beyond that, once you're in the tournament you need to be the team that gets on a roll and that's hard to predict or expect.

• Like 2

how do i say this...make it a fun season with no major mental mistakes or dip poop coaching decisions that cost games...i am fine.

I truly am looking forward more to the experience than the record this year....i missed games so much last year I aint gunna bitch if they have some injuries, regress a bit etc.

• Like 2

Barring injuries... to me? Super Bowl or bust. I think they are good enough to make, and win, a Super Bowl. Yes, some luck is involved, but on talent alone? The Bills are a clear favorite to me, and I'd like to finally see them hoist the Lombardi. 

On 6/23/2021 at 5:11 PM, Nanker said:

Winning the SuperBowl and keeping the coaching staff intact going into 2022. 

You think they'll be able to keep everyone on staff when they win a Super Bowl? 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Ann said:

You think they'll be able to keep everyone on staff when they win a Super Bowl? 

You think they can win a Super Bowl? :classic_ninja::excited:

• Like 1